Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    LOL! It's apparent why these folks are so confused. I'm sure they religiously watch FOX with the love of lies in their hearts
    that is so funny...

I never knew...that listening to Rush, Fox news, etc....that I wasn't able to form my own...opinion...Golley shuck e durn...yuk yuk....

Last edited by stephanie; 06-01-2007 at 02:50 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    It's easy to get those two confused if you watch enough Fox News Channel, isn't it?
    The most trusted name in news really sucks for you, don't it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    The most trusted name in news really sucks for you, don't it?
    It must hard to watch your stranglehold on the news dissipate. All those liberal-biased networks and newspapers are losing viewers/buyers, while Fox and the Internet gain in numbers.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 06-01-2007 at 07:07 AM.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Disagreeing with bad policy and an administration that represents my views and goals by a factor of zero does not make me unpatriotic nor does it make me a "bad" American.
    You're right, disagreeing with what you believe to be a bad policy does not make you a bad American.

What makes some of your fellow liberals bad Americans is doing things that help the enemy during a time of War.

Those who opposed our entry into World War II stopped their public opposition to the war when it was declared. It wasn't because they supported the President, but because they loved this country.

There is only one commander in chief of the armed forces, he does not need 300 million back seat drivers, some of whom, at every opportunity give their opinions on how the war should be fought.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    You're right, disagreeing with what you believe to be a bad policy does not make you a bad American.

What makes some of your fellow liberals bad Americans is doing things that help the enemy during a time of War.

Those who opposed our entry into World War II stopped their public opposition to the war when it was declared. It wasn't because they supported the President, but because they loved this country.

There is only one commander in chief of the armed forces, he does not need 300 million back seat drivers, some of whom, at every opportunity give their opinions on how the war should be fought.
    Great post, Karl.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a bad American.

But he certainly needs someone to tell him how. It is painfully obvious that "HE" doesn't have a clue.
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whoa! Hold it right there....

You dare to compare World War II with Cheney's stupid Iraq debacle? You do know there is a world of difference between a war to combat fascism and save the world from Japanese imperialism and a war that never should have been started, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Whoa! Hold it right there....

You dare to compare World War II with Cheney's stupid Iraq debacle? You do know there is a world of difference between a war to combat fascism and save the world from Japanese imperialism and a war that never should have been started, right?
    How dare I? I dare to compare!

Stupid Iraq debacle? Silly you.... if it weren't for you liberals beefing non-stop since the war began and undermining public opinion of the war, things may be going better!

You leftists are bound and determined to lose that war.

If it's a debacle, we have people like Nancy Pelosi, Cindy Sheehan and most of Hollywooed to thank. I'm sure Al Queda, Hamas and Islamic Jihad consider them their greatest asset.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

And they certainly aren't Liberals. Liberals support the troops in the best way possible: they want to bring them home.
    Have you ever asked the troops if they feel this is the best way possible to support them?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Your partisan attitude has blinded you to the truth of this war, Gunny, and it's really sad to see. Your Boy George sees that he is losing this conflict all the way around now and is bringing back the big Boogieman to scare us all: Osama bin Laden. After stating that he doesn't know where he is and doesn't care because he is irrelevant and ignoring him for years, he now brings him up 11 times in one speech and tries to salvage a failed policy of a failed war in a failed presidency. The only sorry ass and despicable position is that of failed leader and the morons who still march in lockstep to the Stay The Course drumbeat.

You are too stupid to see there is no victory in this war. Getting our troops home alive is our only victory. The Endless War on terrorism has begun and you are totally clueless to our real position. You keep sitting there cheering for victory when in reality the only choices are War Continues or War Ends.

You could never have been more wrong but then that's par for the course for your blindly partisan dumbass self. Who are you going to believe more: me or a troop in the field? You are going to believe a troop in the field, of course. So do I.

link

How many deployments will be enough Gunny? How many times do we recycle troops thru the war before they come back ruined and worthless to the defense of our country? How long do you cut corners on their medical benefit to further fund the war? How long do you refuse to bring replacement weaponry into the conflict because your budget doesn't call for it and further risk the lives of more troops? How long do you continue to fight a war on the cheap that doesn't kill vast numbers of our troops but makes them mentally worthless after a half dozen tours in the war further reducing the capability to defend our own borders? How long, Gunny?
    BVE - You are the modern day Tokoyo Rose.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I am still wondering what the libs think will happen if we bring all our troops home.

Do they think the Iraqi people will suddenly quit fighting with each other or whether they will continue to try and dominate each other?

Some may say "who cares" - not our problem.

I think the libs need to think beyond bringing the troops home. The jihadists want to destroy America and Americans. We bring the troops home - the jihad is suddenly right here in our front yard. Is that really what the liberals want?

And if any of you don't think this is what will happen, then please, enlighten me about what you think will happen. That the terrorists will suddenly say 'hey, OK, we kicked their butts and now we can sit back, relax and go about our own business?"

I truly do want to hear what you have to say about what you think the next act in this global war on terrorism will be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Did I say they were on the side of the enemy? I said they enable the enemy with their actions.
    But by that same yardstick, neva, the conservative republicans do as well, with "stress" positions, and our jumping blindly into these affairs. Grave errors have been made, and sometimes, the best that you can do is admit you screwed up, and hand the ball to someone more capable of dealing with the situation, because that is apparently not us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Just ask the leader of you liberals, dingy harry. He's already declared that we lost the war! What do you think that did for the moral of our heroic forces in harms way? If that doesn't HELP and EMBOLDEN the enemy, I don't know what does.

Then top that off with that pie faced old ignorant fuck murtha calling our troops rapists and murderers, and there ya go. These stinking liberal pieces of shit do more for our ENEMY than they do for our OWN TROOPS.

Now sit down shut up. Your fifteen minutes of being a fool should be over.
    And what do you think Walter Reed, hired on a no-bid contract by the republican held congress and presidency, did for our troops? Also, what did lying plainly (check any paper that has covered the war since inception of it for that one) to get our troops in the way do to honor them? Next point, What about the repeated "no black sites" ('Oh, you mean those black sites?!'), or Bush's infamous I didn't read the report do for our troops? There's also the repeatedly ignoring his generals, that of course was just a wonderous decision on his part (Again, research any article covering this disaster of a war)

Look, Saddam was a despot, and yes, he needed to get taken down. I am not arguin the point, because yes, there are terrible people in this world, and Saddam has been playing the same stupid punk game with us since we put him into power. He would sit there, declare he's not going the UN's way, and then blithely roll over as soon as someone tried to do something, and then, when we would do something, he would simply hold out till we gave it a rest, and cry, "Victory for Iraq". Now, had that been the stated reason for war, I would have been fine with that, it has nobility to it, and it is something that people both here, and over there, can get behind. But no, we couldn't go at it like men of honor, that's just asking too much for our troops, isn't it?

This war has been mishandled at every level, by BOTH sides, by both liberals and democrats, and so now, we are stuck straddling a civil war that has been coming since Iraq was made a country by the British. Our friends, our brothers, sisters, fathers, and mothers are there fighting and dying, because they were lied to, because those in power, on both sides, again, didn't bother to take the time to investigate.

Japan was our shining moment of nation building, but you see, the difference is that, in Japan, after WWII, they were united as one country standing together, meaning that once they had surrendered, that was it, it was over. Here, there are blood wars that have been going since the foundings of the various sects, and we are only fanning the flames. We are not helping, we are not making it better- it is getting worse, no matter how you care to look at it. We can't pull out, because to pull out would make all hell break loose, and you bet that some jackass is going to go ahead and hit the refineries, and we are screwed. Beyond that, we will be blamed by everyone for it, and rightly so, we made this bed, and now we lie in it. At the same time however, we cannot continue as we have, we cannot continue the fighting as is, but to get back on track, there absolutely has to be a showdown between dems and reps.

I would like to apologize for the tone of this, I got off on a fairly good rant, but alot of that really just needs to be said.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    But by that same yardstick, neva, the conservative republicans do as well, with "stress" positions, and our jumping blindly into these affairs. Grave errors have been made, and sometimes, the best that you can do is admit you screwed up, and hand the ball to someone more capable of dealing with the situation, because that is apparently not us.

And who would that be?

In other words, you want us to: "quit, surrender, give up, run, cry uncle, abandon, yield, relinquish"....what so many have paid a high price for, before it's finished? Need I go on?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

For one, the UN needs to get in the game, which they have not done thus far, allowing lives to be lost so they can sit back and go, "I told you so". Yes, you do need to go on, go on and read the rest of it, not just the part that works as a sound bite.