View Poll Results: Do you believe in Mandatory Military?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm for Mandatory Military.

13 44.83%
  • I'm against Mandatory Military.

15 51.72%
  • I'm indifferent - what happens is of no consequence to me.

1 3.45%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mandatory government service... good for the Soviets, good for you!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im indifferent, atleast when it comes to the men. I think alot of men would benefit from it. I think requiring the women to be a part of the military is a bad idea. Maybe im just an old fashion type of guy but i dont like the fact that our men have to go out and fight let alone making our women fight too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm against mandatory military service. Conscripts do not make great soldiers. They will do what they have to but they are just putting in the time they are required to do.

The only time a draft should be needed is when there are more troops needed for a war situation than they can posibly get in volunteers. In todays world quanity is not needed. Quality is. You get quality with an all volunteer force and high standards.

People like stripy want manditory service so that there is then a class in the military that can be used as victims of the government. That would be the only purpose for such a program. An all volunteer force eliminates the victim class so they cannot be used.

No draft should ever be enacted unless congress declares war. Not just funding a presidents war, but actually having the balls to declare it. If they can't do that then a draft isn't necessary.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know, that was just me assuming that if something was mandatory they wouldn't go ahead and pay you too... even paid I don't like the idea of it as an addon to taxes, there would have to be a trade off for me to be behind it... and if it's mandatory military service I still say no way.
    Last edited by chum43; 05-18-2007 at 04:46 PM.
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A mandatory military service just doesn't pass the test. It is too "big brother" for me. The military indoctrinates you to think a certain way. Nothing wrong with that, soldiers/officers need to be trained to be militarily proficient. In many graduate programs they often break down your way of thinking, so that you may think like the "graduate" is supposed to. One perfect example is lawschool.

I have a problem with anyone forcing me to change my thinking, unless I consent. The military will inevitably do just that. I want to say, the military is not bad, just the opposite, but forced servitude for any amount of time will have drastice repercussions accross this country that thrives on following your "own" dream...

IMHO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Im indifferent, atleast when it comes to the men. I think alot of men would benefit from it. I think requiring the women to be a part of the military is a bad idea. Maybe im just an old fashion type of guy but i dont like the fact that our men have to go out and fight let alone making our women fight too.
    I don't think you are indifferent then.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doniston View Post
    People don't Always follow your ORDERS. They have minds of their own, and are not necessarily subject to manipulation or unreasonable limitations.
    Then WTF did you vote in the poll for, if the options weren't "acceptable" to you?

I can't believe your level of stupidity manages to increase every day..

On the other hand, I can't believe this surprises me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm all for it. Two years, right after high school. The military makes men out of boys, and would make women out of little girls, like LN. It builds character, and teaches you to stand on your own two feet. Maybe if we had mandatory military, we wouldn't have so many damn whinny anti-American liberals.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would support mandatory civil service (with the military being an option) for both men and women. The civil service option could include Vista, Katrina cleanup, etc. Not sure about the mandatory timeframe...maybe 18 months (although the military option should probably be longer). There should be some exemptions; especially for women with children.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ..........

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Then WTF did you vote in the poll for, if the options weren't "acceptable" to you?

Umm how old are you? Shouldn't you respect your elders?

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Umm how old are you? Shouldn't you respect your elders?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. Because it is a "public" forum, and I like others (as shown by the results) o not follow your orders, and we are "ENTITLED" to respond

2. Then don't -- your comments aren't valid anyway, In spite of the bad reps you send.

3. That's funny, considering the stupidity you post as a Sig, Do you really think that would Bug me? I have a similar one, but mine is political Your's is simply spitful and shows me just what kind of a person you really are.

EDITED: Yes, I see that you have finally removed that Sig line. But you continue the attack in the body of your post. "Big dif" Not.
    Last edited by Doniston; 05-19-2007 at 11:02 AM.
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doniston View Post
    1. Because it is a "public" forum, and I like others (as shown by the results) o not follow your orders, and we are "ENTITLED" to respond

2. Then don't -- your comments aren't valid anyway, In spite of the bad reps you send.

3. That's funny, considering the stupidity you post as a Sig, Do you really think that would Bug me? I have a similar one, but mine is political Your's is simply spitful and shows me just what kind of a person you really are.

EDITED: Yes, I see that you have finally removed that Sig line. But you continue the attack in the body of your post. "Big dif" Not.
    I removed the sig long before you opened your trap about it, in favor of one far more interesting and humorous.

Please smarten up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I removed the sig long before you opened your trap about it, in favor of one far more interesting and humorous.

Please smarten up.
    To a female who has the mouth of a drunken barbary salior, I am sure it is interesting and humorous . I wonder how the rest of th forum feels about it.

and I wasn't about to speak of that particular idiocy until you HAD removed it.
    Last edited by Doniston; 05-22-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stripey and I are having a ...disagreement about starting a Mandatory Military, wherein *everyone* is required to join, and serve - front lines included. Male, female.. Everyone. Do you agree, or disagree? Why?

I disagree. I don't want someone that was forced to join responsible for protecting my ass in a critical situation. Would you want someone that was forced to join responsible for protecting the back of you, or your child that *chose* to join?
    That's not quite what I said... I'm in favor of establishing a Mandatory Military Service for ALL, that's true. With the stipulation that the children of the executive branch, the legislative branches serving in front line units. So when president and congress sends everyone elses' children off to war with the chance that they might not return in the same condition that they went, they will know what it feels like. When their child comes home in a box, they will know what it feels like.

Personally, I long for the days when the leaders of a country actually led his military into battle. hasn't been that way for years... nay decades... centuries perhaps...

In my MMSfA, those that had only the worst of physical disabilities would be exempt. Everyone else could serve. You would serve between the ages of 18 and 25... yes, that's eight years... Four of those would be spent in the military and four with civilian service to prepare you for life among civilians.

In my MMSfA, if you did not serve in the military, you would receive NO citizen privileges... like a driver's license... or a bank loan... or sign a contract of any kind... or get a job... nope... you could live off your parents forever for all I care except, you do know, that your parents would lose you as a tax deduction once you turned 18 or graduated from high school which ever was earlier...

with MMSfA there would be no chickenhawks... none... and the peace movement would be enormous...

yeah, I know... there is no chance that any of this could come to pass... but I can dream, can't I?

*note... all YOUs are generalized yous... not specific you yous...
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!