Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Can you prove the koran is not a fabricated document?
    Can you prove the Bible is not a fabricated document? No one can.

I find it ludicrous that we are blaming millions of people for the actions of a small group of loons. But that is just the way the minds of crazy people work. They always need someone to hate.
    And yet you wonder why many black people still hold a grudge against whites.
    But hey, go ahead and hate. It's a basic American freedom.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I give you Rick Recoria:

http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/000307.html

He died, though he'd told repeatedly the powers that be, that it would happen.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Several people warned Clinton about the possibility of an attack. He never listened.
    Some of the same people warned Bush about the possibility of an attack. As late as August. Bush never thought they were "credible."
    Stupid politicians (both parties) are as much to blame for the Sept. 11 attacks as radical Muslims.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Several people warned Clinton about the possibility of an attack. He never listened.
    Some of the same people warned Bush about the possibility of an attack. As late as August. Bush never thought they were "credible."
    Stupid politicians (both parties) are as much to blame for the Sept. 11 attacks as radical Muslims.
    Not like him:http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...a_fact_stewart

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

You are off your gourd . Blame for 9/11 falls square on those that did the deed and those that sanctioned it becaose the Koran justifies it. Guilty parties are the hijackers, radical Islamist leaders and Allah. We can not shoot Allah, the others arent as protected!- They may think they are. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Yes. I worked for the RCJ in Court Funds at the time.
    Just thought I'd reply to this in passing.

Jafar, what a small world it is (.. ask any passing terrorist aeroplane hijacker with a few hours to 'kill' ...).

'RCJ' has to refer to the Royal Courts of Justice, in the Strand, London. Just at the entrance to Fleet Street, at the Aldwych end ... opposite Twinings tea shop (.. their Head Office, by the way .. Twinings has been trading from there for as long as it's existed, going back three hundred years ...). I used to visit it regularly.

On 11th September 2001 I was in Pimlico, as I said. But before working there, I worked in the building opposite Bush House .. at the Aldwych end of Kingsway. If you know that area well, you'll know which building that should be.

If you had been at the RCJ in early 2000, you and I would've been approximately five minutes' walk apart. Who knows ... I might've passed you in the street ...
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Can you prove the Bible is not a fabricated document? No one can.

I find it ludicrous that we are blaming millions of people for the actions of a small group of loons. But that is just the way the minds of crazy people work. They always need someone to hate.
    And yet you wonder why many black people still hold a grudge against whites.
    But hey, go ahead and hate. It's a basic American freedom.
    For your information, Gabby, 'blaming millions of people for the actions of a small group of loons' has ample precedence, and is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Obvious example ... any electorate voting Left-wing politicians into power is ripe for taking the blame for putting those politician 'loons' into a position of doing great harm.

For a Muslim example, one could ponder the example of Mohammed Morsi being elected into power in Egypt, handing Egypt over to the Muslim Brotherhood. Just what the Middle East, and for that matter the wider world, could REALLY do with .. eh ?

As for Islamists more generally, well, they have Islam to draw on for 'inspiration'. We see the result. Jihadist attacks, for example ... such as 9/11 ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    You are off your gourd . Blame for 9/11 falls square on those that did the deed and those that sanctioned it becaose the Koran justifies it. Guilty parties are the hijackers, radical Islamist leaders and Allah. We can not shoot Allah, the others arent as protected!- They may think they are. -Tyr
    Ok I'll bite. What part of the Qur'aan justifies what happened on 9/11?

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Just thought I'd reply to this in passing.

Jafar, what a small world it is (.. ask any passing terrorist aeroplane hijacker with a few hours to 'kill' ...).

'RCJ' has to refer to the Royal Courts of Justice, in the Strand, London. Just at the entrance to Fleet Street, at the Aldwych end ... opposite Twinings tea shop (.. their Head Office, by the way .. Twinings has been trading from there for as long as it's existed, going back three hundred years ...). I used to visit it regularly.

On 11th September 2001 I was in Pimlico, as I said. But before working there, I worked in the building opposite Bush House .. at the Aldwych end of Kingsway. If you know that area well, you'll know which building that should be.

If you had been at the RCJ in early 2000, you and I would've been approximately five minutes' walk apart. Who knows ... I might've passed you in the street ...
    Small world indeed!

The Court Funds Office was (is still?) on Kingsway near Holborn so it is likely we may have walked past each other! I remember watching an eclipse in Lincoln's Inn at the back of our office around that time. Maybe you were there? Some of my colleagues used to go to "The George" for liquid lunch. I just went there for the awesome chips and the company

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Ok I'll bite. What part of the Qur'aan justifies what happened on 9/11?

Small world indeed!

The Court Funds Office was (is still?) on Kingsway near Holborn so it is likely we may have walked past each other! I remember watching an eclipse in Lincoln's Inn at the back of our office around that time. Maybe you were there? Some of my colleagues used to go to "The George" for liquid lunch. I just went there for the awesome chips and the company
    Even more interesting !

I wasn't aware of a Court Funds Office where you say it was, but then, I'm sure I could've easily walked past it without noticing. Unless .. was it located where the old Public Trustee Office used to be ? Presumably not Alexandra House, though, on the other side of the road ? [My thinking was that you had an office within the large Court building in the Strand.]

I WAS in that area when the eclipse happened (August 1999). A substantial number of our people walked the short distance across the Aldwych to Temple Tube station, and beyond it, to reach the Victoria Embankment. It was from there that we watched the eclipse .. joining a large crowd of people already there, staring across the Thames to see the effect there. The eclipse was only total from Cornwall (within the UK), though as you'll remember, it was nonetheless NEAR total. I remember it well.

'The George' (local name for it), otherwise the George IV pub, at the back of Portugal Street, I think. Yes, I recall strolling to it from the vicinity of the Old Curiosity Shop. I've been there something like 25-30 times. Just possibly you were there when I was, & might've been seated yards away from me ? That was the pub where I was introduced to a deceptively alcoholic lager-like drink called 'Snakebite' one lunchtime. I was quite literally 'legless' for much of the afternoon after just 2 pints of it .. walking became a near-impossibility ...

A small world, indeed ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Even more interesting !

I wasn't aware of a Court Funds Office where you say it was, but then, I'm sure I could've easily walked past it without noticing. Unless .. was it located where the old Public Trustee Office used to be ? Presumably not Alexandra House, though, on the other side of the road ? [My thinking was that you had an office within the large Court building in the Strand.]

I WAS in that area when the eclipse happened (August 1999). A substantial number of our people walked the short distance across the Aldwych to Temple Tube station, and beyond it, to reach the Victoria Embankment. It was from there that we watched the eclipse .. joining a large crowd of people already there, staring across the Thames to see the effect there. The eclipse was only total from Cornwall (within the UK), though as you'll remember, it was nonetheless NEAR total. I remember it well.

'The George' (local name for it), otherwise the George IV pub, at the back of Portugal Street, I think. Yes, I recall strolling to it from the vicinity of the Old Curiosity Shop. I've been there something like 25-30 times. Just possibly you were there when I was, & might've been seated yards away from me ? That was the pub where I was introduced to a deceptively alcoholic lager-like drink called 'Snakebite' one lunchtime. I was quite literally 'legless' for much of the afternoon after just 2 pints of it .. walking became a near-impossibility ...

A small world, indeed ...
    Small world indeed , you two having been yards apart in London. Now worlds apart posting here. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Small world indeed , you two having been yards apart in London. Now worlds apart posting here. --Tyr
    Never a truer word 'spoken' .. !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Never a truer word 'spoken' .. !!
    Here is the rub as I see it. Jafar is a likeable fellow. Undoubtably believes in his religion and quite likely sincerely posts his beliefs about his religion. That can be on one scale admirable but that scale does not join to tip the other scale were the measure of his words are weighed for truth and facts. In short he may be sincere, intelligent but neither prove his point of view on Islam is correct. For to me it clearly proves his blindness , a blindness that the religion itself not only promotes but actually commands!
    Perhaps he will post on this too further explain his point of view.
    He is worlds apart from my stand on Islam and its many faults just as he is on yours..
    One may respect his sincerity without doing the same for his blindness.-Tyr