Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I just read the text of Obama's speech while watching the video. He said nothing about voting Democratic or kicking Republicans out of office. There is little discussion of politics at all.
    Yet another lie delivered by a right-wing blog. But some of you are going to believe it because you are either too lazy or too gullible to check out what really happened.
    A quick fact-check shows that you didn't watch the video OR read the text of the speech -- you are an outright liar. If you actually had, you'd have seen this:

Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    And even though they had votes and they couldn’t make it, I want to give a plug to a couple people. Senator Elizabeth Warren and Congressman John Tierney, both from Massachusetts, who introduced bills that would make it easier for students to repay their student loans. (Applause.)

It’s the same idea we used to make it easier for your parents to pay off their mortgages. Now today, that idea was defeated by Republicans in Congress, which was frustrating, especially --

AUDIENCE: Booo --

THE PRESIDENT: Well, don't boo. Just remember to vote. (Laughter and applause.)
    Remarkable stupidity you've displayed once again for the world to see. Are you really that dense to think that anyone can't readily find the answers and will believe you at your word?

Then he goes on to tell the young kids that he's going to perform another end-run around Congress when he doesn't get his way :

Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    But in the meantime, where Congress won’t act, I’m going to do whatever I can on my own. (Applause.) So on Monday, I announced executive actions that are going to help students like you find the right options -- and give millions of Americans who are already making their loan payments a chance to cap those repayments at 10 percent of their income. Because a quality education shouldn’t be something that other kids get -- it should be something that every kid gets. And that has to be a priority for this country. (Applause.)
    Isn't that special? Obama is showing a new generation of kids that it's okay to shred the constitution and ignore laws if you don't like them by doing another end-run around Congress. But that's okay because it's for the liberal cause, right?

Next time you call someone out, back it up with a link. It's the proper thing to do.

Here's the transcript of the speech so you can eat shit, you miserable little bitch :

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcest...tion_2014.html
    Last edited by NightTrain; 06-13-2014 at 12:01 AM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum