Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    15 minutes of fame and in return a life of misery and pain
    "Life"? How about "eternity"?

Her conversion seems to be based upon her discoveries that Muslims seem to be very contented people, like some sort of New Age cult, and that they are simply misunderstood. Nowhere does she, or indeed anyone on this thread so far, address what she's really done; reject Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the savior, the Messiah, who came and died for our sins.

It is one thing to advocate for people you believe are misunderstood and mistreated for their beliefs. It is also one thing to embrace the spirituality you observe in others, and reject the materialism you see in some others.

BUT!... it is quite another thing altogether to renounce the divinity of Jesus Christ. That's the main basis for the differences between the two religions and she didn't even address it.

As a Roman Catholic I believe heaven awaits for all of those of good will, Christian or not. However, I would imagine she's going to have to do some serious 'splaining when she arrives at the pearly gates. It's one thing if you were not born into Christianity and never had an opportunity to be exposed to it in any serious way in any depth... it's quite another to live your entire life as a Christian and one day declare "I have personally decided that Jesus Christ is not divine. He is not the Son of God."

And for what? For some political points? Because they do some kind of groovy meditation that makes you feel good? For attention?

She's stupid. She rejected Jesus Christ knowing nothing about the Christian faith, and embraced Islam, knowing nothing about that faith, other than she happens to think they're misunderstood in geo-political issues.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    "Life"? How about "eternity"?

Her conversion seems to be based upon her discoveries that Muslims seem to be very contented people, like some sort of New Age cult, and that they are simply misunderstood. Nowhere does she, or indeed anyone on this thread so far, address what she's really done; reject Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the savior, the Messiah, who came and died for our sins.

It is one thing to advocate for people you believe are misunderstood and mistreated for their beliefs. It is also one thing to embrace the spirituality you observe in others, and reject the materialism you see in some others.

BUT!... it is quite another thing altogether to renounce the divinity of Jesus Christ. That's the main basis for the differences between the two religions and she didn't even address it.

As a Roman Catholic I believe heaven awaits for all of those of good will, Christian or not. However, I would imagine she's going to have to do some serious 'splaining when she arrives at the pearly gates. It's one thing if you were not born into Christianity and never had an opportunity to be exposed to it in any serious way in any depth... it's quite another to live your entire life as a Christian and one day declare "I have personally decided that Jesus Christ is not divine. He is not the Son of God."

And for what? For some political points? Because they do some kind of groovy meditation that makes you feel good? For attention?

She's stupid. She rejected Jesus Christ knowing nothing about the Christian faith, and embraced Islam, knowing nothing about that faith, other than she happens to think they're misunderstood in geo-political issues.
    same here, we think that it's stupid to think of Jesus as the son of GOD, we believe that GOD have no sons, and Jesus (peace be upon him) was a messenger from god.

simply, you think that we are stupid for rejecting the divinity of Jesus, and we think that it's stupid to believe in the divinity of any human in the first place.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The trinity is polytheism!

It also makes no sense. God has a son and his son is also God? That is a classic example of a Paradox

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    same here, we think that it's stupid to think of Jesus as the son of GOD, we believe that GOD have no sons, and Jesus (peace be upon him) was a messenger from god.

simply, you think that we are stupid for rejecting the divinity of Jesus, and we think that it's stupid to believe in the divinity of any human in the first place.

My point was, ignored as expected, that she switched faiths without citing any scriptural or doctrinal reasons related to either faith. She's obviously not a religious person and clearly views conversion as more of a political and social decision.

Moving on, if Jesus is a just a messenger from God and another prophet like Mohammad, why don't you all run around sawing off heads and stoning to death those who insult the "Prophet Jesus"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post

It also makes no sense. God has a son and his son is also God? That is a classic example of a Paradox
    Islam is paganism. You deify Mohammad, a human being, who you admit is just a human being.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My God created everything, can assume any form, and is not limited by the imaginations of man.

Your god obviously has limitations.

My God is better than your god.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My point was, ignored as expected, that she switched faiths without citing any scriptural or doctrinal reasons related to either faith. She's obviously not a religious person and clearly views conversion as more of a political and social decision.

Moving on, if Jesus is a just a messenger from God and another prophet like Mohammad, why don't you all run around sawing off heads and stoning to death those who insult the "Prophet Jesus"?
    We don't all run around sawing heads or stoning people, or there would be a hell of a lot less people around. There are a billion and a half of us you know.

Islam is paganism. You deify Mohammad, a human being, who you admit is just a human being.
    We do not deify Mohamed (saw) at all! We acknowledge his Prophethood as those who came before him, and we love him for it, but we do not worship him, nor do we call on him or any other people like Mariam (as) as intermediaries between us and God. We pray directly to God that's all.

My God created everything, can assume any form, and is not limited by the imaginations of man.

Your god obviously has limitations.

My God is better than your god.
    There goes your polytheism again. There is only ONE God.

Have you heard the Islamic declaration of Faith? This is what everyone states when they become a Muslim. It also forms a part of our daily prayers.

Maybe this can create some understanding between us.

اشهد ان لا اله الا الله
    I declare that there is only one God.

و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله
    And that Mohamed is his Messenger

We believe in one all powerful and all knowing God who has nor needs no partners or sons. We do not worship any of the messengers or Prophets however we love them for their sacrifices and their strength in delivering God's message to us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We don't all run around sawing heads or stoning people, or there would be a hell of a lot less people around. There are a billion and a half of us you know.
    Certainly moreso than Christians or Jews. And you didn't answer the question; why do you only saw heads off in the name of one prophet and not all of them? If I said "Elijah had cooties" would you saw off my head?

We do not deify Mohamed (saw) at all! We acknowledge his Prophethood as those who came before him, and we love him for it, but we do not worship him, nor do we call on him or any other people like Mariam (as) as intermediaries between us and God. We pray directly to God that's all.
    Yes, you do deify Mohammad. That's why waves of Muslims take to the streets screaming "BLASPEHMY" about silly things like newspaper cartoons.

It's not possible to blaspheme against a mere man, is it?

Also, worshiping two deities makes you a polytheistic faith.

One God, who can take any form He pleases. At least *MY* God can. And the Trinity does not cite three Gods, it cites one God taking three forms.
    Last edited by taft2012; 09-07-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Not only just a human being, but a "man" who married a 6 year old girl and a "man" that was also a pedophile and had sex with a 9 year old girl. Muslims want to avoid that part of Muhammed, or deny it, or try to explain it away based on the difference in times. But in the end, a pedophile is a pedophile.

Also, if things were different back then - then how come when I bring up CURRENT atrocities and abuses committed by muslims, I am continually met with comparisons of what Christians did centuries ago or perhaps longer? Amazing how muslims decide to forget some things and not others. Deny certain things happen but not others. Make excuses for some things but not others.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Have you heard the Islamic declaration of Faith? This is what everyone states when they become a Muslim. It also forms a part of our daily prayers.

Maybe this can create some understanding between us.

اشهد ان لا اله الا الله
    I declare that there is only one God.

و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله
    And that Mohamed is his Messenger

We believe in one all powerful and all knowing God who has nor needs no partners or sons. We do not worship any of the messengers or Prophets however we love them for their sacrifices and their strength in delivering God's message to us.

jafar. Because you say it, and insist it doesn't happen exactly as you claimed above...is a nice excuse. But it doesn't change the actual, recorded facts as witnessed by other Human Beings. No matter what you say, or insist.
    Blowing Smoke up everybody's butt...as you often try to do here. Only exposes you, and others like you who must always present some excuse, reason, or outright lie to hide behind.
    Once again. You cannot, and will not fool us with your self-designed, practiced rhetoric, and semantics that you easily play on those who ALWAYS must believe someone like you....Or...They Lose their Heads.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !