Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
Sure people would still have unprotected sex, but some who might have gone-in unprotected before might use b.c. if it were readily and easily available. If a girl who didn't know anything about b.c. pills suddenly became educated about them she might choose to go on the pill. That's one-less potential unwanted pregnancy. If a guy who had never been introduced to them before suddenly became educated about condoms or about the female menstrual cycle (something they never taught us guys about here in GA schools) he would have knowledge that he could use to avoid unwanted pregnancy. I never said easily available birth control would completely do away with cases of unwanted pregnancy, but it would certainly lead to a decline in those cases. If we only teach abstinence-only dogma we're completely ignoring another proven line of defense, leaving a problem spot in our society. i.e. If a person were to only have abstinence-only education then that person gets into a situation where they are going to have sex, they are ignoring their abstinence-only education. If they had birth control, they could also choose to ignore it, but atleast there were two lines of defense against unprotected sex rather than only one. Shattered is right, it all comes down to personal responsibility. Will you indulge or will you "go monk." Most people will indulge I think, so why not atleast make it easy for them to get condoms?
You are very good at assuming-away the problems with your line of thinking.