Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    My Grandma was the same way. She was hooked up to an oxygen machine and still smoked with those clear tubes that go into the nostrils. Pretty dangerous but she never blew up the house somehow.

Yep. I'm not looking forward to quitting, because I do enjoy smoking and I know it's going to be a major bitch to kick the habit.

My Doc gave me a prescription for pills that make the cigarettes taste awful, so those will probably help during the battle.

The fact that smokes are $10 per pack is another motivator, too... it's hellishly expensive, especially with both my girlfriend and I smoking.

Didn't realize how expensive they have become. But, after seeing that $10 per pack. I'd be unable to keep up anyway.
    I did learn how disgusting I SMELLED all those years I smoked. But never realized how bad it was. In fact. I found it pretty funny to finally understand how I WASN'T FOOLING anybody when I was a teenager, smoking Marlboro's at 35 cents a pack? Anyone remember those days?
    Anyway. I started out with Phillip Morris, then Pell Malls before I started Filtered KOOL's that sucked. Ended up with the cheaper brands before my last puff.
    Breathing clean air, and food that tastes much better helps a lot.
    But I would be lying if I said I didn't still have the urge for just ONE MORE.
    I know it's really tough. But you have to keep reminding yourself "Do you wanna be around a few more years...or not?"
    Last edited by aboutime; 05-15-2014 at 07:11 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Didn't realize how expensive they have become. But, after seeing that $10 per pack. I'd be unable to keep up anyway.
    I did learn how disgusting I SMELLED all those years I smoked. But never realized how bad it was. In fact. I found it pretty funny to finally understand how I WASN'T FOOLING anybody when I was a teenager, smoking Marlboro's at 35 cents a pack? Anyone remember those days?
    Anyway. I started out with Phillip Morris, then Pell Malls before I started Filtered KOOL's that sucked. Ended up with the cheaper brands before my last puff.
    Breathing clean air, and food that tastes much better helps a lot.
    But I would be lying if I said I didn't still have the urge for just ONE MORE.
    I know it's really tough. But you have to keep reminding yourself "Do you wanna be around a few more years...or not?"
    I remember when I was eight years old, my dad gave me two quarters to bike to the truck stop and buy him a pack of Bel-Airs. I got to keep the 15 cents change to buy a bottle of Mountain Dew. I always remember the refreshing sky-clean look of the pack. I never took up smoking because I took a dare from a friend of my big sister when I was six. I smoked three cigarettes and it made me so sick that I never wanted to touch them again.

Last edited by tailfins; 05-16-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    In this state it's a littering fine.............I only wish they vigorously enforced it.

My father has been smoking since he was 17, neither one of his heart attacks has deterred him from smoking. He thinks smoking has no impact on his heart, despite the fact that my sister (a nurse) and hubby and I who both work in healthcare have told him repeatedly that he's stupid (although not quite that bluntly).

Smoking is a nasty habit, one I hope and pray none of my kids pick up.
    It IS a nasty habit. Kids now don't have much excuse for picking it up except for the same reason probably most of us did: peer pressure.

When I was a kid smoking and drinking were highly glamorized by society. Manly men smoked and could hold their liquor. While I don't agree with the 180 degree "smoking is evil" and blamed for any-and-everything turnaround, it's a habit I'd as soon not have. It's expensive and controls too much of where I won't go and won't do.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Gaffer, NightTrain thanked this post