Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The point is, Jim and I will argue about anything. We're still around. It's like having a little brother. I can kick the crap out of him and pull every mean trick in the book on him. Don't you though. That's exclusive property.

I should point out Jim has banned John and Jeff more times than he has me.
    I hope you don't treat your friend Snyder that way!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    You should stop feeding that three bean salad your guests won't eat to your dog.
    Okay, that's gross. Funny, but gross.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    You should stop feeding that three bean salad your guests won't eat to your dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Okay, that's gross. Funny, but gross.
    Is "three bean salad" something vulgar that I don't know about?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Opinions about Trump as a fairly un-Presidential Presidential candidate aside, I am not sure that all women deserve better, more sensitive treatment, than men these days. Yes, there are still many individual women who deserve to be treated very respectfully (and men, too). But if we are going to be foul-mouthed, dress like hookers, participate in cage fights, or full-on attack TV debaters, we are no longer delicate flowers in need of cosseting. Basic human respect, yes. But anything special, no. And frankly, that is the way feminists should want it in order to not be hypocritical.
    I kind of agree. What I noticed about living in both North and South and being from the South, we -- especially people of my generation -- still hold doors open and seat the little lady at the table and other stuff like that -- we're different people. No one wants to accept that. For instance, I had an acquaintance on this board for years ...

She used to mow the lawn, snowblow the driveway and (egads) even cook on the grill. They'd line up in the South to kick your ass for watching a woman do ANY of that crap. ANY man in South that lets a woman on the BBQ is replacement worthy. And you better be working 18 hour days if she's on the lawn mower.

Not sure about the "delicate flower" thing but you're still women. Another difference people with an agenda don't want to recognize.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    From Kath's link. Be still my heart!
    It seems Trump is now 'this close' to rule out 3rd party run-for now, from what he told GOP. Then he went on to 'hedge':

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/2...n-independent/

Report: Trump tells GOP leaders he won’t run as an independent

POSTED AT 8:01 PM ON AUGUST 26, 2015 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

Finally, some Trump-related news that fans and critics can each celebrate. If you’re a fan, a third-party run was always going to be an exercise in narcissism destined to fail. If you’re a critic, you’re far better off trying to stop Trump in the primaries and accepting the small risk of him winning the nomination than you are having him go indie and creating a huge risk that he’ll torpedo the GOP nominee’s chances in the general. No one wins with Trump going third-party — not Trump, not populists, not the establishment. The only winner is Clinton 2.0.

If you believe HuffPo, the man’s made his choice. We can trust Donald Trump to be true to his word, can’t we?

Roger Ailes thought he had a deal with Trump too, noted one GOP operative, until he turned around and started attacking Megyn Kelly again. Like I said yesterday, the silver lining for critics in Trump’s soaring polls is that the more convinced he is that he has a legit chance at the GOP nomination, the less reason he has to leave the party and play impish spoiler...

Then again, unless he really does win the nomination, we’re destined for several “What destructive form will Trump’s anguish over his ego-smashing impending defeat take?” news cycles regardless. That’s why I keep thinking that unless he’s way ahead in one or more of the early states come New Year’s, he’ll find an excuse to drop out and spend the rest of the campaign sniping at the GOP field from the sidelines, assuring everyone that he would have won if only he’d hung around. The Trump brand can’t absorb the risk of humiliating public defeat to someone from a group of people he’s already dismissed as losers and phonies.

Update: Hugh Hewitt asked Trump about the HuffPo story this afternoon. He agreed that the GOP’s been treating him fairly and says he’ll fully commit to the party “at some point.” Hmmm.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It seems Trump is now 'this close' to rule out 3rd party run-for now, from what he told GOP. Then he went on to 'hedge':

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/2...n-independent/
    They don't get it. Hit pieces that this ^ make people pull for Trump even harder.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    They don't get it. Hit pieces that this ^ make people pull for Trump even harder.
    Anything that isn't pro-Trump is a hit piece?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

The link refers to a failed Trump attempt to gain the nomination as "impish spoiler", "embittered clown", "sniping".... Yes, it was a hit piece.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    The link refers to a failed Trump attempt to gain the nomination as "impish spoiler", "embittered clown", "sniping".... Yes, it was a hit piece.
    Read it how you will, I notice you didn't answer how long is 'too long?'

A few ill chosen words define hit piece for you, yet extensive use of hyperbole doesn't bother you much from what you've posted of late. I suppose we all do hear what we want to, to some extent at least.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Read it how you will, I notice you didn't answer how long is 'too long?'

A few ill chosen words define hit piece for you, yet extensive use of hyperbole doesn't bother you much from what you've posted of late. I suppose we all do hear what we want to, to some extent at least.
    It's all yours. I will not respond to nor post any further Trump-related links or data.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Did you think otherwise? Usually anything that isn't pro-conservative is a "hit piece."