Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You seemed to miss where I compared how she dressed, to how other Muslim girls dressed. In that school there are many wearing hajib. A few in burkas. Yes, in the West. Yes, in a wealthy, mid-west high school. They are not harassed, just the opposite.
    so in a wealthy mid-west high school muslims are not harassed, does that apply to all other schools in USA, and to the streets and malls and shops as well ?, can you say that no Muslims are harassed in the entire USA ?
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    so in a wealthy mid-west high school muslims are not harassed, does that apply to all other schools in USA, and to the streets and malls and shops as well ?, can you say that no Muslims are harassed in the entire USA ?
    No, cannot say that, but will say that there are few stories of such. OTOH, there are many more stories of 'families' taking out their daughters for being too Western. Same in Muslim countries. Abso, I'm very sorry to say that you are buying into the propaganda you've been served.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes a girl in a midwest town, where she is the only muslim, is likely going to be harassed. That would be a rare occurrence, as most muslims congregate in certain parts of cities. The same would happen with a Sikh or hari kristna. It seems to me the Copts of egypt have it much harder than muslims in the US.

For every prejudicial action you can point at in the west and US, I can point to 9 with even worse out comes in the middle east. And many of those in the so called moderate countries.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if that is the measure by which you measure things, then the muslim people should hate christians for eternity for the hundreds of thousands of muslims who died during the crusades, and there than half a million of iraqi muslims who died in iraq, and the bosnian genocides, all those wars waged by christians have caused more than 1 111million muslim deathes at least, yet i don't see muslims making fun of the westren clothes or annoying christians in the street for the way they dress !!!

by the total destruction and kill of innocent people, christians have surpassed muslims by a factor of 1000 at least...

and you also didn't say that you refuse such treatment of people who didn't do anything except wearing what they want, so from what i can understand, you condone such actions ?
    Yes, that is one of the measure by which I measure things
    It's just plain true. And I well aware of the killing of innocents by Christians. Hell, when I posted what I did, I wasn't even thinking about Muslims. I was thinking how much the Japanese must have distrusted Americans after having 2 nukes dropped on them

I've said it before, people of ALL cultures have justifiable reasons for discriminating against others. No amount of bullshit political correctness will ever change that because it is built into us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    Yes, that is one of the measure by which I measure things
    It's just plain true. And I well aware of the killing of innocents by Christians. Hell, when I posted what I did, I wasn't even thinking about Muslims. I was thinking how much the Japanese must have distrusted Americans after having 2 nukes dropped on them

I've said it before, people of ALL cultures have justifiable reasons for discriminating against others. No amount of bullshit political correctness will ever change that because it is built into us.
    ahem, Japan never had a nuclear weapon dropped on them my friend. Just for historical perspective.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    ahem, Japan never had a nuclear weapon dropped on them my friend. Just for historical perspective.
    Con, you may want to brush up your education.

http://www.history.com/topics/bombin...hattan-project

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you splittin' hairs with me about the difference between fusion and fission?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    Are you splittin' hairs with me about the difference between fusion and fission?
    Sorry

A) I'm a historian
    B) I'ms a smart ass

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry

A) I'm a historian
    B) I'ms a smart ass
    That makes so much sense. THAT'S what's wrong with you.
    historian...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    That makes so much sense. THAT'S what's wrong with you.
    historian...
    Cadet, I'm only being truthful when I say I pray everyday that you and every other guy your age grows up to be half the man I am.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well it's school, and being different is never easy. However, after the columbine shooting there has been a concerted effort to teach tolerance; often with a zero-tolerance for any type of bullying. It takes time, nothing meaningful happens overnight.
    What concerns me is the resurgence of ultra-conservatism. In the US this is prevalent in the marriage debate. In Egypt I think there's some concern over the rise of the Muslim brotherhood. Would you disagree?
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99