Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    That about sums up the very nature of the problem WS.
    Thank you.
    That's correct. A fetus does not have legal status until the second and third trimesters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    ^no more invasive than what got one pregnant to begin with; and with few exceptions, that was elective. Not to mention, abortion is an elective invasive procedure.

What's the difference between manual rape--inserting a stick into the vagina against the woman's will-- and inserting a sonogram tube in the woman's vagina against her will?

Both are invasive and as you propose it, both are against the woman's will. You favor FORCED sonograms.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    That's correct. A fetus does not have legal status until the second and third trimesters.
    And that's only due to hard work from the pro-life movement.

By the way: I think it stinks that you got banned.

What's the difference between manual rape--inserting a stick into the vagina against the woman's will-- and inserting a sonogram tube in the woman's vagina against her will?

Both are invasive and as you propose it, both are against the woman's will. You favor FORCED sonograms.
    Simple: If she doesn't want a sonogram, don't have an abortion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    YES! A thousand times, yes!

Aand that is EXACTLY why she so badly wants to have gay marriage legalized.
    Why don't you ask me why I want a marriage license instead of TELLING me why I want it? It's for practical legal reasons.

I don't want your approval, nor do I accept your moral condemnation of me as a lesbian.

Your religion is very important to you, and I accept that. I hope you'd accept other religions support marriage equality and see it for the civil rights issue that it is.

It's CIVIL law.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Ooooh, more hyperbolic logic...BATTER-UP!

What's the difference? What's the difference between manual rape-- inserting a speculum into the vagina, dilating the cervix and removing a fetus? What's the difference between a sonogram and an abortion? Gee, I don't know; I guess nothing. Both are invasive and as you propose it, both are against the woman's will. You favor FORCED abortions.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    By the way: I think it stinks that you got banned.
    You don't think the written rules of the board need to be enforced? We RARELY ban, but sometimes have little choice. AND, her ban was lifted and a PM sent to her explaining why she was banned, and that she was welcome back. I'm not so sure that "stinks".
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You don't think the written rules of the board need to be enforced? We RARELY ban, but sometimes have little choice. AND, her ban was lifted and a PM sent to her explaining why she was banned, and that she was welcome back. I'm not so sure that "stinks".
    I meant to say that the ban was lifted only several hours after implemented.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

View my post through the lens of corporate culture. I'm not faulting you. Now I see what makes HR people earn their pay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

View my post through the lens of corporate culture. I'm not faulting you. Now I see what makes HR people earn their pay.
    This is why we have a rule about staff decisions being discussed publicly. Regular members don't always have the benefit of knowing what we know. But I can assure you, and long time members can back this up, we take bans seriously and rarely resort to moderating. So if you see that someone was given a 24hr timeout, 99.99% of the time they deserved a little vacation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This is why we have a rule about staff decisions being discussed publicly. Regular members don't always have the benefit of knowing what we know. But I can assure you, and long time members can back this up, we take bans seriously and rarely resort to moderating. So if you see that someone was given a 24hr timeout, 99.99% of the time they deserved a little vacation.
    Wait, you're giving out vacations? I thought you just banned them. I should have been more inquisitive about these staff decisions.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Wait, you're giving out vacations? I thought you just banned them. I should have been more inquisitive about these staff decisions.
    It's like total recall for rule breaking members!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I'm not doubting you. Think of it this way: An employee comes back from a suspension and the HR manager says "I think it stinks that you got suspended". That HR manager is not saying they oppose the suspension, just that they are sad to see someone get suspended. Then they might say "Let's not dwell on it and let's move forward".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Then they might say "Let's not dwell on it and let's move forward".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Some people just don't know any better.
    Once I implemented her logic, showing that she favors forced abortions, she had to return her regular diatribe. Its sad really...but in a funny way... like AIDS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Logroller--

Get a clue. Either debate the topic with me or put me completely on ignore and leave me alone.

Your choice.

wind