Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    She Fought the cop, Kicking and trying to elbow him. She did kick him in the leg. A Felony.
    Point out in the video where "She did kick him in the leg".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The cop asked her to extinguish the cigarette, she chose not to. THAT is what escalated the situation. He was wrong.

From what I've heard and read, he was going to issue a WARNING, after the cigarette incident the situation whole issue became a power of wills.

The cop was wrong, they are held to a higher standard and in this case, she wasn't out of line. A jerk? Certainly. So was the cop.

I see more of a anti-smoke cop than racist. He also has a bit of power trip problem. He should be gone.
    They ask you to extinguish the cigarette because it can be used to injure the officer if a person chooses to flick it in the cops face or some other part of the officer. It is not unreasonable to ask her to do so. He asks because it is for HIS protection.

3. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

As a legally appointed public servant if he requests you to do something... you do it. You don't act belligerent and argumentative thus escalating the situation. If you want to argue the offense... DO IT IN COURT
    No. No. No. Nobody is required by law to obey EVERY request a cop makes. Do some research on that and I think you'll change your mind. That should be obvious on its face.

Once again... when an officer tells you to do something, you do it. Had she not been argumentative and belligerent, Put out the cigarette, Listened to the officer explain the warning to her and just complied with his request... she would have been on her way and all would have been okay in her world. She verbally confronted him, refused a dozen requests he made to put out the cigarette and get out of the car and finally exited the vehicle when threatened with non-lethal force. The more you argue with an officer the more likely he is to become suspicious that you are doing something.
    You're talking about being polite - NOT within one's rights. Any cop that looses his/her cool - ESPECIALLY over something to STUPID as a cig, needs to be OFF the force.

No.. she instigated it by refusing a Lawful order on a dozen occasions and then assaulting the officer and resisting arrest. She was the architect of her own problems.
    Except she didn't refuse any lawful order because he cannot issue a legal order for her to put out her cig. He started this.

NO.. The cop was polite and was just going to issue a warning. He did his job. Nothing shameful about it. We get it DMP... you dont think cops have a right to tell you what to do.
    Unpolitely pulling somebody over for a bullshit reason, then freaking-the-fuck out because she refused a REQUEST (nothing lawful about that) means the cop needs to be fired. He told the world he can't handle people nor stress.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

They ask you to extinguish the cigarette because it can be used to injure the officer if a person chooses to flick it in the cops face or some other part of the officer. It is not unreasonable to ask her to do so. He asks because it is for HIS protection.
    Dude. That's a SERIOUSLY weak-sauce argument. C'mon now.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Not so. I actually called my bro and asked.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Sandra Bland, a foul-mouthed black woman, was arrested on July 10 by police after what could have been a simple traffic warning. She committed suicide three days later in her jail cell. She was there because no one cared enough about her to bail her out ($500).
    The reason Sandra Bland was still in jail three days after being arrested was that she hadn’t posted the $5,000 bond that had been set for her by a Waller County, Texas judge. Posting that bond would have required Bland to come up with $500—10 percent of the full sum—in exchange for her freedom. According to a lawyer for the Bland family, they were working on securing the necessary funds when Bland was found dead in her cell on the morning of July 13.
    article

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

any time I have been pulled over I have been asked to extinguish the cigarette and I have complied.

What is so difficult in complying with what the officer tells you?

It's a cigarette... just put it out if he asks

10. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

That's some nice effort on your part.
    Last edited by tailfins; 07-27-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

any time I have been pulled over I have been asked to extinguish the cigarette and I have complied.

You're right in terms of polite - but not in terms of law. That's the point. Same way if the officer asked to search my car - I ALWAYS say no. Always. Because it's my right to refuse to comply.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You're right in terms of polite - but not in terms of law. That's the point. Same way if the officer asked to search my car - I ALWAYS say no. Always. Because it's my right to refuse to comply.
    It's not only your right; it's in your best interest. Permitting a cop to search your car leaves you no recourse if they break something.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

He didn't tell, or order etc. he asked, she then asked why he asked.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

One needs to look further into this subject before forming an opinion. Unless you already have a strong dislike of black people, of course.

Sandra Bland was driving toward her new employer, Prairie View A&M University. The police officer in question passed her going the opposite direction. The officer then proceeded to make a U-turn in the middle of the road and speed up until he was on her tail. Bland then changed lanes to get out of his way, which is the law in Texas. You have to give way to emergency vehicles.
    The officer then pulled her over for an "unsafe lane change." Which was the first of his many incorrect actions. Which included several threats, including one to "light her up" with a taser.

I normally defend police officers. But this is blatantly wrong. And in line with other events in Waller County, Texas, which has a history of racial misconduct.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Sandra Bland was driving toward her new employer, Prairie View A&M University. The police officer in question passed her going the opposite direction. The officer then proceeded to make a U-turn in the middle of the road and speed up until he was on her tail.
    So, he was on her case from the getgo...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I would have also, but it's not the law and he was wrong.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    He didn't tell, or order etc. he asked, she then asked why he asked.
    So she was being argumentative. Needlessly so.

The cop no doubt expects people to show him, and the authority he represents, a measure of respect, and of deferral. She did nothing of the sort. She was argumentative throughout.

What evidence did she show the cop that she was willing to comply with anything he said ? Noir, not even our police would tolerate continued resistance to their requests, and well you know it. The more that happens, the nearer the individual comes to experiencing action taken by the police involved.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

19. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post