Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

yeah some of that is out there.
    here's are a few more "anomalies" that do not fit in the big bang assertions.

the spiral arms of galaxies.
    Based on gravity and the billions of years ago when these galaxies supposedly formed there should be no spiral arms left.
    In only millions of years the spiral arms would have wound up like clock springs and we'd only see disk like masses of stars.
    but there they are.

no early galaxies seen.
    recently the Hubble telescope looked at a tiny patch of "black" to see as far as possible away and as far back in time as possible.
    they expected to find "young" galaxies. but what they found where galaxies that looked "mature". The same as all of the other galaxies we know of. including our own.
    So the assumption/prediction was wrong. The observation does not bare out the big bang timeline.

Star formation is unexplained by the big bang and gravity theory of the cosmos.
    Gas does not coalesce in space to form stars, as the story we are told goes.
    Temperature and pressure would push the gas particles away from each other before gravity could form stars.
    population 3 stars -original big bang H He stars- have not been discovered or seen in space.
    Stars forming from stars that are already here has more evidence. but the origin of stars in the 1st place has no evidenced based or workable theory via the big bang or accepted physics.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-02-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

arbo?......have you overlooked something?......there is a post awaiting your response.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

since Arbo seems disinclined to play I will have to debate a dummy hand instead.....I will pose a response to his and I will draw a random argument to use as his substitute from the dummy's hand.....
    9. Jesus Has Not Returned: This, also, may seem a soft point. However, for 2000 years--80 generations--a substantial number of every single generation of Christians has whole-heartedly believed that Jesus' return was imminent. This often included exact dates that, when they came to pass, did not cause the believers to toss their erroneous ideologies aside. And this perennial incorrectness goes back to the beginning. One can only understand the earliest Christians--the generation immediately following Jesus' death--as a group who were expecting Jesus to return at any moment (I Thess 4:15-17). Why did they believe this? Because, on more than one occasion, Jesus unequivocally said so (Mark 9:1, Matthew 26:64, Mark 13:30). Christians have proven to be resolutely imperturbable and incorrigible to their continued failures.
    the merit of this logic is transferable to other issues.....for example, we can likewise conclude that since the Chicago Cubs have never won a World Series, there is in truth no such thing as the Chicago Cubs, despite what their incorrigible fans erroneously believe......

and from the dummy hand we draw.....
    "dark chocolate is a proven anti-oxidant"......that's the trouble with dummy hands...they often don't follow suit......
    ...full immersion.....

4. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    arbo?......have you overlooked something?......there is a post awaiting your response.....
    Not overlooked, I merely do not care, too little to late.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    ah, so you start a thread inviting comments but do not care to discuss them when they arrive?.......sounds like the classic definition of trolling to me......is that what you are?........

in truth, the "too little" was the silly and unimaginative OP.......obviously even you cannot come up with a defense of the claims found there......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

8. God Doesn't Care
    meanwhile we continue.......the logic that the author puts forward is that it is impossible for God to "care" because 1) he is immutable and 2) "the idea of an omniscient, omnipotent "being" having desires borders on the nonsensical".....

again, this logic fails.....to be immutable means unchanging.....if one cares and does not change he still cares......if one does not care and does not change he still does not care......immutability has no impact upon caring, obviously.....

as to the second, why would it be "nonsensical" for an omnipotent being to have desires?.....is the argument that they could bring about any result they wanted?.....foolish argument, because obviously they would have to "want" a result in the first place.......is it because they did not simply CAUSE the result they wanted?.......if so, it would have to be the act of a tyrannical omnipotent.......not one who cared immutably about his creation.....again, obviously omnipotence has no impact upon having desires.....

clearly the author's argument does not border on the nonsensical.....it lands squarely in the center of it.....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 10-05-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

7. Other Religions:
    I find this one amusing......Christianity must be wrong because there are other religions.....

understand this logic fully in order to fully appreciate its humor.....

ten people witness an event.....all ten give conflicting reports on what they see......because nine of them are inaccurate by necessity we thus "logically prove" that all ten of them are false......no one saw the event accurately, because nine of them did not.......

if you agree with that "logic" you will applaud the author and perhaps even post his arguments to a discussion board somewhere.....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 10-05-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ah, so you start a thread inviting comments but do not care to discuss them when they arrive?.......sounds like the classic definition of trolling to me......is that what you are?........

in truth, the "too little" was the silly and unimaginative OP.......obviously even you cannot come up with a defense of the claims found there......
    I understand you are butt hurt because you want to argue for your religion. Have at it. Had you showed up near the beginning of things it may have been a different story, late comers can't expect attention.

It's not like you won't continue to for the purpose of continuing on anyway, so enjoy yourself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I understand you are butt hurt because you want to argue for your religion. Have at it. Had you showed up near the beginning of things it may have been a different story, late comers can't expect attention.

It's not like you won't continue to for the purpose of continuing on anyway, so enjoy yourself.
    its much more fun pointing at ignorance if more of it shows up each day......please come and defend your claims?...........

(by the way, in order for me to be butt hurt, wouldn't there have to be something that wasn't limp and impotent involved?).........
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 10-05-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

please come and defend your claims?
    Send an email to the author of the article, perhaps you will find someone that cares what you have to say on the issue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Send an email to the author of the article, perhaps you will find someone that cares what you have to say on the issue.
    From my POV I was correct. You started these threads for a reason, and it wasn't to discuss Christianity. Had PMP criticized you for starting the thread in itself, then you would have been all over him calling him a hypocrite. But he took the time to address what you posted, and we surely can't have any of that.

And stating it's too late makes no sense to me. I can see if you were all debated out, but the topic has barely been addressed. Why post it if such little interest to actually discuss it?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I love this one , used to hear it often.. There isn't a God because "we" say so...... So I'd reply , you are dead wrong because I say so! Never did any of them ever get the point... Thinking that mankind exists in the Universe without a divine purpose is silly. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I love this one , used to hear it often.. There isn't a God because "we" say so...... So I'd reply , you are dead wrong because I say so! Never did any of them ever get the point... Thinking that mankind exists in the Universe without a divine purpose is silly. --Tyr

Tyr. I simply enjoy smiling at them, and walking away whenever anyone tries to tell me about GOD.

What makes them angrier when they say such stupid stuff is...When you confidently know, and have no need to defend your faith to anyone. In other words. If you don't argue with them. They haven't accomplished anything. As the old expression goes
    "DON'T GO AWAY MAD. JUST GO AWAY!"

You can't lose an argument you aren't part of with them.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

please do me a favor....the next time you start a thread indicate whether or not its one you care about......then we will know whether we should respond......(or bother to read it)........
    ...full immersion.....