Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Obama traded five top commanders for one KNOWN deserter. that's TREASON BECAUSE HE --THE OBAMA-- DID SO TO AID THE ENEMY--DISAGREE FINE, BUT I AM NOT AS BLIND ABOUT HIM AS MOST ARE.
    I KNOW HE IS A DAMN TRAITOR. Many vets I talk to say and know it as well.
    Back to the deserter, he deserted in a war zone and he also aided the enemy. Suddenly after his voluntary desertion the enemy set many well timed ambushes ,etc. Even deserters own fellow soldiers noticed this happening and deserter wrote that famous letter--perhaps you should read it. Or at least read and take the words of his fellow comrades in arms over that of Obama, lying leftist media and the government spill. Al those soldiers have been interviewed by Hannity and the truth came out- that Berg-went on his own jihad against our forces. -TYR
    Um, no, he traded 5 prisoners for 1, period. It was a horrible trade, period. That doesn't make it treason, it makes it dead end stupid, sure, but not treason. That's not opinion, Tyr, it's flat objective fact. That's not traitorous, it's just the kind of idiotic decision someone makes who has not been in this shit, who doesn't understand war on a basic level. So either, you're saying he's a megalomaniacal genius (Nothing in his time in the White House suggests a genius IQ, or understanding of how the world actually works beyond the US and Europe), or he's dumber than you've made him out to be, and may just not be a competent war commander.

And by jihad, you mean got captured and imprisoned, doing nothing of any merit for 5 years. Again, that's not treason, desertion, but not treason. You need to learn the difference between the two, because it's sort of important. You're going to run into desertions in any long-term war, especially in the kind we've fought the last 30 years. It used to be that war almost scrupulously avoided cities, with sieges generally ending as soon as the walls were taken. We don't have that anymore, and to compound it, we have an enemy who's central tactic is to force us into killing innocent civilians, alongside using them as human shields and targets. They aim for urban centers. They do this because, despite all the bullshit flying about, the enemy knows we are fundamentally good people. The entire idea of the insurgency is to push troops to their breaking point, so that our own numbers are reduced by our own troops. That tactic is going to have at least a limited success, by sheer nature of our troops' core values.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

2. Thanks Kathianne, CSM, gabosaurus thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Um, no, he traded 5 prisoners for 1, period. It was a horrible trade, period. That doesn't make it treason, it makes it dead end stupid, sure, but not treason. That's not opinion, Tyr, it's flat objective fact. That's not traitorous, it's just the kind of idiotic decision someone makes who has not been in this shit, who doesn't understand war on a basic level. So either, you're saying he's a megalomaniacal genius (Nothing in his time in the White House suggests a genius IQ, or understanding of how the world actually works beyond the US and Europe), or he's dumber than you've made him out to be, and may just not be a competent war commander.

And by jihad, you mean got captured and imprisoned, doing nothing of any merit for 5 years. Again, that's not treason, desertion, but not treason. You need to learn the difference between the two, because it's sort of important. You're going to run into desertions in any long-term war, especially in the kind we've fought the last 30 years. It used to be that war almost scrupulously avoided cities, with sieges generally ending as soon as the walls were taken. We don't have that anymore, and to compound it, we have an enemy who's central tactic is to force us into killing innocent civilians, alongside using them as human shields and targets. They aim for urban centers. They do this because, despite all the bullshit flying about, the enemy knows we are fundamentally good people. The entire idea of the insurgency is to push troops to their breaking point, so that our own numbers are reduced by our own troops. That tactic is going to have at least a limited success, by sheer nature of our troops' core values.
    Thats your opinion and you are welcomed to it. I see treason because I see who and what the obama truly is, you do not because you fail to see that reality.

Again, that's not treason, desertion, but not treason. You need to learn the difference between the two, because it's sort of important.
    As to war, and desertion, he did not get captured--your first error--he went to join the enemy!
    Voluntary capture if you must play that game. Yet its still desertion but he went even further by leaving a letter condemning this nation, the U.S. military and praising the muslim terrorist enemy.

You need to learn the difference between the two, because it's sort of important.
    No, appears you need to learn the difference between the two.. a soldier may desert for a number of reasons that are not treason, as in cowardice, to loot/plunder ,etc. But this dog deserted to go aid the enemy and THAT IS TREASON!
    I agree it is important, a shame that you still think he got "captured" .
    He joined, any action they took after that is irrelevant. They disciplined one of their own , so stop the ad story of how he was treated after he joined. Its wrong and its sickening.
    If I go join a motorcycle club did they capture me? -
    Appears you are buying into the obama thinking too much.
    A gross error like that on your part leads me to think our discussing this is useless and a waste of my time..--Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-30-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

4. Thanks red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

Default CNN: Some Platoon Members Undercut Defense

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/29/politi...oon/index.html

<cite class="el-editorial-source" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: CNN, 'Helvetica Neue', Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 700; color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-size: 18px; line-height: 25.9999198913574px; background-color: rgb(254, 254, 254);">Washington (CNN)</cite>U.S. troops who served alongside Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl on the day he disappeared told CNN that the emerging "whistleblower" defense being prepared for him makes no sense.

...Fidell wrote that the Army's report hedged its bets but "basically concludes that Sgt. Bergdahl did not intend to remain away from the Army permanently, as classic 'long' desertion requires. It also concludes that his specific intent was to bring what he thought were disturbing circumstances to the attention of the nearest general officer."

Those who were there, however, say that these claims are inexplicable.

Shocked because he didn't think Bergdahl would ever admit to leaving the observation post on his own free will; confused because "the nearest base he could report whatever he thought was wrong would be at FOB Sharana."

The platoon was scheduled to leave Sharana later on the very day Bergdahl's disappearance was realized, Sutton recalled. The platoon was to hand over responsibility for the Observation Post to the local Afghan National Police.

"It just doesn't make any sense," Sutton said.

If Bergdahl waited to return to FOB Sharana he could have used a computer at the Morale, Welfare and Recreation center at Sharana "to send out a mass email to whoever he wanted or he could have used to phones to call any news outlet about the misdeeds that we never committed," he said.
    Buetow told CNN that "any person who has ever served in the military and been on a deployment knows how ridiculous this sounds."

There is still much the public does not know about the details of this case...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Just helping to CLEAR this word TREASON up for everyone...

FROM THE US CONSTITUTION:

Article III
    Section 1.

The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good behaviour, and shall, at stated times, receive for their services, a compensation, which shall not be diminished during their continuance in office.
    Section 2.

The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States, and treaties made, or which shall be made, under their authority;--to all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls;--to all cases of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction;--to controversies to which the United States shall be a party;--to controversies between two or more states;--between a state and citizens of another state;--between citizens of different states;--between citizens of the same state claiming lands under grants of different states, and between a state, or the citizens thereof, and foreign states, citizens or subjects.

In all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, and those in which a state shall be party, the Supreme Court shall have original jurisdiction. In all the other cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make.

The trial of all crimes, except in cases of impeachment, shall be by jury; and such trial shall be held in the state where the said crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any state, the trial shall be at such place or places as the Congress may by law have directed.
    Section 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

There have been a large number of desertion cases in the military going back to the Korean War. Including many instances of defection to the enemy. How many of those have resulted in executions?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Thats your opinion and you are welcomed to it. I see treason because I see who and what the obama truly is, you do not because you fail to see that reality.

Again, objective fact, not an opinion. You're using "That's your opinion" as a smokescreen.

As to war, and desertion, he did not get captured--your first error--he went to join the enemy!
    Voluntary capture if you must play that game. Yet its still desertion but he went even further by leaving a letter condemning this nation, the U.S. military and praising the muslim terrorist enemy.

No, seeing as he left no note (Even the military shows no such note existing). Later in this, I have a transcript of his last email to his parents, so we'll get to that, but it doesn't contain anything about joining the enemy.

No, appears you need to learn the difference between the two.. a soldier may desert for a number of reasons that are not treason, as in cowardice, to loot/plunder ,etc. But this dog deserted to go aid the enemy and THAT IS TREASON!

Without his gear? He left behind his weapons and armor, Tyr. How was he going to fight Americans? Vicious retorts? If he intended to switch sides, taking your weapons with you is sort of the first basic step in the process.

I agree it is important, a shame that you still think he got "captured" .
    He joined, any action they took after that is irrelevant. They disciplined one of their own , so stop the ad story of how he was treated after he joined. Its wrong and its sickening.
    If I go join a motorcycle club did they capture me? - \

If you go to join a nice local motorcycle club that isn't hurting anyone, and the Hell's Angels bust in and grab you, then yes, yes you were captured, by the Hell's Angels, a motorcycle club you didn't want to join. You're spinning what was in the note (Which, btw, doesn't actually exist, even according to the military), though he did email his parents about his concerns several times, and talked about how the US Army's treatment of Afghans had disillusioned him, and made him ashamed to call himself an American.

Appears you are buying into the obama thinking too much.
    A gross error like that on your part leads me to think our discussing this is useless and a waste of my time..--Tyr
    So wait, believing that Obama is not a genius is a problem for you? Um, okay, I thought you were against him, but no, you seem to be his most avid cheerleader. What part of his master plan was losing control of the Senate? Or making it more difficult for a Democratic president to be elected next year? What part of his plan was it squandering the first two years of his term, when he had veto-proof majority of both House and Senate? I mean, really, come on, Occam's Razor eventually has to apply somewhere along here.

Now, there is the matter of his last email to his parents:

mom, dad

The future is too good to waste on lies. And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting. [...] [Three good sergeants had been forced to move to another company] [...] and one of the biggest shit bags is being put in charge of the team. [...] [My battalion commander was] a conceited old fool. [...] In the US army you are cut down for being honest... but if you are a conceited brown nosing shit bag you will be allowed to do what ever you want, and you will be handed your higher rank... The system is wrong. I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools. ... The US army is the biggest joke the world has to laugh at. It is the army of liars, backstabbers, fools, and bullies. The few good SGTs are getting out as soon as they can, [...] I am sorry for everything here. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid, that they have no idea how to live... We don't even care when we hear each other talk about running their children down in the dirt streets with our armored trucks... We make fun of them in front of their faces, and laugh at them for not understanding we are insulting them [...] I am sorry for everything. The horror that is america is disgusting. There are a few more boxes coming to you guys. Feel free to open them, and use them.[1]:4
    Notice no mention of joining the enemy. Yes, he's disgusted with Americans and America, but really, with some of the stuff he saw, I wouldn't exactly be feeling the pride, either. The things he is talking about that they did are terrible, but again, no proof of him joining the enemy, or even aiding the enemy, and not even absolute proof of his intent to desert. He did obviously desert his post, but he did not aid the enemy, nor did he join the enemy. We don't even know that he didn't intend to come back.

So again, maybe jumping on the gossip wagon isn't the best way of settling this, and we should go with the actual court hearing by people who are actually investigating this with a clear head? People are already inventing notes and conspiracy theories, and this is why it needs to be handled by military courts.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Tyr. I believe ALL OF US HERE are just as angry as you are.

But, it seems to be destroying you from within.

Tell all of us please? Exactly WHAT can any of us do with that anger?

None of us...not even you, or me, have any power to change what will, or won't happen.

There's nothing wrong with you constantly berating the rest of us. We all know you are angry,

mad, disgusted, pissed off, and damned tired of this crap.

But...why get an ulcer because YOU think you are any more mad, or angry than we are?

You're NOT ALONE, and constantly repeating the same words, day after day here are

appreciated, and we all have the same heart-felt feelings. BUT DAMN MAN. Lighten Up.

Unless you personally can do anything about what the DOD or OBAMA will do. Think about it.

And please, don't come back and scold me for NOT UNDERSTANDING, or NOT FEELING like you.

I gave THIRTY YEARS in uniform to this nation, and all we have to show for it is DISRESPECT and HATRED from the ASSHOLE called Obama.
    So, this is for them.

11. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    So wait, believing that Obama is not a genius is a problem for you? Um, okay, I thought you were against him, but no, you seem to be his most avid cheerleader. What part of his master plan was losing control of the Senate? Or making it more difficult for a Democratic president to be elected next year? What part of his plan was it squandering the first two years of his term, when he had veto-proof majority of both House and Senate? I mean, really, come on, Occam's Razor eventually has to apply somewhere along here.

Now, there is the matter of his last email to his parents:

Notice no mention of joining the enemy. Yes, he's disgusted with Americans and America, but really, with some of the stuff he saw, I wouldn't exactly be feeling the pride, either. The things he is talking about that they did are terrible, but again, no proof of him joining the enemy, or even aiding the enemy, and not even absolute proof of his intent to desert. He did obviously desert his post, but he did not aid the enemy, nor did he join the enemy. We don't even know that he didn't intend to come back.

So again, maybe jumping on the gossip wagon isn't the best way of settling this, and we should go with the actual court hearing by people who are actually investigating this with a clear head? People are already inventing notes and conspiracy theories, and this is why it needs to be handled by military courts.
    Ok, go ahead and call his comrades in arms (soldiers that served with/beside him everyday) liars and malcontents. I'll take the word of brave , honorably serving soldiers over that of obama, the ffing deserter, his muslim father and any dumbass that is gullible enough to defend the ffing piece of shit. Id shoot the bastard myself and not lose a minute of sleep about it. .
    Too bad we can NOT ask those that died trying to rescue a ffing deserter. Believe what you want-
    I am done with this subject with you. -Tyr

See below..

Kelly File
    The Night Bergdahl Disappeared
    Guests:Megyn Kelly

Megyn Kelly entered the No Spin Zone to report on her exclusive interview with six members of Bowe Bergdahl's platoon. "This was a stunning interview," she said. "I asked them about whether he was a deserter, which they all believe he was. I also asked why they have no empathy for him, what they would say to him now, and whether the trade was worth it. I also had them respond to the attacks that this administration and its defenders have unleashed on them. I have yet to see someone who served with Bergdahl come forward to defend him." The Factor reiterated that all evidence suggests that Bowe Bergdahl deserted his unit: "There's a classified report and if that had exonerated him the president would have brought it out."

--------------------------------

Guests:James Carville & Kate Obenshain

The Factor was joined by Democrat James Carville, who defended the five-for-one swap. "The Israelis gave up a thousand prisoners for one soldier," he pointed out, "and we gave up five. We always give up more in these things than we have a different value on human life. I agree these are bad guys, but they have been in captivity for 13 years and the war in Afghanistan is going to be over in 2016." But Republican Kate Obenshain asserted that Bergdahl is almost surely a deserter and the deal should not have been made. "His comrades said he left a note saying he was leaving to start a new life. We gave up five commanders of the Taliban, there is a real problem with releasing these inhumane individuals back into society to prey on Americans and other citizens
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

13. Thanks red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The policy of this country has always been to not leave American soldiers in enemy hands. They should be returned to face justice if they are suspected of desertion.
    I think too many of you are putting a political spin on this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The policy of this country has always been to not leave American soldiers in enemy hands. They should be returned to face justice if they are suspected of desertion.
    I think too many of you are putting a political spin on this.
    Not me, I say the military should judge and then execute the deserter. He deserted and got fellow soldiers killed due to his actions..
    Shoot him.. end of story--justice served.

obama, politics only come up due to the idiotic trade.
    That trade has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence on the desertion charge.
    obama used him as a means to give back those top terrorist commanders. Thats a totally separate issue IMHO. -Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-30-2015 at 08:51 PM.

16. Thanks red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The question I have is: When and WHY would we (or SHOULD we) EVER negotiate with terrorists?!!!

B.O. should have simply allowed the muSLUM skum to hack Berg-doll's head off before EVER letting muSLUM scum killers (proven to be killers) leave GITMO. Truth be known......Berg-doll would have never got his head hacked off because they liked playing footsy-ball with him too much and he was too valuable in how they were able to successfully increase the ambushes and stuff right AFTER his capture. It is a wonder Berg-doll didn't simply do like other muSLUM scum appeasers have done within our military.........................shoot our men while they were sleeping at base or in camp!!!!

WE have a leaning leaning tower of appeasement in OUR White House and it disgusts me to see that we have WAY too many appeasers right here at Debate Policy!
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

18. Thanks Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I would think the life of one American would be worth far more than five slimy terrorist scum. Regardless of the circumstances.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I would think the life of one American would be worth far more than five slimy terrorist scum. Regardless of the circumstances.
    At least you give ISIL a path to get all their prisoners released at an exchange rate of 5 to 1. Maybe they can build a base in Juarez and get a ready supply of exchange hostages in El Paso.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

21. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

GABBY. So tell us HOW PROUD you are to be supporting, and appeasing ISIS, or ISIL as you sit there in Californication hoping nobody bothers you, or your ignorance?
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

WOW one American that walked away from his post to join forces with a enemy that wouldn't except him ( Hmmm Kind of like you libs that think if ya stand up for the thugs and blame all their misdeeds on society and stand with the Muslims all because y'all think it is politically correct ) will find out someday. These folks are laughing at your lily white asses as you march with them and protest with them and when the shit hits the fan y'all will be the first causalities. This guy was and always will be a traitor, now I agree he is back let the Military do their thing, but we never should of risked not one American life to even look for him, let alone give them 5 high ranking prisoners to get him back.

Now I seen a question of when should we ever negotiate with terrorist and the answer is NEVER, and if Obama wasn't on their side we wouldn't of now either, The US has always said we dont negotiate with terrorist !!
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

24. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, red state, LongTermGuy thanked this post