Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
I don't want to die because there are people who care about and depend on me here. If I were dead they would be sad--I wouldn't want that for them. Not to mention the fact that I actually enjoy life. Why would I want that to end? Because of some half-baked fantasy about an all-you-can eat buffet in the sky? Please

I care about the future of humanity because I think we will eventually get IT right. I have faith that one day humanity will reach a point where suffering no longer exists. Life is a beautiful thing. Why would anyone want to see humanity's potential snuffed out regardless of whether or not they believe in abstractions like a deity or an afterlife?
If you didn't have anyone dependant on you, why would you care about self-preservation?

Where does your "faith" come from? Additionally - we can see that things progressively get worse not better so your assertion that somehow failable humans will get it right is misguided..

You are right, however, Humanity will one day again live in a perfect world - after the Son of God returns and establishes his kingdom and gets rid of a sinful earth once and for all..