Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

Student: God answers all prayers. Sometimes, the answer is No.

Sometimes he even does nothing, or says nothing in order to get humans to think, and find whatever faith they have, or don't have.

God is only good to those who believe. All others pay cash.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That was a great read and I wish I were there.

As for the bad stuff, it is there to test our faith is it not?
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

The great thing about the prayer argument, is that you can take two different people, who believe and pray to totally different gods, and both will give the same generic answer when asked about prayer, and both will be convinced that its proof of their theology being the 'true' one.

Its a shame we don't have say 5 different people with different religions in the thread, each one saying 'Well sometimes my god says yes, but sometimes he says no' and waiting to see how long it takes for the penny to drop.
    Last edited by Noir; 03-23-2013 at 04:27 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    The great thing about the prayer argument, is that you can take two different people, who believe and pray to totally different gods, and both will give the same generic answer when asked about prayer, and both will be convinced that its proof of their theology being the 'true' one.

Its a shame we don't have say 5 different people with different religions in the thread, each one saying 'Well sometimes my god says yes, but sometimes he says no' and waiting to see how long it takes for the penny to drop.
    Maybe so, but this interaction was based on 'faith', and therefore should/would be the same regardless of which religion.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Maybe so, but this interaction was based on 'faith', and therefore should/would be the same regardless of which religion.
    What blows my mind is these types quicly rush to fund an operation that makes war. They rush to fund operations taking over their lives. But if you suggest they believe in GOD, they go nuts.