Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Telling troops in the field to just stay alive is WRONG, and you know it.
    Telling them to die is what you want? I get it now. Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    You have the balls to actually say that our war dead accomplished NOTHING ?

I can't even find a smilie despicable enough for you.
    Another Strawman. You're good at those. Too bad you are wrong again.

Let me use the neocon strategy of corrupting one's words to suit one's own purposes:

So you are saying that you cheer for every dead soldier that is killed in Iraq because that means our mission is that much closer to being completed? What a sick fuck that makes you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    Using that analogy, you swim to shore, punch out the guy who threw you in and bring all the rest who got thrown overboard to shore. Then, you court martial the captain, strip him of his pension and throw him in brig for endangering the ship of state. You don't tread water waiting for boat to come around to pick you up and you dispense with the squids who said they would be there to pluck you out of danger but were in the galley wolfing down your rations while you were almost drowning. That is, if we were to use that analogy.

The point is, disagreeing with being thrown in is not going to do a damned thing to keep me from drowning if I don't swim.

And I don't agree with the hammer everyone even remotely in the area theory.

It wasn't the FBI who ignored him. It was your Boy George. And I doubt, if
    Osama gets caught, that it will be the FBI that does it. It ain't their job and they don't have many agents in Afghanistan from all accounts. Boy George only brings up the Boogieman Osama when he is on one of those fear-mongering missions to push someone back in line here at home. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

How is Bush ignoring OBL? Because he won't invade Pakistan to find him? Isn't invading countries what you're already pissed at him for?

Regime change wasn't in the forefront of the war talk. It was all about how Saddam had these weapons and could attack us and THAT'S what drove this country to war. Then, the goals changed. And changed again. And changed again. And changed again. And changed again.

Odd, the goals haven't changed that I am aware of. WMDs was one of the reasons given at the beginning and is still a legitimate reason, IMO. Freeing the Iraqis from Saddam's tyranny was most certainly another reason given, and regime change is the ONLY way to accomplish that.

They are just waiting until they isolate as much of the Sunni population as they can until they do their ethnic cleansing. We are complicit in helping them do that because we have not insisted on the governmental reforms and actions to protect the Sunnis before we help them. The Iraqis know that and keep letting us bear the brunt of the load.

And of course you don't believe the Saudis will crank up their support for the Sunnis?

Fucking A. We finally agree.
    I doubt it. I'm for giving the government what they asked for. Gradual replacement. Unless I am mistaken, your idea of "leaving" is everyone yesterday.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    Telling them to die is what you want? I get it now. Thanks.
    Weren't you the one who a couple posts back denied seeing in only black or white?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If right-wingers truthfully supported our troops with a full heart they would be campaigning to get them out of Iraq.
    The only problem is that 70% of the right-wing fantasy community still believes Saddam had WMD and still think that there is some huge link between Al-Qaeda and Iraq. If they watched normal news they would understand that the conflict in Iraq is one that cannot be accomplished by any surge or any more days spent of bloodshed and death by our military. The sectarian violence will NOT stop, and as long as we continue to occupy, the Iraqi people will continue to blow us up. The Vietcong said get the fuck out of here, and so are the Iraqi people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    No - Liberal Democrats' (if that's you, fine) expressed desire for the US to fail in Iraq makes them/you a bad American.

(shrug)
    because we beleive it to be a fact does not mean we desire it that way. we simply know it is a losing cause.
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Reid has lied and committed a number of felonies while in office. We have tracked them all. We have just started a campaign against Dirty Harry, he is a disgrace to our state and country.
    Strange that the "Disgraces" hold the majority of power in the congress. can't be too disgraceful, HUH??? Could it possibly be that your opinion is in the Minority???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Reid has lied and committed a number of felonies while in office. We have tracked them all. We have just started a campaign against Dirty Harry, he is a disgrace to our state and country.
    So much for the presumption of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obama08 View Post
    If right-wingers truthfully supported our troops with a full heart they would be campaigning to get them out of Iraq.
    The only problem is that 70% of the right-wing fantasy community still believes Saddam had WMD and still think that there is some huge link between Al-Qaeda and Iraq. If they watched normal news they would understand that the conflict in Iraq is one that cannot be accomplished by any surge or any more days spent of bloodshed and death by our military. The sectarian violence will NOT stop, and as long as we continue to occupy, the Iraqi people will continue to blow us up. The Vietcong said get the fuck out of here, and so are the Iraqi people.
    saddam did have wmd's and did have ties to al queda. There's more evidence coming out on that all the time.

What you call "normal news" is just the MSM that is nothing but liberal propaganda. If it's not anti-Bush it doesn't make their nightly reports.

The surge is working and isn't even completed yet. But you wouldn't know about that since all you get your news from is "normal news".

It's not the iraqi people we are fighting there. It's al queda and some iranian supported militia.

The vietcong were communists supported by north vietnam and trying to over throw the South Vietnam government. Totally different war and times. If you want to discuss Vietnam I am more than happy to oblige but you better come armed with facts and experience and a real knowledge of history.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    So much for the presumption of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
    you do mean like the calls for 'impeach Bush'?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doniston View Post
    because we beleive it to be a fact does not mean we desire it that way. we simply know it is a losing cause.
    No----you are going to ENSURE it is a losing cause.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

....The Vietcong said get the fuck out of here, and so are the Iraqi people.
    So what exactly happened in Vietnam after you liberals defeated America last time?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    So what exactly happened in Vietnam after you liberals defeated America last time?
    It was all Kumbaya, dontcha know? Do you think they care?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Only people incapable of reading and comprehending English beleive Saddam DIDN'T have WMDs. I suppose YOU can account for all the WMDs/percursors Saddam is on record with the UN as possessing that are STILL unaccounted for?

What exactly do you classify THIS as?

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/0...lfwar_070525w/

or this?

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/iraq/warning.htm

How about the fact the US sold Saddam dual-use percursors?

Your ignorance on WMDs is only surpassed by your ignorance of who and what the Vietcong were.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    No----you are going to ENSURE it is a losing cause.
    Just your opinion, and you have every right to be wrong.