Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If truly interested, just do searches on "Jerome" or for "Porter" and I have posted tons over the years!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's a cute little feller there! ^^

Yeah, Jerome is aging like that Dos Equis guy, his beard and all are turning a charming gray color! (or did so awhile back!). I'll probably need to be institutionalized when he passes on. He's been with me through thick and thin, bad and good times, living in 3 states, traveling in my truck and car... and has always been loyal and there with them big eyes making me feel better. I have family of course, which he is a part of. As for FRIENDS? He's the best I ever had, human or dog.

I totally get that.
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Awesome! My pug has had an eye surgery (2x) and is now about 99% deaf. He's still my best friend though. Pugs are very unique dogs, and unless you own one or spend a lot of time with one, you may not understand just how loyal, loving and playful they are.

Lemme find a few recent ones of Jerome...

And when he was a young lad, prior to my cat trying to eat his eyeball, he used to steal the cats house!

Damn Jim, I've been following you and Jerome over the years, yes, I even remember when he was 'young.'

So much reminds me of my relationship with 'Taffy,' my Cocker Spaniel from when I was 6 to 18. I got her from my aunt and uncle who'd had her from a pup, for the first 6 years. God, what a great dog! Neurotic as hell, but the family cried for more than a week.

She was the dog that hadn't a problem with everyone going to work/school for hours on end during the week. However, weekends? Unless she came, we'd come home to a poop in the hallway and her turning her back on us for about an hour. Yeah, even from the first when she got a 'whap' with the paper, never paid that a mind.

When she was about 15, my cousin who drove drove me to pick up my brother at country club where he was caddying. Taffy was with us. He made a wide left turn and Taffy flew out the window! Sitting in the middle of 4 lane highway, with her head spinning like in cartoons. She was alright.

She was trained, wouldn't take food off table or anything like that. UNTIL, about 6 months before she died. Mom had made beef roast, set it on counter to set while rare, while we went to church. Mom planned to throw it back in oven when returned. Taffy managed to get chair to roast to floor. Ate 3/4 of it and was sicker than dog. We went out for dinner-reminds me of Christmas Story.

When she died, my mom kept saying, "I'm so glad Taffy had the beef roast and we didn't overly punish her!" LOL! 'overly punish' were my parents mantra.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    She was trained, wouldn't take food off table or anything like that. UNTIL, about 6 months before she died. Mom had made beef roast, set it on counter to set while rare, while we went to church. Mom planned to throw it back in oven when returned. Taffy managed to get chair to roast to floor. Ate 3/4 of it and was sicker than dog. We went out for dinner-reminds me of Christmas Story.
    A roast within stealing distance? Can't blame the pup! LOL My Mom tried to defrost a turkey once, by filling our tub with hot water and letting it soak in there. A few hours later she comes into my room steaming mad, says go look in the bathroom. There was my cat, scared to death of water, standing on the turkey like an island, clawing away at it!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock