Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    I've just never heard the term "Mahdism". Of course I know about the Mahdi.

Yes, but there is hope.

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (2:62)

All you have to do is forget about this crazy concept that one of the most beloved of God's Prophets was a human incarnation of God, or his son, or is a ghost. You believe in God, and if you do good deeds, and since one of God's names in Islam is Al Ghaffar (The Forgiver), you may have no need to fear eternal damnation
    There is nothing to indicate you knew anything of the Mahdi until you were asked at least 10 times.....just stop pretending.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Jafar,
    I believe in God as well.
    the passage you Quote is very interesting, it's similar to a few passages in the Bible.

i've got a question for you, the passage says believe and do good works.
    Is there anyway to know what kind or HOW MUCH good work you have to do to get a reward and escape eternal damnation?
    Well, good deeds are worth more than bad ones.

There is a quote from a hadith that makes one think before one acts and it goes along the lines of...

If you intend to do a good deed and actually do it, you are rewarded with having performed between 10 and 7000 or more good deeds
    If you intend to do a good deed but don't actually do it, you are rewarded with having performed 1 good deed
    If you intend to do a bad deed but don't actually do it, 1 bad deed is recorded against you
    If you intend to do a good deed and actually do it, 1 bad deed is recorded against you.

Good deeds are worth more than bad deeds and one good deed can wipe out many bad deeds.

There is another story where a prostitute (who has performed many bad deeds) was sitting by a well when a thirsty dog came along. All other people ignored the thirsty dog,l except the prostitute who took off her shoe, filled it with water from the well and gave it to the thirsty dog. For this one good deed, God forgave her and she earned a place in paradise.

So, while it is totally possible for you to be forgiven and enter paradise but not be a Muslim, it is not assured.

Intention is everything and only God knows what is concealed in your heart.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

There is a quote from a hadith that makes one think before one acts and it goes along the lines of...

If you intend to do a good deed and actually do it, you are rewarded with having performed between 10 and 7000 or more good deeds
    If you intend to do a good deed but don't actually do it, you are rewarded with having performed 1 good deed
    If you intend to do a bad deed but don't actually do it, 1 bad deed is recorded against you
    If you intend to do a good deed and actually do it, 1 bad deed is recorded against you.

Good deeds are worth more than bad deeds and one good deed can wipe out many bad deeds.

There is another story where a prostitute (who has performed many bad deeds) was sitting by a well when a thirsty dog came along. All other people ignored the thirsty dog,l except the prostitute who took off her shoe, filled it with water from the well and gave it to the thirsty dog. For this one good deed, God forgave her and she earned a place in paradise.

So, while it is totally possible for you to be forgiven and enter paradise but not be a Muslim, it is not assured.

Ahh,
    Both of those stories are from the Hadith?
    is the Hadith considered reliable? Or part of what you consider God's word or is it more like respected tradition?
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-12-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Have you ever been to a Muslim hospital, heard a Muslim orchestra, seen a Muslim band march in a parade, witnessed a Muslim charity, shaken hands with a Muslim Boy Scout or Girl Scout, seen a Muslim Candy Striper. ???? I haven't either.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Have you ever been to a Muslim hospital,
    You wouldn't even have modern hospitals if Muslims in Baghdad and Cairo hadn't invented the idea of a place where the sick could be treated with medicine. All you had before that were sanatoriums attached to temples where they just prayed for you to get better or places where you were sent to die like leper colonies.

heard a Muslim orchestra,

Now you have....

seen a Muslim band march in a parade,
    That's an American cultural thing. Do the street musicians in the link above count?

witnessed a Muslim charity,
    http://www.ifrc.org/
    http://www.muslimaid.org
    http://www.hidaya.org/?gclid=CP_cppbWlbECFeuTpgodwizkhw
    http://www.muslimhands.org
    http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/

Charity is one of the pillars of Islam.

shaken hands with a Muslim Boy Scout or Girl Scout,
    Again, an American cultural thing. I did however find something which may assist you in your quest to find a Muslim boy or girl scout to shake hands with.
    http://www.islamicscouting.org/

seen a Muslim Candy Striper. ????
    Oh, but Muslims make much much more than just striped candy.
    Check out this short video I made in an Egyptian sweet shop in Ramadan. Oh, and they do have striped candies at the back....

I haven't either.
    You obviously need to get out more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Ahh,
    Both of those stories are from the Hadith?
    is the Hadith considered reliable? Or part of what you consider God's word or is it more like respected tradition?
    Yes they are from hadith and stuck in my mind because I first heard them when sitting in on lectures by a Sheikh in London and I have heard them several times in different mosques in different countries.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You wouldn't even have modern hospitals if Muslims in Baghdad and Cairo hadn't invented the idea of a place where the sick could be treated with medicine. All you had before that were sanatoriums attached to temples where they just prayed for you to get better or places where you were sent to die like leper colonies.

Now you have....

That's an American cultural thing. Do the street musicians in the link above count?

Again, an American cultural thing. I did however find something which may assist you in your quest to find a Muslim boy or girl scout to shake hands with.

Check out this short video I made in an Egyptian sweet shop in Ramadan. Oh, and they do have striped candies at the back....

So I listem,

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Now you have....

So I listem, what is it you wish I learn? i
    That an Islamic orchestra is a willing partipant in whining and threats against others.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    So I listem, what is it you wish I learn? i
    That an Islamic orchestra is a willing partipant in whining and threats against others.
    Exactly how do you find Umm Kulthum threatening?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Yes they are from hadith and stuck in my mind because I first heard them when sitting in on lectures by a Sheikh in London and I have heard them several times in different mosques in different countries.

NOw here's another difference in Islam and Christianity -at least an old and strong core of it's teaching-

here's a passage from the new testament the apostle Paul
    "8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith
    —and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9
    not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephisians

the prophet John the baptist
    29 The next day John saw Jesus coming to him and said, Look! There is the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world!
    John 1:29

Jesus speaking
    39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”
    John 6

Basically the new testament and old testament say that we need a savoir. that our good works are not enough to be considered clean in the sight of God. God commanded Moses that the people need sacrifices for their sins and the priest to stand between the holy God and the people. John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus was the "lamb" that takes AWAY the sins if the world. The final sacrifice. The new testament is clear that our good works DO NOT out weight our bad works and can never do so. Jesus said if our righteousness does not surpass those of the Scribes and religious leaders of the day in their meticulous adherence to the laws of Moses you could not have eternal life.
    But that Salvation is a Gift, not earned, But accepted by faith. Any Good works after accepting the gift are done as the right and natural thing to do in thanksgiving and obedience to God who we understand loves us dearly.
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-13-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Also from the new testament
    Galatians

5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” 7 Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham. 8 Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.” 9 So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” 11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.” 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.”[g] 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
    Jesus in Luke 18

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
    14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” ...
    and Jesus in Luke 23

... 35 The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”
    36 The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar 37 and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”
    38 There was a written notice above him, which read: this is the king of the jews.
    39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”
    40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” ....

not much time for any good works when your hanging on a cross, but there is time to trust in the mercy of God and believe in his Savior.

Acts 16: 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved —you and your household.”
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-15-2012 at 06:53 AM.