Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I know it's technically possible to pick a Muslim out of the crowd, if it's a woman wearing a burqa in a normal American town. But for the most part, it's not always that easy to pick out a Muslim gent. I have one friend who is as white as me, with wavy brown hair and features you would see on anyone else. He has no accent whatsoever. You would never know he is a Muslim from Algeria. Another buddy is about as black as they come. You wouldn't pick him out of a line-up as being a Muslim, but might assume he was from Harlem or Africa. And well, he is from Morocco, so he is actually from a portion of Africa!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Another buddy is about as black as they come. You wouldn't pick him out of a line-up as being a Muslim, but might assume he was from Harlem or Africa. And well, he is from Morocco, so he is actually from a portion of Africa!
    If you divide the land area of Morocco by that of Africa it turns out you're buddy is only 1.4% African.
    You might want let him know to ask his mother where the other 98.6% of him came from
    Last edited by Thunderknuckles; 07-27-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    If you divide the land area of Morocco by that of Africa it turns out you're buddy is only 1.4% African.
    You might want let him know to ask his mother where the other 98.6% of him came from
    He disassociates himself from Africa as in his own words he says it makes him the "N" word, but not said like that. He is a racist Muslim!! LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I know it's technically possible to pick a Muslim out of the crowd, if it's a woman wearing a burqa in a normal American town. But for the most part, it's not always that easy to pick out a Muslim gent. I have one friend who is as white as me, with wavy brown hair and features you would see on anyone else. He has no accent whatsoever. You would never know he is a Muslim from Algeria. Another buddy is about as black as they come. You wouldn't pick him out of a line-up as being a Muslim, but might assume he was from Harlem or Africa. And well, he is from Morocco, so he is actually from a portion of Africa!
    Of course, the man on the right is sporting a classic Muslim beard.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Here's a recent pic of me at the JW Marriott in Orlando..

just last week
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I pictured you as a younger bloke, so I would say the one on the left! Are you into stocks or something? Or some sort of broadcasting? It looks like a TV set or similar you are on there.
    I'm the one on the right with the beard. I am Director of a Foreign Exchange broker. The pic was taken at a recent expo (trade show). We showed a little of our other business in esports media in the background for a little while for fun. We actually attracted a bunch of gamers who recognised the game immeditately

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    jafar is on the right.
    Correct!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The far, far, right.
    Actually I am supposedly a lefty with a libertarian bent if you believe those websites that tell where you fit in the political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    No guessing required....ahmed.gif
    lol.. infidel!

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post

just last week
    I will be in the Marriott in Kuala Lumpur in a couple of weeks. They always have good food there. Especially the Cairo Marriott. The courtyard restaurant is pricey but the food and shisha are great.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

just last week
    Please tell me you are like 25? LOL I'm 44 and can't get rid of the belly. I hate seeing other guys in better shape than myself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    I'm the one on the right with the beard. I am Director of a Foreign Exchange broker. The pic was taken at a recent expo (trade show). We showed a little of our other business in esports media in the background for a little while for fun. We actually attracted a bunch of gamers who recognised the game immeditately
    Not how I pictured you at all! I pictured a guy wearing a white robe, with goats in the background, 72 wives, holding an AK-47 and an RPG...

"I kid, I kid" <---- if you watch Conan and "Triumph the Insult comic dog!

Are you guys hiring for a remote position on the Eastern side of the States to a guy with little to no experience? You can pay me via Paypal!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I don't have any recent pictures of myself. I rarely sit for photos, and I don't own a camera. My g/f thinks I'm crazy for being like this, but I've always shied away from having my picture taken.

Perhaps it's the fact that I'm in the Federal Witness Protection Program that makes me this way
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Well that's another DP user who could crush me betwixt forefinger and thumb xD

Andand ConHog I gotta haircut!
    (Again posting from my phone so sorry of the images are huge)
    The night before;

The noon After;

I am most taken with mourning for what no longer is D:
    I used to know a musician named Gary Wilson.. he went on to make a few albums and has a small cult following.. you could pass for his twin... This is one of his more conservative pictures... he's known for being very eclectic ... to be generous

chee20.jpg
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I will be in the Marriott in Kuala Lumpur in a couple of weeks. They always have good food there. Especially the Cairo Marriott. The courtyard restaurant is pricey but the food and shisha are great.
    Oh the Marriott's are awesome, the staffing is second to none and they have the best amenities around. They are pricey as you said, I left the resort for dinner most nights due tothe cost, just couldn't justify 30.00 for a steak I could get for 18.00 somewhere else..
    Please tell me you are like 25? LOL I'm 44 and can't get rid of the belly. I hate seeing other guys in better shape than myself.
    You and I are the same age Jim, I thought that pic makes me look kind of doughy though, not a good pic... Will have to find a better one, as for getting rid of the gut you really should try the Insanity workout, I had a thread on it until gabs decided to derail it...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh the Marriott's are awesome, the staffing is second to none and they have the best amenities around. They are pricey as you said, I left the resort for dinner most nights due tothe cost, just couldn't justify 30.00 for a steak I could get for 18.00 somewhere else..
    I'm a rewards card carrying member of Marriott. They are one of the best in the industry. I've stayed at their hotels up and down the East Coast of the States, but mostly just the one in Central NJ when I go on an extended visit to family. And you know the best part? My sister started working at that one about almost a year ago. Normally I would pay $119 a night there, unless a weekend special, and I could get it from $89-99 a night, sometimes. You need to spend a decent amount of time staying with them before the rewards card has much effect. But if my sister books my room, and has permission to give me her rate, I pay $39 a night for a king size bed with full amenities!

You and I are the same age Jim, I thought that pic makes me look kind of doughy though, not a good pic... Will have to find a better one, as for getting rid of the gut you really should try the Insanity workout, I had a thread on it until gabs decided to derail it...
    Yeah, I kinda knew, but was hoping you would magically tell me you were 25 so I wouldn't feel so bad!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I'm a rewards card carrying member of Marriott. They are one of the best in the industry. I've stayed at their hotels up and down the East Coast of the States, but mostly just the one in Central NJ when I go on an extended visit to family. And you know the best part? My sister started working at that one about almost a year ago. Normally I would pay $119 a night there, unless a weekend special, and I could get it from $89-99 a night, sometimes. You need to spend a decent amount of time staying with them before the rewards card has much effect. But if my sister books my room, and has permission to give me her rate, I pay $39 a night for a king size bed with full amenities!

Yeah, I kinda knew, but was hoping you would magically tell me you were 25 so I wouldn't feel so bad!
    Did you know that the initial investors with Marriott those who gave the brothers about 2500.00 in the late 50's to expand the company have a LIFETIME hold on hotel prices for them and their children. The cost at the time was 7.00 a night and they STILL pay that to this day as a perk for investing in the company, regardless of where the Marriott is, that is what they pay... Amazing if you ask me, but they did take a big risk with a lot of money for the time.... I think the JW in Orlando is up to 350.00 a night now... would love to only pay 7.00 dollar for that LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Did you know that the initial investors with Marriott those who gave the brothers about 2500.00 in the late 50's to expand the company have a LIFETIME hold on hotel prices for them and their children. The cost at the time was 7.00 a night and they STILL pay that to this day as a perk for investing in the company, regardless of where the Marriott is, that is what they pay... Amazing if you ask me, but they did take a big risk with a lot of money for the time.... I think the JW in Orlando is up to 350.00 a night now... would love to only pay 7.00 dollar for that LOL
    Here's what I told my sis - At her rate of $39 per night x 31 days in a month = that comes out to about $1200 per month, which is the cost of a typical one bedroom apartment in our area and on the lower end for a 2 bedroom apartment. At that rate for the hotel, with daily maid service, access to their gym, pool & hot tub for free, and a 42" flat screen TV with all the channels, and free high speed Wifi. I asked her if I could liver there but her manager apparently would be ungrateful for my loyalty & dedication to their facilities!