Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
After giving it careful thought, I came to the conclusion that I don't need any participation with a bigger piece of society that I already have. Many similar to myself would reach the following conclusion: I made it clear I don't understand, now this person says they don't think I deserve to understand.

If that someone gave a crap, they would go into a flying rage. I stopped caring. I urge other ASD folks to do likewise. If one looks hard enough, they can find the nooks and crannies where they fit. It may be in the jungles of South America, the rice paddies of Southeast Asia or the wilds of Africa, but ANYONE can find a place. The cool thing is that once you find that place, you can return to the US and seek out people from that place as to continue earning good money.

At least I can serve the purpose of making the occasional misfit that crosses paths around here feel better. I intend to do that as long as I can.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Howie, I'm happy to see ya' here!
Misfits and other ASD folks? Someone saying they don't think you deserve to understand? Does the former perhaps invent the latter? You seem to take many things into more than they are. Then you'll use the ASD as an excuse as to why you do so. It's a cycle of sorts. But in reality, no one is trying to make you out to be different or even remotely treat you different, other than you yourself.

And if you want to "take one for the team" and make Howie feel better, by all means, do so.