Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    Building permits are required and sonograms are not. Sonograms are elective and they are invasive procedures.
    Very few sonograms are at all invasive; and certainly not the type you get to check on the development of the baby.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Very few sonograms are at all invasive; and certainly not the type you get to check on the development of the baby.

The ones that go up your vagina are invasive. Any procedure that is FORCED against someone's will is invasive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The ones that go up your vagina are invasive. Any procedure that is FORCED against someone's will is invasive.
    When are sonograms forced? To prisoners who are pregnant? I seriously don't understand what this is about forced sonograms. I thought they were to checkup on pregnancies, no? How is that "forced"?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

What's the difference between manual rape--inserting a stick into the vagina against the woman's will-- and inserting a sonogram tube in the woman's vagina against her will?

Both are invasive and as you propose it, both are against the woman's will. You favor FORCED sonograms.
    I had every sonogram suggested to me when I was pregnant, and NOT ONE was invasive The intra-vaginal sonograms you are describing were not the standard operating procedure, and I doubt they are today.

Standard sonogram: gel on the abdomen, wand moving over the abdomen, picture of baby on the screen. Nothing invasive. Actually, I always found them fun and fascinating.

Now, a colonoscopy, that's invasive!

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I had every sonogram suggested to me when I was pregnant, and NOT ONE was invasive The intra-vaginal sonograms you are describing were not the standard operating procedure, and I doubt they are today.

Standard sonogram: gel on the abdomen, wand moving over the abdomen, picture of baby on the screen. Nothing invasive. Actually, I always found them fun and fascinating.

Yes ma'am, but even that I wouldn't consider forced. It's not like doctors and nurses are running down men and women and forcing us to have sonograms and rectal exams! I understand that many procedures can be uncomfortable, and even evasive, but I don't get the forced part.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    When are sonograms forced? To prisoners who are pregnant? I seriously don't understand what this is about forced sonograms. I thought they were to checkup on pregnancies, no? How is that "forced"?

Some slick anti-choice activists want to punish women who would elect to terminate their pregnancies by forcing them to have sonograms. They want to make an elective procedure involuntary and tied to the termination decision.

It's forced if you don't get to choose what is ordinarily an elective medical procedure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Listen, if you start making laws that force women to have procedures that are normally elective that's violating their rights. Admit that it's a punitive and humiliating strategy drummed up by the anti-choice side.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Some slick anti-choice activists want to punish women who would elect to terminate their pregnancies by forcing them to have sonograms. They want to make an elective procedure involuntary and tied to the termination decision.

It's forced if you don't get to choose what is ordinarily an elective medical procedure.
    How do they perform abortions, by rubbing gel on the woman's body and placing a scanner over it to look for the baby and learn more? I was always of the belief that an abortion was rather invasive. I'm no woman, but I would think I would prefer a sonogram over yanking.... Nevermind, suffice to say I would think one who is prepared to take a human life, and prepared for the procedure it entails, wouldn't find a sonogram so offensive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Listen, if you start making laws that force women to have procedures that are normally elective that's violating their rights. Admit that it's a punitive and humiliating strategy drummed up by the anti-choice side.
    So by the change of subject, are you now admitting you were wrong about standard sonograms for fetal development being invasive?

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

An exam and a procedure in order to get the elective procedure of abortion done.

Do you know HOW MANY elective procedures there are out there that require invasive procedures done before hand in order to qualify one for the elective?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

An exam and a procedure in order to get the elective procedure of abortion done.

Do you know HOW MANY elective procedures there are out there that require invasive procedures done before hand in order to qualify one for the elective?
    You are right.

Really it comes down to this: The pro-abortion crowd fights anything and everything that might give the mother-to-be pause before killing her own child. They absolutely hate when pictures of fetal growth are shown, or even a waiting period to think about what you are doing first.
    A sonogram showing the hands and feet and little heart beating, would be the absolute worst thing for their killing cause.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Darn skippy! When Nexium first came out and was even more expensive than it is now, the insurance company wanted a tube down my stomach before authorizing the prescription. It sure seemed like they just wanted to inflict discomfort to stop you from spending their money. I wonder how much of Obamacare has special "carve-outs" for abortion when care starts to get rationed. I hope we never find out.

You are right.

Really it comes down to this: The pro-abortion crowd fights anything and everything that might give the mother-to-be pause before killing her own child. They absolutely hate when pictures of fetal growth are shown, or even a waiting period to think about what you are doing first.
    A sonogram showing the hands and feet and little heart beating, would be the absolute worst thing for their killing cause.
    Correct. They seem to want a timeshare-style sales job done on the patient where the abortionist profits from a snap decision.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes ma'am, but even that I wouldn't consider forced. It's not like doctors and nurses are running down men and women and forcing us to have sonograms and rectal exams! I understand that many procedures can be uncomfortable, and even evasive, but I don't get the forced part.
    If you make it a law that you MUST have a rectal exam and colonscopy then you are forcing someone to have medical procedure that is no longer elective.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are right.

The pro-choice crowd fights anything designed to take a woman's choice away. It's about choice. Women have the legal rights to their own bodies. You want the fetus to have more rights than the woman. So your side will throw up anything it can to lessen a woman's ability to choose whether to carry or terminate her pregancy.

Heavy handed, as usual.

It's true abortion stops a beating heart, (if the fetus is that developed to have one.) but so does heart surgery. Both are elective medical procedures.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

The pro-choice crowd fights anything designed to take a woman's choice away. It's about choice. Women have the legal rights to their own bodies. You want the fetus to have more rights than the woman. So your side will throw up anything it can to lessen a woman's ability to choose whether to carry or terminate her pregancy.

Heavy handed, as usual.
    I don't see how subjecting a woman to a high pressure sales job gives her an enhanced choice.