Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    The thickness of my skin is just fine thanks.

What I take exception to is somebody who I'm fairly sure has a high level of intelligence repeatedly descending to the level of childish insults when all I've done is express an opinion.

I'm not saying that you have to agree with me or most of the other 95% of the world's population. Your views are, well, your views.

Bulldog.
    No, I'm calling you a jackass, which you are, for stating factually false statements, such as the statement that one can be accused of terror without being called a terrorist.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    No, I'm calling you a jackass, which you are, for stating factually false statements, such as the statement that one can be accused of terror without being called a terrorist.
    I believe that you've watched the video in its entirety, but I don't believe that you've actually 'seen' it.

I sat and watched it intently with a pen and notepad to hand specifically for the purpose of making a mark every time Rosie specifically named your troops as being terrorists. The page remains blank.

I experience terror at my local fairground. That doesn't make the guys who run the rides "terrorists".

I think I may now understand why non-Americans don't visit this forum very often. The vast majority of the members around here don't want to hear what the rest of the world thinks, even if it is put over in a polite and constructive manner.

Bulldog.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I may now understand why non-Americans don't visit this forum very often. The vast majority of the members around here don't want to hear what the rest of the world thinks, even if it is put over in a polite and constructive manner.

Bulldog.
    There are plenty of us reading what you have to say...

Myself, I haven't seen anyone be rude in their response to you..

You see her saying things one way, and other's see it differently..That happens..

Buck up, buttercup.
    Last edited by stephanie; 05-21-2007 at 02:26 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe that you've watched the video in its entirety, but I don't believe that you've actually 'seen' it.
    Oh please, that sounds like something out of one of those boring scenes in the Matrix II & III that I wish I'd slept through. "But you already know the answer. You're looking for the question..." That pseudo-philisophical crap doesn't work on me. It's not profound, it's just stupid.

I sat and watched it intently with a pen and notepad to hand specifically for the purpose of making a mark every time Rosie specifically named your troops as being terrorists. The page remains blank.
    Once again, I'd like to remind you that words have meaning, and accusing somebody of terrorism is the exact equivalent of calling that person a terrorist.

I experience terror at my local fairground. That doesn't make the guys who run the rides "terrorists".
    Fear, yes, but I doubt terror. Even if you do experience terror (wuss), it's not the kind of terror fatass there is talking about. She's talking about terrorism, which isn't the same as being afraid of the clown at the fairground.

Bulldog.
    Plenty of non-Americans visit this board, and they're a lot smarter and more polite than you are. Your bottom line is, "I'm always right and anybody who doesn't agree with me just doesn't understand what I'm saying." It's not only arrogant, it's condescending.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    There are plenty of us reading what you have to say...

Myself, I haven't seen anyone be rude in their response to you..

You see her saying things one way, and other's see it differently..That happens..

Buck up, buttercup.
    Thanks.

Exactly! I'm not arguing with anybody. I'm just defending my views and being sworn at for it.

Bulldog.
    Last edited by Bulldog; 05-21-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bulldog.
    No here's the deal, Bulldog. You and someone else were joking about "Proper English" vs "American English" just a few days ago, right? Will, in "American English" she did call the soldiers terrorist. Maybe not for you in the "Kings English" but she damn sure did for us in "American English". Oh, it is her language BTW and she knows exactly what she said.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    No here's the deal, Bulldog. You and someone else were joking about "Proper English" vs "American English" just a few days ago, right? Will, in "American English" she did call the soldiers terrorist. Maybe not for you in the "Kings English" but she damn sure did for us in "American English". Oh, it is her language BTW and she knows exactly what she said.
    Ok. Point taken. Thanks for the civil reply.

Bulldog.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

BD...

First of all, the commentators on the video clip are from MSNBC, which is quite liberal, not conservative. In fact, if you listen to some of the comments made by the commentators, they emphasize that they are against the war in Iraq. In spite of that, most of them are quite appalled at Rosie O'Donnell's comments.

Secondly, the 600,000 deaths myth is often repeated and not supported by evidence. The number is probably less than 100,000 and most of those deaths were not caused by coalition forces but by the insurgency.

Thirdly, I have to wonder why 100,000 deaths after the fall of Saddam Hussein have more weight than the 1,000,000 plus deaths committed by Saddam Hussein's regime?

Fourthly, anyone who has followed Rosie O'Donnell's long string of exaggerations, misstatements, outright lies and unsubstantiated accusations and claims knows that it is safe to assume that the claims she is a loud mouth, belligerent ignoramus are very close to the truth. She never has once offered any type of evidence for the claims she has made in the past.

Fifthly, the British didn't seem to worry about world opinion when they fought the Argentines in the Falkland Islands. I also don't seem to remember the Chinese getting too worried about world opinion when they invaded Tibet. Come to think of it, I don't think the French worried too much about world opinion during their war against the Algerians. Now that I think of it, the Russians aren't too worried about world opinion in their suppression of the Chechen resistance, their interference with the Ukrainian elections.... Gee, come to think of it, the Iranians aren't too worried about world opinion when it comes to building those "nuclear power plants", especially when they plan to place them on top of long range missiles and direct them at Israel. Silly me, it seems that world opinion doesn't mean much to Pakistan and India in their dispute over the Kashmir. Oh yes, and Syria, they don't seem to give a damn about world opinion when they sponsor Hamas to interfere in the government of Lebanon. Oh, and Hugo Chavez doesn't seem too worried about world opinion, nor does Kim Jong Il or Fidel Castro....

But when the Yanks take it upon themselves to enforce United Nations resolutions, free an oppressed people, arrest a tyrant for crimes against humanity THEN world opinion matters.

It's a good thing for you and your fellow Brits BD that FDR didn't worry about world opinion when the Nazis were bombing your cities and attempting to sink every convoy from the United States to Britain!
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that's what I call a well structured reply!

I'm beginning to see the picture from your angle now.

Bulldog.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    BD...

First of all, the commentators on the video clip are from MSNBC, which is quite liberal, not conservative. In fact, if you listen to some of the comments made by the commentators, they emphasize that they are against the war in Iraq. In spite of that, most of them are quite appalled at Rosie O'Donnell's comments.

Secondly, the 600,000 deaths myth is often repeated and not supported by evidence. The number is probably less than 100,000 and most of those deaths were not caused by coalition forces but by the insurgency.

Thirdly, I have to wonder why 100,000 deaths after the fall of Saddam Hussein have more weight than the 1,000,000 plus deaths committed by Saddam Hussein's regime?

Fourthly, anyone who has followed Rosie O'Donnell's long string of exaggerations, misstatements, outright lies and unsubstantiated accusations and claims knows that it is safe to assume that the claims she is a loud mouth, belligerent ignoramus are very close to the truth. She never has once offered any type of evidence for the claims she has made in the past.

Fifthly, the British didn't seem to worry about world opinion when they fought the Argentines in the Falkland Islands. I also don't seem to remember the Chinese getting too worried about world opinion when they invaded Tibet. Come to think of it, I don't think the French worried too much about world opinion during their war against the Algerians. Now that I think of it, the Russians aren't too worried about world opinion in their suppression of the Chechen resistance, their interference with the Ukrainian elections.... Gee, come to think of it, the Iranians aren't too worried about world opinion when it comes to building those "nuclear power plants", especially when they plan to place them on top of long range missiles and direct them at Israel. Silly me, it seems that world opinion doesn't mean much to Pakistan and India in their dispute over the Kashmir. Oh yes, and Syria, they don't seem to give a damn about world opinion when they sponsor Hamas to interfere in the government of Lebanon. Oh, and Hugo Chavez doesn't seem too worried about world opinion, nor does Kim Jong Il or Fidel Castro....

But when the Yanks take it upon themselves to enforce United Nations resolutions, free an oppressed people, arrest a tyrant for crimes against humanity THEN world opinion matters.

It's a good thing for you and your fellow Brits BD that FDR didn't worry about world opinion when the Nazis were bombing your cities and attempting to sink every convoy from the United States to Britain!

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    What she said! And a
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?