Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default Newspaper puts monkey faces on obamas

I didn't even read the story ( I was to busy laughing at the photo ) yes I bet there are a couple of pissed off people in DC

Seriously it looks like it was done and it wasn't meant to be Racist as I am sure many will say.

With an image reminiscent of the classic film “Planet of the Apes,” a Belgian newspaper is accused of racism for printing a doctored photo putting monkey-like faces on President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/newspaper...ces-on-obamas/
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

For any single person who complains or has an issue - I want to see where these people complained the same when it was done to GWB. No different than someone calling me a slur name and me calling them the exact same slur name in return. Of course both are guilty of using a slur, admittedly, but yet both the same.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Btw, I looked at the picture. It's obvious that some stuff was photoshopped in regards to Barack, but I don't see anything different about Mooch?

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gaffer, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    For any single person who complains or has an issue - I want to see where these people complained the same when it was done to GWB. No different than someone calling me a slur name and me calling them the exact same slur name in return. Of course both are guilty of using a slur, admittedly, but yet both the same.
    calling a white guy monkey and a black guy monkey is EXACTLY the same Jim?
    Jim, answer me one question?
    Has the white race been mocked and jeered at for over 4oo years as monkeys and apes and thought of as less than human beings?
    the answer is no.
    so it can never be the same Jim.

I'd like hope that you'd get that when pointed out, but i'm not so sure after reading your other post

Btw, I looked at the picture. It's obvious that some stuff was photoshopped in regards to Barack, but I don't see anything different about Mooch?
    Well Jim, seems you just officially crossed over.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-27-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

8. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Has the white race been mocked and jeered at for over 4oo years as monkeys and apes and thought of as less than human beings?
    the answer is no.

I'd like hope that you'd get that when pointed out, but i'm not so sure after reading your other post

Rev, quite frankly, I didn't just cross over, nor do I seem to care if you judge me negatively.

If someone is so offended by black folks being called a word for so long, then they sure as shit shouldn't be using the word or comparisons themselves. I'm sure you felt similarly when I said I wouldn't refrain from using the word "nigger", when it's just okie dokie for black folks the world round to do so without receiving the same backlash.

Should black folks of today receive money for how their ancestors were treated? Should crimes be overlooked because the man held black folks back a hundred years ago? That was the past, for the most part, no one alive today endured those times. These people don't get free passes simply because they were born with a certain skin color.

I simply repeat what went on for 8 years to make a point. Odd that people see it differently. Make excuses for why it's somehow different. Find a way to make it ok for the past while condemning the present.

If a black person stands in front of me and calls me a name, and then I literally reply with the exact same name = the exact same thing just transpired. Don't gimme this bullshit about how what he said 5 seconds ago was ok because he is black, and that I shouldn't say it because I'm white - and the reason he gets the pass is because people he never met in the past had words used against them negatively? LOL tough shit.

10. Thanks Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Btw, she LITERALLY has features that are VERY similar to an ape or a chimpanzee. It's provable. I didn't give birth to her and I didn't design the way she looks. Sue me for pointing out the obvious. Hell, even placing her image into googles own image search brings back many results of the primates.

These discussions sure feel different than they did when I was involved in them when Bush was in office.

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gaffer, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

so when was the last time you were called a nigger Jim?
    people in your family?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

the answer is no.

Lighten up . Political shenanigans like this having been going on forever. And insulting politicians by citizens opposed to their damn idiocy has too.

The term --"make a monkey out of me"-- refers to IQ not race. Why must almost everybody mistakenly insists that its suddenly racial if the target is black? Lay down the "white guilt" my friend and analyze it from all angles.
    It ill becomes you IMHO. You are too smart to fall into such an old and overused trap as that. Having utter contempt for a person is most often not a racial prejudice reaction.
    Myself, I thought bravo at both Jim's remarks! Simply because I agree and see truth in both . Ungrateful Witch does look more like one IMHO. And yes it is funny too. -Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-27-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

15. Thanks jimnyc, Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I didn't even read the story ( I was to busy laughing at the photo ) yes I bet there are a couple of pissed off people in DC

Seriously it looks like it was done and it wasn't meant to be Racist as I am sure many will say.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/newspaper...ces-on-obamas/

thanks for the wallpaper

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, jimnyc, tailfins thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

so when was the last time you were called a nigger Jim?
    people in your family?
    I would refer to or use the word towards others using it, as I stated. But yes, I've been called the name many times before, and it's been used in front of me endlessly. But again you fail to see the point, and only make it further for me.

Interesting that you used the word as part of a discussion, which is what I've already stated before and was told it was wrong.

When was the last time you were called a nigger, Rev? People in your family?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

. These discussions sure feel different than they did when I was involved in them when Bush was in office.
    Sure are. Back then every dem/lib in the world defended doing the Bush insulting that way. Now comes typical rejection when its a dem being made fun of. And Obama fits the profile far more than Bush ever did IMHO. Simply because he is by far the worse president and the worse human too. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

20. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Lighten up . Political shenanigans like this having been going on forever. And insulting politicians by citizens opposed to their damn idiocy has too.

The term --"make a monkey out of me"-- refers to IQ not race. Why must almost everybody mistakenly insists that its suddenly racial if the target is black? Lay down the "white guilt" my friend and analyze it from all angles.
    It ill becomes you IMHO. You are too smart to fall into such an old and overused trap as that. Having utter contempt for a person is most often not a racial prejudice reaction.
    Myself, I thought bravo at both Jim's remarks! Simply because I agree and see truth in both . Ungrateful Witch does look more like one IMHO. And yes it is funny too. -Tyr
    For me, I do point out the similarities based on appearance, just as many did to Bush over the years. Only now it's wrong, because it hits home, and the similarities are much more closer. But look at the thousands of side by side pictures there were with Bush over the years. ALL trying to compare his appearance, facial expressions and mouth position, and compare him to chimps across the land. Now the same thing gets done, but it's wrong, because they are black. Regardless of race, it was cool to point out similarities to a primate when GWB was in office. And those pissed the most are those who were laughing it up and posting the pictures back then.

22. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post

thanks for the wallpaper
    Did you notice how little retouching they did on the ungrateful witch?

I can not wait to see the reaction on other sites. Going to be pure gold .. Tyr

24. Thanks jimnyc, namvet thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Should black folks of today receive money for how their ancestors were treated?
    what does that have to do, AT ALL, with being respectful of a races humanity today by not using words that traditionally have been used against it and are STILL are being used by many Jim?
    Nothing.
    Are blacks today called various forms of animals and sub human by racist? Is the Terminology still in use TODAY as a slur against the race?

If your serious and Honest in your attempt at defense you'll answer YES it is.
    And it DOES have a Racial Context for BLACK still TODAY that's it's Picked up over the centuries.

Words have meaning and context that's derived from usage over time.
    In western culture calling Blacks animals is a nasty SLUR , has been, still is. period paragraph.
    It's NOT the same Jim.
    If you still think so how about just taking my word for it.

Should crimes be overlooked because the man held black folks back a hundred years ago?
    Why are you bringing up crimes, were talking about language?

That was the past, for the most part, no one alive today endured those times. These people don't get free passes simply because they were born with a certain skin color.
    the language we use is from the past, the meaning come from the past english wasn't invented yesterday and idioms and slang carry down though the centuries to TODAY. the picture was posted TODAY, the meaning comes down form Centuries of uses.
    get it?

I simply repeat what went on for 8 years to make a point. Odd that people see it differently. Make excuses for why it's somehow different. Find a way to make it ok for the past while condemning the present.

If a black person stands in front of me and calls me a name, and then I literally reply with the exact same name = the exact same thing just transpired. Don't gimme this bullshit about how what he said 5 seconds ago was ok because he is black, and that I shouldn't say it because I'm white -
    If a black person calls you a Nigger in a derogatory fashion I might take time to consider your point.

and the reason he gets the pass is because people he never met in the past had words used against them negatively? LOL tough shit.
    Um Jim Black people are called names Today, the SAME names Blacks have been called for centuries.
    People even put pictures in papers.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-27-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

For me, I do point out the similarities based on appearance, just as many did to Bush over the years. Only now it's wrong, because it hits home, and the similarities are much more closer. But look at the thousands of side by side pictures there were with Bush over the years. ALL trying to compare his appearance, facial expressions and mouth position, and compare him to chimps across the land. Now the same thing gets done, but it's wrong, because they are black. Regardless of race, it was cool to point out similarities to a primate when GWB was in office. And those pissed the most are those who were laughing it up and posting the pictures back then.

Hypocrisy
    for all to see IMHO. They did referencing BOTH IQ and his looks when Bush was the target. I should know as I defended his IQ with many of lib asses.

Good for the goose is good for the gander no matter what color feathers it claims. -Tyr

27. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post