Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I don't have as much of an issue with them wanting to debate the issue, or not wanting to fund something they disagree with, but their attempt to spread their venom against anything Bush decides is what is wrong. That's what Washington is for. And all is fine and dandy with them letting the American people know they disagree, but it can be done without trying to make a mockery, which is what emboldens the enemy.

By them, I don't mean ALL dems, but the likes of Pelosi, Clinton and a few other windbags.
    You have to understand that to me it is clear that Bush's judgment has been proven flawed. There is no reason to trust it. I mean, if you agree with him, that's certainly a decision you can make, but as far as I'm concerned, and most of the country, apparently, he has mishandled the entire mission. Letting him throw more lives on the line is pointless to a good many of us.

And, I think I also need to say, at least from my own perspective, I gave Bush every opportunity to succeed. I rooted for him after 9/11 because I wanted him to succeed. The fact of the matter is, in my view, of course, he's squandered our good will, our best and bravest and our financial security. I think every possible check on his, heretofore, unfettered power is absolutely appropriate.

And that isn't "Bush bashing", it's a simple conclusion that *I've* drawn over these past six years.

I have no problem with discussion, but as I see it, every statement that Bush and his folk make seeks to discourage any discussion by saying it "endangers the troops" or somesuch.

I also hate to say it, but with an approval rating as low as Nixon's was when he was forced to resign, Bush has pretty much lost the good will of the public and many DO see him as an incompetent. And seems that anytime anyone comes out against him and his failed policies, they're labeled "lib" or "crazy" or "leftie" or some other ridiculousness by the right. And while I do think the dialogue is garbage right now because the country is so divided, I think that's a long time coming... going back to Newt's Contract on America. I also think that if the right were truly concerned with perception of our chief executive and his power in the world, they wouldn't have spent eight years investigating a very popular president and undermining him at every turn. Just how I see it, Jim. I also know you don't agree and that's fine.
    Last edited by jillian; 01-26-2007 at 07:54 PM.