Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Men who cheat on their wives are more likely to have a heart attack. That's the topic.

No mention of homosexual or lesbian marriage. No mention of Buddhism. No mention of feminism.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    How am I being narrow minded? Do you think only men's needs in a heterosexual relationship count?

Some men cheat first, and then the woman turns off them sexually out of anger.
    Do only women's needs in a homosexual relationship count? Oh, wait...

Do only one partner's needs count in a queer relationship?

Or are you continually trying to put "heterosexual" in there as if queers don't have issues? Then again, I suppose just becoming a queer is an issue that trumps all normal people's issues combined!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Men who cheat on their wives are more likely to have a heart attack. That's the topic.

No mention of homosexual or lesbian marriage. No mention of Buddhism. No mention of feminism.
    Oh well, overcome and adapt!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How am I being narrow minded? Do you think only men's needs in a heterosexual relationship count?

Some men cheat first, and then the woman turns off them sexually out of anger.
    Do you think only the womans needs need to be met? How do you know the men don't "cheat" out of anger of having love and affection being withheld?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Or are you continually trying to put "heterosexual" in there as if queers don't have issues? Then again, I suppose just becoming a queer is an issue that trumps all normal people's issues combined!

I didn't start this thread. The OP is clearly about heterosexual marriages. I have no problem with that. You are the one who brought up queers in this thread. I didn't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Do you think only the womans needs need to be met? How do you know the men don't "cheat" out of anger of having love and affection being with held?

No, I didn't say that only the woman's need count in a heterosexual marriage. The OP is about the fact that men who cheat die of heart attacks sooner. The motive for cheating is irrelevant to the research.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I didn't start this thread. The OP is clearly about heterosexual marriages. I have no problem with that. You are the one who brought up queers in this thread. I didn't.
    Sure, I admit I brought it up - since you continually toss out "heterosexual" as if it's a bad word. You can either acknowledge, or continue to dance and avoid, but either way I get the facts in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

No...see...life in a homosexual relationship is all butterflies and rainbows. No domestic violence...no with holding of sex and affection..and definately no cheating....nada.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

No, I didn't say that only the woman's need count in a heterosexual marriage. The OP is about the fact that men who cheat die of heart attacks sooner. The motive for cheating is irrelevant to the research.
    Yet, didn't you refer to the heart attacks as karma?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Can you quote from the article where it states it is solely referring to "heterosexuals"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No...see...life in a homosexual relationship is all butterflies and rainbows. No domestic violence...no with holding of sex and affection..and definately no cheating....nada.

Life in a homosexual or lesbian relationship isn't the topic. The topic is that men who cheat on their wives get heart attacks.

Cheating is a universal relationship phenomena and gays and lesbians deal with it too. We weren't studied in the OP.

Domestic violence also occurs in gay and lesbian relationships.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blarset View Post
    I stayed as long as I could. I raised two children and started a business. The way I coped with the rejection from her was to seek sex and intimacy outside the marriage. The most important issue for me in my value system was to take care of my family. I did that. Now that I have met my obligations I am going to live my life and try to find happiness. This OP is about me in every way. And yes it is stressful for some of us, its literally killing us( health wise) to be trapped in a loveless existence and be honor bound to do the right thing for our children.
    I think it is commendable that you were honor bound to do right by your kids and see that aspect through...even though the marriage didn't last. My husband wrote off his kids finacially,physically...pretty much all the way actually... the day we parted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

All those things are worse in homosexual worlds, 'cept you can add in 'denial', followed by some sort of disease.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Yet, didn't you refer to the heart attacks as karma?

Yes, I did. But what karma means to you and karma means to me are different. To you, karma is punishment. To me, karma is cause and effect. The stress of cheating on your spouse is hard on the heart. That's karma, cause and effect. It isn't a moralistic judgment or punishment--that's a Judeo Christian view, not a Buddhist view.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not irrelevant to the discussion, however, since I brought it up.