Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Shellfish allergy

My daughter has a shellfish allergy. Mollusks too, and cat dander; but anyways-- My wife and I have theory that when my youngest daughter was cracking crab a squirt of crab shot into my daughter's eye and ever since she's had an allergy. Had her tested by an allergist and sure enough, she's allergic. I was allergic to milk growing up and grew out if it. I wonder if anyone here has experience with anyone growing out of a shellfish allergy.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    My daughter has a shellfish allergy. Mollusks too, and cat dander; but anyways-- My wife and I have theory that when my youngest daughter was cracking crab a squirt of crab shot into my daughter's eye and ever since she's had an allergy. Had her tested by an allergist and sure enough, she's allergic. I was allergic to milk growing up and grew out if it. I wonder if anyone here has experience with anyone growing out of a shellfish allergy.
    Log...I have been allergic my whole life. 49 years.

It can kill me... stops my breathing.

I will most likely never outgrow it..

I can have a reaction just being around it when it's cooking.
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Most milk allergies are not in fact allergies, rather intolerance's.

Almost all humans are actually intolerant of other animals milks, but contentious drinking/eating dulls the reactions, and the body learns to live with it, this won't happen with allergies as far as i'm aware.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    Log...I have been allergic my whole life. 49 years.

It can kill me... stops my breathing.

I will most likely never outgrow it..

I can have a reaction just being around it when it's cooking.
    Wow I had no idea a allergy could be that severe , you can actually get sick by just being around it cooking ? Dang man I feel bad for ya and hope you stay away from shell fish
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Wow I had no idea a allergy could be that severe , you can actually get sick by just being around it cooking ? Dang man I feel bad for ya and hope you stay away from shell fish
    When it's cooking, the Oils from the shellfish combine with the water they are cooking in and becomes an aerosol.

It's the same thing to me as breathing in poison gas, the oil is absorbed into the blood through the lungs and the effect can be just minutes..

I went to dinner one night with WiccanLiberal and she ordered the King Crab legs. She without thinking BLEW ON THEM and the steam hit me in the face... 1 minute later my eyes had swelled shut and I had to pop Benedryl and my rescue inhale. I went outside after that and jabbed my leg with the Epi Pen I keep in my golf bag...

I came real close to Anaphalactic Shock .
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America