Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    Patton was right. we should have backed the Nazi and exterminated you mongoloid Russian bastards

here mongoloid. your food is ready
    I get where you're coming from.

Even so, being on the Nazi side .. quite apart from, if it had ever happened, its making you enemies of the British, and friends of those who'd mercilessly bombed London .. would have inevitably involved your backing the 'people' who arranged the Holocaustal slaughter of six million Jews. Not the best of allegiances, I'd have thought.

I don't think siding with Japan's allies would've been a great move, either, come to think of it ...
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I get where you're coming from.

Even so, being on the Nazi side .. quite apart from, if it had ever happened, its making you enemies of the British, and friends of those who'd mercilessly bombed London .. would have inevitably involved your backing the 'people' who arranged the Holocaustal slaughter of six million Jews. Not the best of allegiances, I'd have thought.

I don't think siding with Japan's allies would've been a great move, either, come to think of it ...
    your right. it was far better to fight a cold war for years as well as globally and allow communism to spread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I believe you respect candid language ? Blunt expression ? OK, I've something to offer you which you can show some respect for.

Balu, I'm sure you won't choose to remember, or acknowledge, this truth. But the TRUTH is that the Soviet Union was allied to Hitler's Germany at the outset. This arrangement only changed because Hitler reneged on it. Stalin, by his own choice, DID NOT.

Indeed, he was reported as being shocked by Hitler's turnaround. At first, he even refused to believe it.

Stalin changed sides, Balu, because he had no realistic choice in the matter. Now, in consideration of this, Balu, do you really not think that the Americans showed you a truly remarkably extent of generosity ??

How did you repay that generosity, Balu ? By creating Cold War conditions, that's how !! By hiving off the Soviet Union, erecting your barrier(s) to the West, and building a nuclear arsenal intended either to equal or be better than the one the Americans were forced to have, to DEFEND against you !!

And then there was Cuba. The siting of nuclear missiles so close to American territory that any attack couldn't, by the technologies existing in that age, have been reacted to in any useful time at all. Russia created FIRST STRIKE conditions, obviously intending the worst extreme of belligerence possible.

We in the West saw, and were appalled by, the ruthless Russian moves not only to create its Empire, not only to convert whole countries and economies into effectively 'slave drones' serving Mother Russia's interests, but how you moved to crush dissent. I've cited examples: Hungary, 1956; Czechoslovakia, 1968; and your Empire's new addition, Afghanistan, in 1980. Twelve year gaps, then you became belligerent, almost as though according to a preset expansionist, consolidating agenda.

Americans believe in freedom. You believe in crushing it, and ruthlessly. Little wonder that Ronald Reagan dubbed you the 'Evil Empire' !!

So, Balu -- drop the 'We have a right to be offended and to expect better from the West' routine .. it doesn't wash. Your country shuns true friendship, and your chance at that, by maintaining a level of belligerence that civilised and decent conduct can never call for.

You COULD change all of that, if you invest time and effort to do so. You CHOOSE not to.

It's up to you, on your side, to show us once and for all that you can really, genuinely, be a trusted friend. Proof of that would win you friendship. But lack of it cannot help but earn you its very opposite.

Your country has done much to create these conditions. It seems no less than reasonable to expect it to do much to reverse them.

Showing Ukraine that you'll respect her freedoms and leave her alone would be a definite start.

What do you think, Balu ? Are my words falling on deaf ears ??
    NO one was more surprised than Stalin. He thought he and Hitler were going to divide Europe. They even DID divide Poland and the Latvian states.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

Patton was right. we should have backed the Nazi and exterminated you mongoloid Russian bastards

here mongoloid. your food is ready
    Dude, you sound like me when I fall off the wagon. It's not worth it. Let it go.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

your right. it was far better to fight a cold war for years as well as globally and allow communism to spread.
    So, you think that allying yourself to Britain's enemies would've been preferable ?

What about Hitler's concentration camps ? What about Auschwitz ? You'd ally yourself to a power that ran extermination camps, and think that to be acceptable ?

Here's a thought .... let's say you'd aided Hitler's forces, in exactly the way you suggest. The effect on Germany's position would've been to free up some of Hitler's resources, make it easier for him to devote less to the effort of fighting Russia.

So, what do you think he'd have done with those extra freed-up resources ?

Increased efforts to exterminate Jews, perhaps ? Would your intervention on his side have meant history recording not SIX million dead Jews, but, say, EIGHT MILLION ? NINE MILLION ? MORE ?

Would you have been content to see history record the United States of America as being a country that helped facilitate racially-motivated genocide ?

That's just one scenario. Others can be imagined. With his newly-available resources, what if he'd decided to launch another attack elsewhere ? Say, against Britain, succeeding in overrunning us, and expanding his hold on European territory. He already had the Channel Islands. Why not move westwards, instead of concentrating everything he had eastwards ?

[Perhaps, had your preference become historic fact, I'd be communicating with you today in broken English, with German as my first, 'natural', language ?]

.. and, here's a thought for you ... with more victories, and more territory taken thanks to your helpful input, he'd have gained more resources, expanded his power base. HE'D ALREADY BETRAYED RUSSIA. WHY NOT, WHEN YOUR USEFULNESS WAS ENDED, BETRAY YOU ... MAYBE, EVEN ATTACK YOU, WITH THE HELP OF HIS OTHER ALLIES, YOUR ENEMIES, THE JAPANESE ??

Stalin learned not to trust Hitler. Why would YOU choose to, with that lesson to be learned ?

LATE EDIT .. AN AFTERTHOUGHT.

History records that Hitler's scientists had looked into the possibility of creating their own nuclear bomb. Unless I'm much mistaken, didn't they have their own heavy-water producing facilities ? What if some of the effect of your making things easier for Hitler had been to help his Third Reich get its own atomic bombs ?

Would Nazis with A-bombs have been something GOOD for the world ? Or not ? What if, years hence, with a smashed Russia, the nuclear Superpowers had become America and the expanded Nazi Empire ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 08-13-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!