Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    I won't comment on this because it's off topic.
    and I will respond to your neg. I gave back and I'm not going to double down as I usually do for negs. For the simple reason I do think you are simple.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Do your duty, Sky. Have babies.

No no...I think the rest of us are supposed to come to our senses and rebel against the MAN.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    No no...I think the rest of us are supposed to come to our senses and rebel against the MAN.
    I hate this voice in my head that keeps telling me to make babies.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some Catholic bishops for one. Let me find the link.

This isn't the link I intend to show you but it does address the topic.

The Catholic Church is opposed to artificial contraception and orgasmic acts outside of the context of marital intercourse.[2] This belief dates back to the first centuries of Christianity.[3] Such acts are considered intrinsically disordered because of the belief that all licit sexual acts must be both unitive (express love), and procreative (open to procreation). The only form of birth control permitted is abstinence. Modern scientific methods of "periodic abstinence" such as natural family planning (NFP) were counted as a form of abstinence by Pope Paul VI in his 1968 encyclical Humanae Vitae.[4] The following is the condemnation of contraception:
    Therefore We base Our words on the first principles of a human and Christian doctrine of marriage when We are obliged once more to declare that the direct interruption of the generative process already begun and, above all, all direct abortion, even for therapeutic reasons, are to be absolutely excluded as lawful means of regulating the number of children. Equally to be condemned, as the magisterium of the Church has affirmed on many occasions, is direct sterilization, whether of the man or of the woman, whether permanent or temporary. Similarly excluded is any action which either before, at the moment of, or after sexual intercourse, is specifically intended to prevent procreation—whether as an end or as a means.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio..._birth_control

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Some Catholic bishops for one. Let me find the link.
    And I can find tons of links showing the nuts and fucking cuckoos that practice Buddhism. Then again, no link is really needed...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

In Buddhism, there is no established doctrine about contraception. Traditional Buddhist teaching favors fertility over birth control, so some are reluctant to tamper with the natural development of life. A Buddhist may accept all contraceptive methods but with different degrees of hesitation. The worst of all is abortion or ‘killing a human to be.’

Hmmmm.... WS, you may want to teach other Buddhists that it's the woman's right to her own fetus and it's not the "worst"
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm not talking about the GOP in this thread. Thank you for recognizing that official RCC policy is that married women and men have a duty to procreate.

It's true that few Catholics actually practice that doctrine.

I'm thinking just the last few generations of Catholics. My great grandmother had ten living children, my grandmother had seven, and my aunt had five. Her children have 2 each.
    and those numbers of offspring differ from the general population how? Say, protestants?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cardinal Christoph Schönborn of Vienna believes the small but growing number of faithful Catholic families in Europe can win the continent back to the Christian faith. “I see our young, believing families with four or five or six or more children and how they live in the midst of this society – they are really the New Evangelization not through words, but through the fact of living the happiness of a believing family,” he told CNA May 14 in Rome.
    “We are now a minority – the baptized Christians in Austria are 70 percent but practicing Catholics are 10 percent -- but if these 10 percent are convincing and convinced, they can change the country, just as happened in the Roman Empire.”

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...onvert-europe/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Birth control is the practice of preventing birth from taking place. There are two ways this can be done – by preventing conception from happening or by destroying the foetus at some stage before it is born. Buddhism teaches that life begins at or shortly after conception and thus considers abortion to be a type of killing (M.I,265). To prevent conception from happening, either by using condoms, contraceptive pills, cervical devices or spermicides does not involve killing, and is thus morally neutral. The ancient Indians practised douching to prevent conception and also made condoms out of animals’ intestines.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And I can find tons of links showing the nuts and fucking cuckoos that practice Buddhism. Then again, no link is really needed...
    Buddhism is off topic.

If you'd like me to find what the Buddhist view is of women having children I'll see what I can find, but it's actually off the topic. I cannot mention
    Buddhism without one of you having a fit about it.

The questions is whether child bearing is a woman's duty to her religion or society. I say she is not required to have children as a duty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Cardinal Christoph Schönborn of Vienna believes the small but growing number of faithful Catholic families in Europe can win the continent back to the Christian faith. “I see our young, believing families with four or five or six or more children and how they live in the midst of this society – they are really the New Evangelization not through words, but through the fact of living the happiness of a believing family,” he told CNA May 14 in Rome.
    “We are now a minority – the baptized Christians in Austria are 70 percent but practicing Catholics are 10 percent -- but if these 10 percent are convincing and convinced, they can change the country, just as happened in the Roman Empire.”

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...onvert-europe/
    He's trying to cheerlead Europe's decision, including Catholics to fall below replacement level. Go ahead and cheer Sky, it will not end well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Buddhism is off topic.

If you'd like me to find what the Buddhist view is of women having children I'll see what I can find, but it's actually off the topic.

The questions is whether child bearing is a woman's duty to her religion or society.
    I really don't care what you think is off or on topic. I WILL point out hypocrisy where and when I feel like it. You're all about women's rights. You're all about abortion being a woman's choice. You go on and on and on about Buddhism and trash Catholics whenever you can. I'm merely pointing out that even Buddhism has a problem with abortion and considers it killing, contrary to your own beliefs. So basically, you disagree with what your own faith teaches.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Buddhism is off topic.

If you'd like me to find what the Buddhist view is of women having children I'll see what I can find, but it's actually off the topic. I cannot mention
    Buddhism without one of you having a fit about it.

The questions is whether child bearing is a woman's duty to her religion or society. I say she is not required to have children as a duty.
    The bolded is your opinion only. The rest of the board, staff included, has the right to answer as they deem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the European Bishops was worried that Europe would become predominantly Muslim populated. He called for Christians to have more children. That sounds like having children is a national or regional duty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

One of the European Bishops was worried that Europe would become predominantly Muslim populated. He called for Christians to have more children.
    And Buddhism calls for women to not have abortions and KILL.