Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    The nypd is using criminal profiling, those who commit crimes just happen to be African American.
    http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19084229

To me this logic is inherently the same "liberal" justification you despise in many other aspects of policy, be it sodas, lunch menus, gasoline prices or environmental regulations. It seems the only difference upon whether you take issue is if you personally affected, then it's a liberal conspiracy; otherwise, it's just whining libs.
    and as I just posted

Leve it to libs with the crime rate in NYC falling like a stone - to want to step in and "F" everything up

Bleeding hearts will stand back and make excuses over the bleeding bodies

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    and as I just posted

Leve it to libs with the crime rate in NYC falling like a stone - to want to step in and "F" everything up

Bleeding hearts will stand back and make excuses over the bleeding bodies
    Safety and environmental regs save lives too. I've yet to see you defend those.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Safety and environmental regs save lives too. I've yet to see you defend those.
    Nice dodge LR

I have no doubt you are a lover of Obama's Regulation Nation even those that strip property rights away from the land owners (not to mention the thousands of pages of regs for Obamacare)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This is really amazing. The crime rate in NYC has dropped like a rock over the last 15 years, and now the bleeding hearts want to make it easier for the criminals to commit crimes
    The crime rate has dropped across America and the majority of major metros; not all (and likely few) have near draconian gun laws and stop and frisk laws that target minorities. Is that what you're advocating?
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The crime rate has dropped across America and the majority of major metros; not all (and likely few) have near draconian gun laws and stop and frisk laws that target minorities. Is that what you're advocating?
    "Draconian gun laws" increase crime by making law abiding citizens defenseless. The criminals know this

Has it ever occurred to you LR that perhaps the minorities are the ones committing the crimes, so the Police will logically "target" them?

It is the bleeding hearts like you that make TSA officials pull the 80 year old grandmother out of line and not the 25 year old Muslim male for a closer look before they board the airplane
    Last edited by red states rule; 05-13-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nice dodge LR

I have no doubt you are a lover of Obama's Regulation Nation even those that strip property rights away from the land owners (not to mention the thousands of pages of regs for Obamacare)
    What did I dodge? I pointed out the similarity in the logic between your support of stop and frisk and the "liberal do-good-ers"...it's you that dodged it, stipulating that libs are undermining government solving a public threat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What did I dodge? I pointed out the similarity in the logic between your support of stop and frisk and the "liberal do-good-ers"...it's you that dodged it, stipulating that libs are undermining government solving a public threat.
    You are following Obama's second term slogan

Hope and change the subject

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"Draconian gun laws" increase crime by making law abiding citizens defenseless. The criminals know this
    That doesn't explain New york's crime rates "dropping like a rock" now does it?

Has it ever occurred to you LR that perhaps the minorities are the ones committing the crimes, so the Police will logically "target" them?
    Hmmmm
    The nypd is using criminal profiling, those who commit crimes just happen to be African American.
    I should have added Hispanic, but you might try reading my posts before forming an response. Not just assuming that you know my position.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cue the ad hominem attack:
    You are following Obama's second term slogan

Hope and change the subject
    ...yet another dodge of my pointing out your hypocrisy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That doesn't explain New york's crime rates "dropping like a rock" now does it?

Hmmmm
    I should have added Hispanic, but you might try reading my posts before forming an response. Not just assuming that you know my position.
    NYC still has a gun crime problem LR

In a recent radio address, Mayor Bloomberg pointed with pride to the city's relatively low rate of deaths by firearm, which according to a health department report is less than half the national rate. In the speech the mayor said his administration's work against gun violence has included "smart, pro-active policing that makes it much more likely that if you break our city's gun laws, you'll be caught," a reference to the controversial stop, question and frisk program that used 533,042 encounters to get 780 guns in 2012.

But while New York's gun homicide rate does compare favorably to most other big urban areas in the country (it ranks 19th among the 25 most populous cities)—which could reflect the impact of stop-and-frisk, or other law enforcement tactics, gun laws, social dynamics or other factors—the city's firearm homicide rate is identical to the overall national rate.

http://www.citylimits.org/blog/blog/...f#.UZDW4jbn-M8

I know yur position very well LR. Being a liberal you usually side with the liberal do gooder vision of America. The criminal is the victim and the Police are the enemy

And I do read your posts. They provide great comic relief before I head off to work and do my part to support to support your welfare sate

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

NYC still has a gun crime problem LR
    So? Lots of cities have a gun crime problem; but its "dropping like a rock" in NYC, right? Well its dropping in El Paso too. What's the difference between El Paso and NYC? Its not Racial profiling?

I know yur position very well LR. Being a liberal you usually side with the liberal do gooder vision of America. The criminal is the victim and the Police are the enemy
    I believe in America doing good, not bad. I see victimizing people as bad, be it at the hand of criminals or police.
    And I do read your posts. They provide great comic relief before I head off to work and do my part to support to support your welfare sate
    sure you do. That's why you just asked a question that, not only had I just answered, but you actually quoted....
    I don't find comic relief in your willful ignorance that only serves your own selfish ego. Thanks for your tax dollars, since you lack rational thought, it's all you contribute to America.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So? Lots of cities have a gun crime problem; but its "dropping like a rock" in NYC, right? Well its dropping in El Paso too. What's the difference between El Paso and NYC? Its not Racial profiling?

I believe in America doing good, not bad. I see victimizing people as bad, be it at the hand of criminals or police.

sure you do. That's why you just asked a question that, not only had I just answered, but you actually quoted....
    I don't find comic relief in your willful ignorance that only serves your own selfish ego. Thanks for your tax dollars, since you lack rational thought, it's all you contribute to America.
    Once again LR, you show your "tolerant" side when people offer a different opinion

I am surprised you take time out of your day to climb down from your Ivory Tower to associate with us. Perhaps you think you are doing us a favor by sharing your superior knowledge of a very select few topics

Perhaps Texas enforces it laws - especially the death penalty

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Once again LR, you show your "tolerant" side when people offer a different opinion

I am surprised you take time out of your day to climb down from your Ivory Tower to associate with us. Perhaps you think you are doing us a favor by sharing your superior knowledge of a very select few topics

Topics like what, debate?
    Perhaps you should take note instead of devolving into near constant ad hominem attacks whenever your position is challenged.
    El Paso is one of many cities in Texas. Not all had the same decrease; houston even increased.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

red states rule. Logroller can't help it. He flunked out of the Robert school of "I'm smarter than you".
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There not is not this huge monolith of "police" out stopping people willy nilly.

New York City is divided into 76 police precincts. Crime statistics are *EXHAUSTIVELY* analyzed. Who is committing the crimes is studied, along with the types of locations, times, days of the week, methods used, problematic areas of the precinct, age groups, statistics of the victims, etc.

Then, further within those statistical studies, the Department analyzes even deeper the statistics of public housing developments and the subway system. The NYPD has more than enough statistical data to support its actions. However, that does not become part of the discussion because it's rather inconvenient to argue against hard data and successful results. Instead, we're force-fed liberal talking points.

When they see a demographic being targeted for a crime, they initiate a public relations outreach effort to that group to prevent them from being victimized. In theory, that would be considered profiling as well, wouldn't it? Funny we don't hear the liberals and pothead conservatives whining about that.

Hypothetical scenario: Into downtown Flushing, where the population is approximately 99% asian, there is a robbery pattern of a group of young black men robbing residents as they come up to the street out of the subway station.

One evening, two police officers observe a group of young men black men hanging around by a subway exit, not doing much of anything, other than watching people come out of the subway station.

Question to liberals and pothead conservatives: What would you tell the police officers to do in this situation?
    Last edited by taft2012; 05-13-2013 at 06:41 AM.