Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    We have pinon coffee here...ever tried that? It's very good. Have a place I visit just to send NM coffee to friends and relatives around the holidays.

I used to drink a lot of Iced tea...then I started working and since I don't drink coffee I got hooked on cokes. I need to cut back and drink more water.

Yeah...and now we have all the other foo foo coffee joints popping up all over the place...Satelite....Joe's Coffee..etc...

But...last time I tried to buy DD's coffee at the grocery store it was almost $12.00 a bag. I decided the brats could do without

Ah...the roach coach. I miss those...was very good for quickie breakfast burritos when I was preggers.
    Cokes are far worse to drink that coffee! Far more bad ingredients ! Proceed with due caution my friend...-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Cokes are far worse to drink that coffee! Far more bad ingredients ! Proceed with due caution my friend...-Tyr
    Well....they are the same in one respect. They both get you addicted to caffeine...and then trying to give it up has some seriously crappy side effects. In my case... horrible migraines.

But, I agree...coke/sodas are evil. Now... I just need to work them out of my daily routine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Well....they are the same in one respect. They both get you addicted to caffeine...and then trying to give it up has some seriously crappy side effects. In my case... horrible migraines.

But, I agree...coke/sodas are evil. Now... I just need to work them out of my daily routine.
    Try substituting a fruit drink, one with little or no added sugar. I buy cranberry juice and apple juice myself.
    Orange juice for breakfast with a slice of raisan bread. Usually fish or chicken for lunch and supper. Chicken , I buy boneless, skinless and either have it baked or stir fried using olive oil. That way I can have my healthy veggies too.
    Cokes = bad= 1.the caffeine, 2. the sweetners, 3. the artificial coloring, 4.the carbonation.
    Coffee=bad= the caffeine. One or even two cups of coffee a day not so bad but more is a different story.
    Avoid both and lose weight too is a win/win.-
    Of course even if you dont need to lose any weight its still a win/win IMHO.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try substituting a fruit drink, one with little or no added sugar. I buy cranberry juice and apple juice myself.
    Orange juice for breakfast with a slice of raisan bread. Usually fish or chicken for lunch and supper. Chicken , I buy boneless, skinless and either have it baked or stir fried using olive oil. That way I can have my healthy veggies too.
    Cokes = bad= 1.the caffeine, 2. the sweetners, 3. the artificial coloring, 4.the carbonation.
    Coffee=bad= the caffeine. One or even two cups of coffee a day not so bad but more is a different story.
    Avoid both and lose weight too is a win/win.-
    Of course even if you dont need to lose any weight its still a win/win IMHO.-Tyr
    Ewww....just say no to the orange juice.

I tend to eat a lot of stir fry when I am in diet mode...so that works for me. Wonder what other juice is availble. They have a million and one kinds these days...should be easy enough to find something good I would think. Other than water (which I need to drink more of too.)
    Last edited by Shadow; 07-21-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I'm disappointed. I thought this thread was about Juan Valdez...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

For a moment it had my interest, I love my coffee. Then it got all green and abs. I was out.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    For a moment it had my interest, I love my coffee. Then it got all green and abs. I was out.
    Guess you would aree with Mr. Shilling then?

"Coffee is the second most important commodity in the world after petroleum," he says. "But there has been less research conducted on it than peanuts or kumquats."
    And on a green note...can you believe they clear cut the rain forrest of coffee plants just to grow bananas,corn and grass? The bastards.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good 'ole Juan Valdez.... I wonder if he is still alive and kicking?
    One of them might be....but the original died in 1993. Here are some facts about Juan Valdez...seems he's had about 5 lives...

Juan Valdez was initially portrayed by José F. Duval in both print advertisements and on television until 1969. José Duval died in 1993 at the age of 72.[4]
    Juan Valdez had been embodied by Carlos Sánchez since 1969 and voiced by Norman Rose. In 2006, Sánchez announced his retirement,[5] and Carlos Castañeda, a grower from the town of Andes, Antioquia, was selected[6] by the National Federation of Coffee Growers of Colombia as the new face of Juan Valdez.[7]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Valdez
    Last edited by Shadow; 07-22-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Someone say coffee? Sure, I can use a cup! But pretty much only regular 'ol Green Mountain if away from home, and "Donut House" K cups for my Keurig machine. I'm telling you, they put crack in that stuff. I started drinking it about a year ago or so and haven't stopped since. Literally, been up for a year enjoying this yummy coffee! Gonna go refill now...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Juan Valdez aint got nothing in the xx beer guy-- Sasquatch took his picture Ive heard plus, he ran against the pamplona bulls, not with them. That's badass!
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99