Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just so you're all aware, this bullwhip is what this thread is all about. To the cage.
    Last edited by logroller; 09-07-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Don't underestimate the value of "Let it be". Every forum has its own culture. Just go where ever suits your mood and don't try to change anything.

If you ignore the Catholic references, this is a pretty good song.

why ignore the Catholic references. Words of wisdom are words of wisdom.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

IT'S A BEATLES SONG. I do believe Paul wrote it. They all sang it. Why does anyone need to question, or insert references to Catholics because of a few words?

No wonder the world is so screwed up. Everything, anyone does, writes, says, sings, thinks, or Exhales....is questioned, and needs to be explained to impress, or remove the made-up insults???
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    IT'S A BEATLES SONG. I do believe Paul wrote it. They all sang it. Why does anyone need to question, or insert references to Catholics because of a few words?

No wonder the world is so screwed up. Everything, anyone does, writes, says, sings, thinks, or Exhales....is questioned, and needs to be explained to impress, or remove the made-up insults???
    AT,

Of COURSE it's a Beatles song (I still have all my vinyl LP's, every Beatles album released in the US, about 1/2 originals). My point was, Lennon and McCartney wrote a number of very obvious Catholic references into the lyrics, so why ignore them, just because they are Catholic references?

When I find myself in times of trouble
    Mother Mary comes to me
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
    And in my hour of darkness
    She is standing right in front of me

And when the night is cloudy
    There is still a light that shines on me
    Shine on until tomorrow, let it be
    I wake up to the sound of music,
    Mother Mary comes to me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Why would anyone report a post ? This must come from the same people that had to tell the teacher when they where being picked on back in school , man if ya don't like it ignore it and if ya can't do that throw the guilty party ( the big meanie that isn't playing nice with you ) on Ignore, how simple is that ? personally I don't use the ignore feature because most of the trolls are actually fun to watch as they crash and burn.

When a new troll joins the board ( like we have now ) and he/ she it tries so hard to be smart or tries so hard to put others down if ya just ignore the idiot it will leave , when ya give it all the attention it will stay , and if ya just sit back and watch they become fun to watch as they try so hard to get a rise out of someone on the board and when they don't get it then they will try others until they realize no one will play there game and they move on, remember people choose your battles and think if they are even worth debating

And just to be completely honest I did report one post , and where it asked why, I posted just to see if it worked ( I was half kidding around and the other half of me thought what a waste no one would ever use that option ) it was my own post that I reported if I remember right but that was when i realized some weasels actually used it because dmp wasn't amused at all and I think Abbey was the one that answered me ( sorry Abbey ) so why make things harder on those that are Mods I mean I know they make so much money but heck no need to make them work harder.
    Yeah, and I'm still pissed about that! And why do you hate your brother?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    AT,

Of COURSE it's a Beatles song (I still have all my vinyl LP's, every Beatles album released in the US, about 1/2 originals). My point was, Lennon and McCartney wrote a number of very obvious Catholic references into the lyrics, so why ignore them, just because they are Catholic references?
    Of course, some people thought that Mother Mary was a marijuana reference.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    AT,

Of course, some people thought that Mother Mary was a marijuana reference.
    As in 'Mary Jane'. interesting. I'd never heard that reference regarding Let It Be.

In any case, we are both apparently wrong..... but maybe not. Many artists say their songs are about whatever the listener wants them to be about. You mentioned the pot reference... I see the Catholicism reference... Paul had his own reference in mind, it seems...

http://mattandjojang.wordpress.com/2...ong-let-it-be/

The Story Behind Paul McCartney’s Song: “Let It Be.”

Then one night, somewhere between deep sleep and insomnia, I had the most comforting dream about my mother, who died when I was only 14. She had been a nurse, my mum, and very hardworking, because she wanted the best for us. We weren’t a well-off family- we didn’t have a car, we just about had a television – so both of my parents went out to work, and Mum contributed a good half to the family income. At night when she came home, she would cook, so we didn’t have a lot of time with each other. But she was just a very comforting presence in my life. And when she died, one of the difficulties I had, as the years went by, was that I couldn’t recall her face so easily. That’s how it is for everyone, I think. As each day goes by, you just can’t bring their face into your mind, you have to use photographs and reminders like that.
    So in this dream twelve years later, my mother appeared, and there was her face, completely clear, particularly her eyes, and she said to me very gently, very reassuringly: “Let it be.”
    It was lovely. I woke up with a great feeling. It was really like she had visited me at this very difficult point in my life and gave me this message: Be gentle, don’t fight things, just try and go with the flow and it will all work out.