Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOki View Post
    I'll keep that in mind when I aspire to mad-skillz.

Respect and disrespect are earned and reciprocated values, glockmail, and I am not nearly so stingy with my respect as I am with my disrespect. Many "others" enjoy my respect. You should be careful to not confuse my disrespect for an argument to be disrespect for the person presenting it. Yet even when someone has personally earned my disrespect, I am reluctant to give it out--unless it is demanded of me, as this particular case happens to be. I won't likely be sorry about it glockmail; but I am sorry, and apologize to you, that it wasn't more entertaining.
    But are you respected by any others??? I have seen no evidence of that on this Forum.

and I have a hunch that the only ones you "Respect are those who agree with you (or at least don't comfront you with your garbage)

However, since you refuse to get back on topic but continue your personal rants. I will say Adu---- again.
    Last edited by Doniston; 05-25-2007 at 11:23 AM.
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'll keep that in mind when I aspire to mad-skillz.

Respect and disrespect are earned and reciprocated values, glockmail, and I am not nearly so stingy with my respect as I am with my disrespect. Many "others" enjoy my respect. You should be careful to not confuse my disrespect for an argument to be disrespect for the person presenting it. Yet even when someone has personally earned my disrespect, I am reluctant to give it out--unless it is demanded of me, as this particular case happens to be. I won't likely be sorry about it glockmail; but I am sorry, and apologize to you, that it wasn't more entertaining.
    You spend too much of my time with back handed insults. Be direct. Be a manly asshole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doniston View Post
    But are you respected by any others??? I have seen no evidence of that on this Forum......
    True.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But are you respected by any others???
    Sure.

I have seen no evidence of that on this Forum.
    You'd have to be familiar with the reality of respect first.

and I have a hunch that the only ones you "Respect are those who agree with you (or at least don't comfront you with your garbage)
    Well that's complete nonsense.

However, since you refuse to get back on topic but continue your personal rants. I will say Adu---- again.
    Welcome to being wrong again.
    Thus far, it appears that glockmail's assertion is correct as 5stringJeff has already demonstrated that the statement of belief presented is, in fact (rather than your unsupported opinion), an argument.

I am not arguing that the argument is not faulty. Its faults were explained by Lightning Waltz; but faulty as argument that such statements might be, they are arguments regardless.
    Not rant, not personal rhetoric (and I emphasize "Not Personal") and totally not off topic flaming. Doniston, your opinion is actually nothingness. Insisting it's otherwise would be dumb.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure.

You'd have to be familiar with the reality of respect first.

Well that's complete nonsense.

Welcome to being wrong again.Not rant, not personal rhetoric (and I emphasize "Not Personal") and totally not off topic flaming. Doniston, your opinion is actually nothingness. Insisting it's otherwise would be dumb.
    your parting Shit? (opps I'm sorry, parting Shot.)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

your parting Shit? (opps I'm sorry, parting Shot.)
    This is your new strategy then? Wishful thinking? I hope that works out for you.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok then.

Since statements of belief are arguments. What kind of validation makes a statement of belief so meaningful that we would be justified in killing someone over it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

But are you respected by any others??? I have seen no evidence of that on this Forum.

I have plenty of respect for Loki, and he is easily capable of dancing circles around you.

I'm even sure he can spell adieu.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Ok then.

Since statements of belief are arguments. What kind of validation makes a statement of belief so meaningful that we would be justified in killing someone over it?
    When the other person's statement of belief is a mortal threat to those who who believe as you, and that person's beliefs are not universally acceptable.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I have plenty of respect for Loki, and he is easily capable of dancing circles around you.

I'm even sure he can spell adieu.
    according to PMs, and Rep messages, it is apparent that there are many wo disagree with you. and if you had bothered to noticed, I abbreviate a lot of words.(intentionally) Does that confuse you??? I spell though as tho, democratic as dem, etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When the other person's statement of belief is a mortal threat to those who who believe as you, and that person's beliefs are not universally acceptable.
    I see that self defense is justifable, but the point of the question I'm asking is meant to be pointed at initiating of the violence, rather than reacting to it.

So, that in mind: What kind of validation makes a statement of belief so meaningful that we would be justified in killing someone over it?
    Last edited by LOki; 05-28-2007 at 05:16 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You don't. It's a relative thing don't you know?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

according to PMs, and Rep messages, it is apparent that there are many wo disagree with you. and if you had bothered to noticed, I abbreviate a lot of words.(intentionally) Does that confuse you??? I spell though as tho, democratic as dem, etc.
    Not even a good try. You're trying to say you abbreviated "adieu" with "adu?"

The fact that those who would agree with you disagree with me only makes me all the more sure of my statement.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

I see that self defense is justifable, but the point of the question I'm asking is meant to be pointed at initiating of the violence, rather than reacting to it.

So, that in mind: What kind of validation makes a statement of belief so meaningful that we would be justified in killing someone over it?
    The simple, on-the-surface answer would be "none," because IMO, any circumstance that would justify initiating the violence would STILL amount to be proactive in defending against a perceived future threat.

All things being equal but different, with no threat posed by either side, then violence from one side against the other would not be justified.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The simple, on-the-surface answer would be "none," because IMO, any circumstance that would justify initiating the violence would STILL amount to be proactive in defending against a perceived future threat.
    Ok. I still see self defense as a valid argument for the excersise of violence, but what kind of validation makes believing this perception of future threat meaningful enough to initiate proactive violent action?