Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
We've creeped left, and if you saw my rant in the other thread, you'd see how I feel about the holdouts that didn't vote. But they don't call themselves "libertarians". They call themselves disaffected conservatives.

The GOP HAS TO appeal to the moderate voters. Whoever gets the moderates and centrists usually wins. Hard-line conservatives got their heads up their butts about that regardless reality.

Jimmy Carter was a HUGE shift left. Obama another huge shift left. The further you get from what got you here and the more into entitled thinking, the further left you go. The history of humanity is the same. Those that are hungry fight for what they want and to keep it. Then the pussies move in and huddle in cities under the proection of others and have no clue what it is to fight for something, To be hungry. Sleep in the cold and/or rain. And their idealistic stupidity brings about their downfall because they forgot where they came from and the wimps legislate the strong that gave them even a life out of power.

Now, am I speaking of the Greek, Roman, or British empire(s)?
I think that you could be speaking of British Libertarians who became hungry for power, saw (realised) the truth that real power lay in numbers, and so formed their Leftie Trade Unions, defying the State whenever they could craft a case for doing so !

The 'huge shifts left' under Carter and Obama both occurred courtesy of DEMOCRAT Leaders arranging it !! I come back to my objection: did they embark on those lurches, independently of their Party, OR, was it all mapped out in manifesto commitments and discernible Party agreements ?

I think the truth about the Dem Party is that it truly IS a hard-Left Party, that manages to sell itself as something more moderate ... until an Obama figure proves otherwise.

Over here, over generations, we've had so-called 'inalienably correct' standards dripfed into peoples' consciences. The 'gay' issue is one ... just a generation ago, it was unthinkable to consider 'gay marriage' as anything acceptable ! Least likely to ever support such a thing was our Conservative Party.

A generation later, with Leftie sensibilities drilled into everyone, and it's now the Conservative Party that supports it !!!!