Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    A bunch of alpha males that comprise most of the Marine Corps?

I'll say it again... IF Medal of Honor winners were gay, no one knew it. They were military FIRST.

THESE gays are gay first. If you aren't Marine first and keep your private life at home where it belongs, then I don't want you.

Openly gay people screw up unit cohesion which is built on trust, and that's how people die. I don't want to lose even ONE Marine because someone wants to openly flaunt their aberrant sexual behavior.
    Gunny. Another case where I have to agree with you. When someone...anyone throws numbers at me related to MOH winners, and our military. I want proof. Not that I doubt them. But, if the shoe was on the other foot. I would be soundly told to PROVE it.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    What if he was really cute?

Had one of those. He came out of the closet, mostly because he didn't want to go on float. I had to waste two of my Marines' time for 4 days while they processed him out of the Corps. It wasn't that anyone was worried about what he'd do. We had to put chasers (basically guards) on him to protect him from the other Marines.

Too much disruption.

And I guess by "cute" you mean a pretty boy? I prefer the big ugly ones that can hump their own gear AND ammo.
    Last edited by Gunny; 06-16-2015 at 01:38 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    15 to 20% of the Population is Homosexual my friend....

The percentages dont change with Military service.
    About 5% is.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

My Friend... My Godfather was a United States Marine (a 1st Lt.), He was a Wall Street Head Hunter, He is also Gay.

There have been Gays in the American Military since the Revolution.

There have to be quite a few that won the CMOH.

The percentages say so....

there have been 3507 winners of the CMOH

if 10% of the Population is gay in this country that equates to 350 winners.

Numbers dont lie... the are at least a couple hundred that have won it..
    Yes, numbers DO lie; especially, when they are based on the agenda of WHO is compiling the stats.

And to correct you: the proper term is Medal of Honor. There is no "Congressional" in there.

Be that as it may, the number of MOH recipients who may or may not have been gay is irrelevant. No one knew who they were. As it should be. This is about flaunting being gay. Nothing more nor less. Just another attack on the majority by the aberrant minority. Everything about this country now supports the tyranny of the minority rather than the will of the majority. This is just another example.

AT is absolutely right on this one. You have to live it to understand it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Screw it! I forgot. Everybody MUST always be right about everything.
    Forget it. This stuff is really pissing me off anymore. NOBODY is allowed to say anything about anything because EVERYBODY is an EXPERT in stuff they MUST always be right in, or ELSE.

I quit.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Medal of Honor Recipient: Gays Should Serve

In another five years,’ Thomas G. Kelley was saying yesterday, ‘I doubt this will be an issue. Remember, in 1948, people blasted Harry Truman for integrating the military. They said mixing blacks and whites could never work.
    As it turned out, the military was ahead of the rest of society on that issue. On this issue, the military is years behind.’
    Kelley, who is secretary of the Massachusetts Department of Veteran’s Services, a naval officer and a Medal of Honor recipient in Vietnam, had followed coverage of testimony on the ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy last week before the Senate Armed Services Committee.
    ‘No matter how I look at the issue,’ Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the committee, ‘I cannot escape being troubled by the fact that we have in place a policy which forces young men and women to lie about who they are in order to defend their fellow citizens. . . . Allowing gays and lesbians to serve openly would be the right thing to do.’

Shortly after Mike Mullen spoke his mind, Kelley sent his friend an e-mail congratulating him for articulating the view Kelley has held for more than 20 years.
    ‘Admiral Mullen was honest enough to say that he’d served with homosexuals since 1968,’ Kelley said. ‘It was the same for me, when I was commanding a ship more than 25 years ago. There was no secret about who was gay . . . and it didn’t matter. What mattered was that they were good sailors, trustworthy and reliable people you could depend upon.’
    Like so many others, Kelley believes the resistance to scuttling ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’ falls largely along generational lines. The older the soldier, the harder to let go of outdated stereotypes and caricatures that don’t apply.
    ‘You hear this nonsense about gays threatening unit cohesion,’ Kelley said. ‘The real threat to that kind of cohesion, that sense of family, is when people are forced to acknowledge a lie. You have to be able to trust the soldier precisely for who he or she may be. That’s the only way cohesion takes place. It’s called integrity.’

The article is from 2010. Still says something useful

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanLiberal View Post
    In another five years,’ Thomas G. Kelley was saying yesterday, ‘I doubt this will be an issue. Remember, in 1948, people blasted Harry Truman for integrating the military. They said mixing blacks and whites could never work.
    As it turned out, the military was ahead of the rest of society on that issue. On this issue, the military is years behind.’
    Kelley, who is secretary of the Massachusetts Department of Veteran’s Services, a naval officer and a Medal of Honor recipient in Vietnam, had followed coverage of testimony on the ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy last week before the Senate Armed Services Committee.
    ‘No matter how I look at the issue,’ Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the committee, ‘I cannot escape being troubled by the fact that we have in place a policy which forces young men and women to lie about who they are in order to defend their fellow citizens. . . . Allowing gays and lesbians to serve openly would be the right thing to do.’

Shortly after Mike Mullen spoke his mind, Kelley sent his friend an e-mail congratulating him for articulating the view Kelley has held for more than 20 years.
    ‘Admiral Mullen was honest enough to say that he’d served with homosexuals since 1968,’ Kelley said. ‘It was the same for me, when I was commanding a ship more than 25 years ago. There was no secret about who was gay . . . and it didn’t matter. What mattered was that they were good sailors, trustworthy and reliable people you could depend upon.’
    Like so many others, Kelley believes the resistance to scuttling ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’ falls largely along generational lines. The older the soldier, the harder to let go of outdated stereotypes and caricatures that don’t apply.
    ‘You hear this nonsense about gays threatening unit cohesion,’ Kelley said. ‘The real threat to that kind of cohesion, that sense of family, is when people are forced to acknowledge a lie. You have to be able to trust the soldier precisely for who he or she may be. That’s the only way cohesion takes place. It’s called integrity.’

The article is from 2010. Still says something useful
    One opinion. That MOH gives his no more weight than anyone else's.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I don't doubt your Godfather was a Marine. I never said gays weren't in the military.

As for the CMOH. Show me. That's all I asked. You say percentages say so. Show me. Please.
    How will that even be possible... the Military only has allowed open practice for a year or so...

a low estimate of the percentage of gay men has always been set around 10% to 12%. If you add in Bi-Sexual it increases to about 20% of the population.

We will never have a count of who was gay and who wasn't. The Military would have executed them or imprisoned them up until a few years ago. You know full well that Gays would have been assaulted, beaten or killed if they were found out.. It happened on board ships all the time.

We have to take it on faith that out of 3507 winners.... Some of them were Gay.

The Military has Never been 100% Straight.. Gays have always served.. Von Steuben proved that during the Revolution. But because he was a Prussian and a Paid Mercenary he could be Gay.

I can probably give you one of the First.... Dr. Mary Edwards Walker, United States Army

Citation:
    Whereas it appears from official reports that Dr. Mary E. Walker, a graduate of medicine, "has rendered valuable service to the Government and her efforts have been earnest and untiring in a variety of ways," and that she was assigned to duty and served as an assistant surgeon in charge of female prisoners at Louisville, Ky., upon the recommendation of Major GeneralsSherman and Thomas, and faithfully served as contract surgeon in the service of the United States, and has devoted herself with much patriotic zeal to the sick and wounded soldiers, both in the field and hospitals, to the detriment of her own health, and has also endured hardships as a prisoner of war four months in a Southern prison while acting as contract surgeon; and

Whereas by reason of her not being a commissioned officer in the military service, a brevet or honorary rank cannot, under existing laws, be conferred upon her; and

Whereas in the opinion of the President an honorable recognition of her services and sufferings should be made:

It is ordered, That a testimonial thereof shall be hereby made and given to the said Dr. Mary E. Walker, and that the usual medal of honor for meritorious services be given her.

Given under my hand in the city of Washington, D.C., this 11th day of November, A.D. 1865.

Certainly a transvestite and assuredly a Lesbian...
    Last edited by Voted4Reagan; 06-16-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

How will that even be possible... the Military only has allowed open practice for a year or so...

a low estimate of the percentage of gay men has always been set around 10% to 12%. If you add in Bi-Sexual it increases to about 20% of the population.

We will never have a count of who was gay and who wasn't. The Military would have executed them or imprisoned them up until a few years ago. You know full well that Gays would have been assaulted, beaten or killed if they were found out.. It happened on board ships all the time.

We have to take it on faith that out of 3507 winners.... Some of them were Gay.

The Military has Never been 100% Straight.. Gays have always served.. Von Steuben proved that during the Revolution. But because he was a Prussian and a Paid Mercenary he could be Gay.

I can probably give you one of the First.... Dr. Mary Edwards Walker, United States Army

Citation:
    Whereas it appears from official reports that Dr. Mary E. Walker, a graduate of medicine, "has rendered valuable service to the Government and her efforts have been earnest and untiring in a variety of ways," and that she was assigned to duty and served as an assistant surgeon in charge of female prisoners at Louisville, Ky., upon the recommendation of Major GeneralsSherman and Thomas, and faithfully served as contract surgeon in the service of the United States, and has devoted herself with much patriotic zeal to the sick and wounded soldiers, both in the field and hospitals, to the detriment of her own health, and has also endured hardships as a prisoner of war four months in a Southern prison while acting as contract surgeon; and

Whereas by reason of her not being a commissioned officer in the military service, a brevet or honorary rank cannot, under existing laws, be conferred upon her; and

Whereas in the opinion of the President an honorable recognition of her services and sufferings should be made:

It is ordered, That a testimonial thereof shall be hereby made and given to the said Dr. Mary E. Walker, and that the usual medal of honor for meritorious services be given her.

Given under my hand in the city of Washington, D.C., this 11th day of November, A.D. 1865.

Certainly a transvestite and assuredly a Lesbian...

I have to ask you the very same question. "How can you be sure?"

And I will quote your words here: ( "I am sure that a fair number of CMOH recipients are Homosexual.")
    How, and why would anyone say that if..."they have no way to be sure?"
    Last edited by aboutime; 06-16-2015 at 07:46 PM.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I have to ask you the very same question. "How can you be sure?"

And I will quote your words here: ( "I am sure that a fair number of CMOH recipients are Homosexual.")
    How, and why would anyone say that if..."they have no way to be sure?"
    Because... just the numbers alone indicate that it has to be true. The law of probability proves this.

You cant flip a coin 3507 times and have it come up the same way every time. Initially the odds are 50/50 heads or tails. Probability dictates that a percentage have to have been homosexual.

Even if only between 5% and 12% of the Population is homosexual, it stands to Mathematical reason that a certain percentage of those winning the award were indeed Gay. That translates to between 175 and 400 people out of 3507 were Gay/Bisexual or Lesbian.

It is basic Mathematical Principle my friend... Probability alone proves this. You can refute the premise based on not being able to Identify individual names. But the Numbers prove that it has to be true.

Your argument is based on a Negative truth. Mine is based on an affirmative. Mathematics proves mine. You can't prove a negative truth my friend.