Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I've found that most of those who think its fraudulent haven't really understood it.

Read the Book of Mormon sometime. It may surprise you. I've met plenty of people who have read it in an attempt to disprove it that ended up being converted by the power of the Spirit. There is power in the book.
    I keep asking, why do a few Christians, note it is but a few, that make it a habit of running down my church. I don't waste my time running down their church.

We are so secure in our faith that we can even attend other churches and are told that to compare is right.

I see it this way. A true Christian has no time to be running down my church.

And I have compared. I have also gone to denomination churches. I have attended non demonination churches that seem to not bother the other guy at all.

We don't have paid bands performing. We don't hire our leaders. We don't pay the pastor to do what he does.

We are very involved in family welfare. We of all churches make sure our members don't go hungry.

Take Katrina for instance. As a church we rushed aid to those victims. It did not matter what religion they were, we assisted them. How you ask? A family that lost everything needed to be fed. We fed them. We clothed them. We assisted them in many other ways.

I think it is bizarre to run down a church that does the public so much good.

Romney has done a lot for many people and does it not only in his public life, but in his private life. He hits home runs. Can Obama bunt yet?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Name one example. There are different TRANSLATIONS of the bible, but Christians don't CHANGE the bible.

(hence why most of us read a few diffrent versions of a verse to get a closer idea to what it means)
    Where does God say He can't change something? Where does He say He can't clarify the scriptures? Or provide more information and enlightenment?

A silent God is unbiblical.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Anyone discussing Christianity, the Bible, or anything else related to your SO-CALLED "requirements". Are just wasting your time.

There are NO requirements to be a Christian. Either you are, or your aren't. And no Christian has any need to defend, or explain anything to anyone who feels they must question, or determine what the requirements are.

If you try to do that. Try this. How bout a discussion about the "requirements" to be an Atheist????
    Then why did Christ say:

śNot every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:21-23)
    I'm curious what you say to that.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    I keep asking, why do a few Christians, note it is but a few, that make it a habit of running down my church. I don't waste my time running down their church.

We are so secure in our faith that we can even attend other churches and are told that to compare is right.

I see it this way. A true Christian has no time to be running down my church.

And I have compared. I have also gone to denomination churches. I have attended non demonination churches that seem to not bother the other guy at all.

We don't have paid bands performing. We don't hire our leaders. We don't pay the pastor to do what he does.

We are very involved in family welfare. We of all churches make sure our members don't go hungry.

Take Katrina for instance. As a church we rushed aid to those victims. It did not matter what religion they were, we assisted them. How you ask? A family that lost everything needed to be fed. We fed them. We clothed them. We assisted them in many other ways.

I think it is bizarre to run down a church that does the public so much good.

Romney has done a lot for many people and does it not only in his public life, but in his private life. He hits home runs. Can Obama bunt yet?
    I am not going to make a determination who is or isnt a true Christian. I'll leave that up to God. I would like to think that they are concerned about the salvation of souls, much as we are.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, allow me to try to write this out better.

I don't agree with Mormons asossiating themselves with Christians because they're not Christian. The separate denominations of Christianity are just different interpretations of the bible. Whereas Mormons have changed the Bible, just as Muslims have changed the Bible.
    Same as Christians added to the old testament, so that we're not considered Jewish either.

So no, they've changed so much in the bible that it's not the bible anymore. It's nowhere near a denomination of anything. It's its own separate religion.
    Cadet, you know virtually nothing about my church. I speak of the Christian Church that includes Jesus in the name.

It is not the MORMON church since that is only slang.

The actual name is this. THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS.
    We love Jesus. As to your claim about the Bible, let me ask this.

Christians follow Jesus. The Jews don't follow Jesus.

So, why do you use their book? Don't you think that once Jesus died, the Jews fussed that we Christians used our book? The New Testament is the Bible of Christians.

The Book of Mormon is not part of the New Testament thus we did not change the Christian Bible.

The book we also add, like you add the Old Testament in your Bible simply has more detail starting in the Old Testament and expands to the area called North America.

Before so called Christians examine our cupboard, let them examine their own first.

When you include the OT, you have added to the Christian Bible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not going to make a determination who is or isnt a true Christian. I'll leave that up to God. I would like to think that they are concerned about the salvation of souls, much as we are.
    Why would you suppose my church would not try to help save humans who have souls? We do a lot for all of humanity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, allow me to try to write this out better.

I don't agree with Mormons asossiating themselves with Christians because they're not Christian. The separate denominations of Christianity are just different interpretations of the bible. Whereas Mormons have changed the Bible, just as Muslims have changed the Bible.
    Same as Christians added to the old testament, so that we're not considered Jewish either.

So no, they've changed so much in the bible that it's not the bible anymore. It's nowhere near a denomination of anything. It's its own separate religion.
    Were that true
    it would shock the worlds LDS since we always carry the OT/NT with us to church. We avidly study the OT and NT. We love Jesus to the point his name is in the name of our Church.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not really sure where you are going here. God and Jesus did visit Joseph. Christ also appeared before Joseph and Oliver in the Kirtland Temple when the Keys of the Priesthood were restored. There are also accounts of the Father and the Son Appearing to the School of the Prophets. If you read the new Lorenzo Snow manual the Church will be using for Priesthood/Relief Society next year, you will also read an account of Christ appearing to him as well.

Also, this life is a period of repentence for a reason. There is always time to repent.
    I, having been raised in the LDS church can't recall the part where you claim GOD and Jesus did visit. If this is true, I have to get back to Church since I can't recall ever hearing about that. I know about the restoration of the Priesthood but am not aware of the event you mention at Kirtland.

I shall do what I can do to get caught up. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Were that true
    it would shock the worlds LDS since we always carry the OT/NT with us to church. We avidly study the OT and NT. We love Jesus to the point his name is in the name of our Church.
    Robert. It seems cadet is much younger, less experienced, and less knowledgeable about such topics.

That is what most every Human being experiences during their lifetime. Not unusual. But sometimes. It takes much longer for the reality to take hold, and that comes with experience, wisdom, and general common sense.

Like we hear many young people declare. And as many of us once declared. They are here to straighten everyone else out as to the ways of life because of their young minds, and their intent to demand Only they can be correct, all the time.

I remember back in the 70's, when I was in my twenties, when I personally declared that "Anyone over 30, has no idea what they are talking about!"

Sad thing we all learn...much later is. WE are now those people OVER 30 who have no idea what those under 30 are talking about. And we can all happily laugh at them. REMINDING them....they will eventually be JUST LIKE US.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default By Noir

this is my issue. that, and a guy had comandments that disapeared after he got them? and only he could read them?
    Say, has anybody found the TEN COMMANDMENTS yet?

You forget that Joseph Smith translated with adult witnesses watching him do it.

Why do you waste your time attacking our beliefs?

Science has learned there probably are millions of planets. Why would you be worried if some of us got a planet?

Most will end up on a planet. All planets probably will have leadership. Even our church has leaders. I add they don't get paid for their work that I am aware of. I know the Bishops don't get paid. My father served in the Bishopric. I know he got no pay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Were that true
    Do Mormons accept that Jesus is the Saviour of all mankind? That he is the Son of God and only thru him may a person receive Salvation? If yes then they are Christians if answer is no then they are not. Just that simple.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Robert. It seems cadet is much younger, less experienced, and less knowledgeable about such topics.

That is what most every Human being experiences during their lifetime. Not unusual. But sometimes. It takes much longer for the reality to take hold, and that comes with experience, wisdom, and general common sense.

Like we hear many young people declare. And as many of us once declared. They are here to straighten everyone else out as to the ways of life because of their young minds, and their intent to demand Only they can be correct, all the time.

I remember back in the 70's, when I was in my twenties, when I personally declared that "Anyone over 30, has no idea what they are talking about!"

Sad thing we all learn...much later is. WE are now those people OVER 30 who have no idea what those under 30 are talking about. And we can all happily laugh at them. REMINDING them....they will eventually be JUST LIKE US.
    By the late summer of 1958, I was in my 20s and of course by 1968 I was out.

To be frank here, I at no time saw the older people as having less wisdom than I had. But I realize that by the 70s and later, it was far easier to see the older in the way you say. Even when I was a teen I am sure some of my peers figured they knew it all. I have no clue why they thought that way.

I feel sorry for the current crop of wise acres since later they will be amazed at what they don't know and that when they do finally know, they will look back in the rear view of history and be ashamed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Do Mormons accept that Jesus is the Saviour of all mankind? That he is the Son of God and only thru him may a person receive Salvation? If yes then they are Christians if answer is no then they are not. Just that simple.
    YES. I am happy to make it that simple for you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

By the late summer of 1958, I was in my 20s and of course by 1968 I was out.

To be frank here, I at no time saw the older people as having less wisdom than I had. But I realize that by the 70s and later, it was far easier to see the older in the way you say. Even when I was a teen I am sure some of my peers figured they knew it all. I have no clue why they thought that way.

I feel sorry for the current crop of wise acres since later they will be amazed at what they don't know and that when they do finally know, they will look back in the rear view of history and be ashamed.
    I disagree with the looking back part. The current wiseacres are to stupid to ever look back. You are thinking of your and my generations with that line of thought IMHO. THOSE SO ENLIGHTENED IN LIBERAL STUPIDITY ARE FAR , FAR LESS LIKELY TO EVER LOOK BACK. They are far too busy scheming how to defeat the truth and reality in order to destroy what is right so as to replace it with their insane fantasy of a socialistic paradise. This is in sanity is being taught in our public schools and colleges.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

YES. I am happy to make it that simple for you.
    Right happy that you are happy..---Tyr