Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Isn't it like -30 by you too? And yeah, I am a whiny bitch!! LOL And will continue to be when it goes below 32 and above 95!! Kudos to you for taking care of the animals!!!
    Tonight's windchill is that (-25 to -35) but I don't pay much attention to weather other than to know when to take horse blankets off or leave them on or if I need to text my step- brother to plow us out. Oh and if it's warm enough to ride (20 & up with little wind).
    Last edited by KitchenKitten99; 02-22-2015 at 01:21 AM.

2. Thanks sundaydriver thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Those were the good 'ol days! (and yes, Larchmont/Mamaroneck is same town/village)

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

We have about a 1/8th of a inch of snow on the ground and a very light snow falling, and yes schools are closed. My boys who usually are praying for schools to close are all upset, they had their first middle school baseball game this afternoon and now it will have to be rescheduled
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    We have about a 1/8th of a inch of snow on the ground and a very light snow falling, and yes schools are closed. My boys who usually are praying for schools to close are all upset, they had their first middle school baseball game this afternoon and now it will have to be rescheduled
    There is an ice/snow mix on the ground in the Dallas area and pretty much everything is closed. Primarily because no one has all-weather tires and very few people know how to drive in the conditions.

6. Thanks sundaydriver, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hooray, broke the low temperature record for Feb. 24th set in 1948 & tied in 1996 by 12 degrees at -11 at 5:51 this morning. Kicking ass here in the Northeast and celebrating all day.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Just a reminder.

It is still Winter in the Northern hemisphere. The first day of Spring is March 21st.

So, I'm a killjoy? Pragmatic too!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Everyone is talking like this super cold weather is something NEW?

We all have such short memories, and has anyone noticed.

Whenever YOU tell somebody how cold it is where YOU are. They always take such great pleasure in

telling you A LOWER TEMPERATURE, or worst conditions because...EVERYBODY ALWAYS HAS TO BE BETTER.
    Memory's a funny thing.

Wait for a ten degree rise in temperature .. however brief. Then sit back and see a 'Global Warming Is Here Again' thread develop ....

Happily, the UK isn't experiencing extremes in temperature .. it's been a fairly run-of-the-mill winter over here (maybe a bit on the warm side, if anything). We've had a couple of cold snaps - nothing extreme - and now temperatures are ranging between around 8 degrees C in daytime and just above freezing at night. Fairly typical for this time of year.

None of this will be instructive to anyone here, of course. The first sign of any heatwave, even if we have to wait until summer for one (!!!) and the doom-mongers will be in full cry once more.
    Last edited by Drummond; 02-24-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

10. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Memory's a funny thing.

Wait for a ten degree rise in temperature .. however brief. Then sit back and see a 'Global Warming Is Here Again' thread develop ....

Happily, the UK isn't experiencing extremes in temperature .. it's been a fairly run-of-the-mill winter over here (maybe a bit on the warm side, if anything). We've had a couple of cold snaps - nothing extreme - and now temperatures are ranging between around 8 degrees C in daytime and just above freezing at night. Fairly typical for this time of year.

None of this will be instructive to anyone here, of course. The first sign of any heatwave, even if we have to wait until summer for one (!!!) and the doom-mongers will be in full cry once more.

Right you are! I believe, since our pretend president has announced that Global Warming is more dangerous than ISIS, or ISIL. All of us should donate a few ObamaBucks, and buy snow shovels that can be delivered to the WHITE HOUSE.
    And they (shovels) should be marked "GLOBAL WARMING TOOLS".
    So, this is for them.

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Right you are! I believe, since our pretend president has announced that Global Warming is more dangerous than ISIS, or ISIL. All of us should donate a few ObamaBucks, and buy snow shovels that can be delivered to the WHITE HOUSE.
    And they (shovels) should be marked "GLOBAL WARMING TOOLS".
    Good one.

Logically ... if Obama is so sure that 'global warming' is more of a threat than ISIS ... is he therefore guaranteeing that we'll see signs of global warming before any ISIS threat materialises ? If so, any story we hear of any ISIS atrocity (e.g more captive beheadings, say ..) must be bogus, if not preceded by a heatwave in the continental US .....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

14. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Good one.

Logically ... if Obama is so sure that 'global warming' is more of a threat than ISIS ... is he therefore guaranteeing that we'll see signs of global warming before any ISIS threat materialises ? If so, any story we hear of any ISIS atrocity (e.g more captive beheadings, say ..) must be bogus, if not preceded by a heatwave in the continental US .....
    Seems as if there is only ONE REAL WAY Obama will ever dare admit ISIS, or ISIL are a threat, and related to Islamic Terrorists. And sadly...that ONE WAY will probably be when our WHITE HOUSE is attacked, and burned down for the SECOND time in our history.

But then again. With all of the Muslim Brotherhood Protection the Obama's have around them. Maybe they would make Obama their MARTYR, and make Obama watch the beheadings of his two daughters, and Moochell???
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes, I know it gets colder at other places, but I'm not there! My ass is tiring of the snow and cold weather. Knock on wood, at least I don't have to shovel today.

And Gabby, don't you dare come in here and brag about how awesome and warm it is in Huntington. Same for you, Ms. Kathianna in Sedona!! I'm suffering here, have sympathy!!

I bloody HATE cold weather/the winter. In my best whine....I wanna go to Miami!!!

We're expecting a couple of inches of snow tonite....to go with the ice we've already had.

Yuck.

17. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    There is an ice/snow mix on the ground in the Dallas area and pretty much everything is closed. Primarily because no one has all-weather tires and very few people know how to drive in the conditions.

Yes the schools where closed and I agree Gabs, of course if the roads had snow on them that is Today they are calling for snow coming in late in the day ( early evening ) so schools are letting out early, they are calling for 1 to 3 inches and if we do get that much school will be done for the week. We have no real equipment to clear the roads and Gabs you are exactly right folks have no idea how to drive in it, heck if the clouds are white people panic in the winter down here

But on a positive note, the food stores love it, when the weatherman calls for any kind of wintery mix you can't find a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk, people must plan on living on milk and bread.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

19. Thanks Kathianne, sundaydriver thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Yes the schools where closed and I agree Gabs, of course if the roads had snow on them that is Today they are calling for snow coming in late in the day ( early evening ) so schools are letting out early, they are calling for 1 to 3 inches and if we do get that much school will be done for the week.
    This past Monday was the first Monday in my area that school was not canceled due to snow & ice since Jan. 5th. Lotta 3 day weekends for the kids.

On a side note, I can walk across the Delaware River to Jersey.

[IMG][/IMG]
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

21. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

It was -16 here the other day and yesterday was a heat wave, it was -5. I think I will move where it is warmer.... Alaska maybe? 0
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

23. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post
    It was -16 here the other day and yesterday was a heat wave, it was -5. I think I will move where it is warmer.... Alaska maybe? 0
    You know it's cold outside when people are looking to Alaska for warmth!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

25. Thanks PixieStix thanked this post