Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm sorry you disagree with the way the law works, but rarely will the police have evidence tossed into their faces. At times they actually need to do their jobs and investigate calls that come in, and actually take the ones seriously where it is stated that someone is in danger.

Someone refusing to simply answer the door or step out to talk to police, this gives the police caution, as to WHY won't they cooperate. If the person refuses to cooperate with the police, on a DV call, it's not unreasonable for the police to take it seriously and ensure everyone is OK anyway. Not every household has windows, many, many people live in apartments. So if a husband beats his wife, someone hears and calls the police, when they arrive - so long as no blood is on the door and the hubby yells from behind the door that all is ok, they should just leave?

jimnyc: Seems pretty obvious. After reading this thread. How so many members just plain "HATE COPS", and have little, if any respect for the Rule of Law. Unless they control every situation.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Legislating tyranny doesn't make it any less tyrannical.
    Sure, now the police doing their job, and ensuring the well being in a DV situation, now relates to tyranny? LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Look Marcus I've Never called you stupid, your a very sharp guy, and it's not my style.
    but name callin aint logic my friend
    I mean this respectfully, Rev, but placing words in the mouths of others, over and over and over again, isn't a ton better.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Sure, now the police doing their job, and ensuring the well being in a DV situation, now relates to tyranny? LOL

Those who have declared their hatred, and disrespect for the Police are normally...always the very first, and loudest to cry 'Tyrant'. And most of us know. That cry usually takes place when they have broken a law...and been caught.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    The cops would wait outside while some found a judge and presented the evidence and probable cause, then described the house and surrounding area and names of the people in the house. All of that has to be included in the warrant. The warrant then has to be hand delivered back to the officers at the door. It's a very time consuming process that takes hours.
    Cops get paid by the hour.

The officers are not looking to search the house, they want to talk to the people there, who are refusing to cooperate. You don't need a warrant to talk to someone.
    I heard a lot of talking in the video.

Nothing gestapo about it.
    Yeah, I don't think the Gestapo had tazers.
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Calling tyranny a 'job' doesn't make it any less tyrannical.
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Those who have declared their hatred, and disrespect for the Police are normally...always the very first, and loudest to cry 'Tyrant'. And most of us know. That cry usually takes place when they have broken a law...and been caught.

I'm amazed at how many of you so called 'conservatives' are willing to bow down to your tyrannical masters without a fight. We need a new definition for that word.

Conservative = Obedient Pussy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    jimnyc: Seems pretty obvious. After reading this thread. How so many members just plain "HATE COPS", and have little, if any respect for the Rule of Law. Unless they control every situation.
    Quite frankly, I couldn't care less if they hate or even respect the police. But knowing the law is an entire different story. The law doesn't simply change because someone disagrees with it. They can bellyache about "tyranny" and other garbage for the next million years, and it won't matter. The courts have already ruled on things like this, and other reasons for warrantless entry in cases such as this. I can give my opinion supporting it, and others are more than welcome to argue why they disagree with it. But at the end of the day, the law supports my version, and those disagreeing, well, like Gaffer said, they are free to see the law changed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

I'm amazed at how many of you so called 'conservatives' are willing to bow down to your tyrannical masters without a fight. We need a new definition for that word.

Please chill with the filth name calling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Calling tyranny a 'job' doesn't make it any less tyrannical.
    I know, and I'll bet you were a Ron Paul supporter too. Anything from the government or police is tyrannical by nature.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less if they hate or even respect the police. But knowing the law is an entire different story. The law doesn't simply change because someone disagrees with it. They can bellyache about "tyranny" and other garbage for the next million years, and it won't matter. The courts have already ruled on things like this, and other reasons for warrantless entry in cases such as this. I can give my opinion supporting it, and others are more than welcome to argue why they disagree with it. But at the end of the day, the law supports my version, and those disagreeing, well, like Gaffer said, they are free to see the law changed.

The English courts had already ruled against the Founding Fathers and deemed them traitors. Fortunately, it didn't take a million years of 'bellyaching' about tyranny before the FF made some changes. I guess they could have simply said, 'Hey, it's the law. King George is a tyrant but wutaya gonna do?'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know, and I'll bet you were a Ron Paul supporter too. Anything from the government or police is tyrannical by nature.

Deflection. Conjecture. Misdirection. Obfuscation. Off topic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    Did I stutter? No, you're just not very bright I guess.

The police had probable cause to enter. Said cause being the complaint called in.

How do you survive, hating 'the man' so much?
    I bet you stutter more than Mel Tillis.

Last edited by tailfins; 05-17-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Deflection. Conjecture. Misdirection. Obfuscation. Off topic.
    Sure, as I figured.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was in the military. Army and Air Force. I'm a combat veteran. I was also a deputy sheriff. I'm a major conservative and an atheist. I don't trust the federal govt any farther than I can throw them. But I also know that most cops are conservatives and community oriented. They deal with state and local laws. The bad cops are a real minority.

I see you as talking out your ass about things you know nothing about. Rev does it all the time. You see one event without all the facts and make rash hateful decisions. You might want to try stepping back and looking at things from a different angle sometime.

I'm a former cop. Do you hate me?
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.