Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default Super Bowl commercial

What did you think of the GoDaddy kissing commercial with the model and the chubby guy?

Besides the fact that it was messy and slurpy and went on for a long time, did the disparity in their looks make anyone uncomfortable?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    What did you think of the GoDaddy kissing commercial with the model and the chubby guy?

Besides the fact that it was messy and slurpy and went on for a long time, did the disparity in their looks make anyone uncomfortable?

YUCK! YUCK!! AAAAAaaaaaaacccccccccccKKKKKK!! I hated it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yuk! But Bar Rafaeli is one hot momma!! But the ad was disgusting and I'm saddened she allowed herself to be used in such a manner.

The best ad by far:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o2prAccclXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Didn't bother me Abbey. In fact. Seeing that disgusting stuff only reminded me of how LOW, and LOUSY our society is, and has become. If people are really entertained with this kind of (PARDON THE EXPRESSION) "shit". Is it any wonder why they are uneducated, easily entertained with cheap talk, and unable to TIE THEIR SHOES????
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I forgiver her for such a foul ad that made me squirm. I think that's because I love her, or lust her.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And here's the ad in question, the GoDaddy ad:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o-3j4-4N3Ng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Best one I saw was the tide "miracle stain." It wasnt the funniest, but by far the most engaging. By bridging the enamoration with football and oddities into almost cult-like significance--It encompassed so many different social tendencies, all targeted to the specific audience. The blatant depth of audience appeal was unmatched imo. Exemplary! Marketing mastery. I could go on and on,
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Best one I saw was the tide "miracle stain." It wasnt the funniest, but by far the most engaging. By bridging the enamoration with football and oddities into almost cult-like significance--It encompassed so many different social tendencies, all targeted to the specific audience. The blatant depth of audience appeal was unmatched imo. Exemplary! Marketing mastery. I could go on and on,
    I didn't see it, but just watched it now, that was good!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YoOfBVraMNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I didn't see it, but just watched it now, that was good!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YoOfBVraMNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    It managed to cover the dynamic between men and women, football obsession and rivalry, team loyalties and the players that form them, and social/ media hype in general--- all while directly plugging your product and its quality and the exact show your watching. Plus, you have to consider that they had to come up with it in the last two weeks. If there's an award for advertisers, this is deserving.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And here's the ad in question, the GoDaddy ad:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o-3j4-4N3Ng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    That made me feel a little bit sick.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

If tailfins had directed that commercial, Bar Rafaeli would have brought the geeky guy a beer and some fuzzy slippers before going back to finish dinner.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

did the disparity in their looks make anyone uncomfortable?
    seriously?.....are you going on record as saying there is no hope for ugly people......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

My husband was an overweight, average looking nerdy guy when he was in high school. I was his first date, when he was in 12th grade. He shied away from girls because they laughed at him. A lot of guys laughed at him as well.
    My husband had the last laugh. He went to college on full scholarship, landed a big bucks job and married a total babe.

Can't comment on the Super Bowl commercials because I didn't watch the game.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    My husband was an overweight, average looking nerdy guy when he was in high school. I was his first date, when he was in 12th grade. He shied away from girls because they laughed at him. A lot of guys laughed at him as well.
    My husband had the last laugh. He went to college on full scholarship, landed a big bucks job and married a total babe.

Can't comment on the Super Bowl commercials because I didn't watch the game.
    You can comment on them, as the most talked about ones are right in this thread. I can't believe no on commented on the beautiful horse and his owner.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought that she kissed a pig and he kissed a woman with no taste in men.
    I thought he hit a home run and got to kiss a hot chick.

To kiss that way, they should have chosen a more comfortable setting.

I admit to cringing.