Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
    Saddam didn't want weapons inspectors in because he wanted to implant in the Iranians that he had a WMD so Iran wouldn't invade. If he let weapon inspectors in then the cat would be out of the bag and Iran would invade.

NO WMD were ever found in Iraq. Not one. If anyone, for whatever reason, believes that WMD were found, please post a link.

Bush said,

"But what wasn't wrong was Saddam Hussein had invaded a country, he had used weapons of mass destruction, he had the capability of making weapons of mass destruction, he was firing at our pilots. He was a state sponsor of terror. Removing Saddam Hussein was the right thing for world peace and the security of our country."

And now we all live in peace???
    I am a cop. I know you have a meth lab in your basement. I will be over to your house in two months and prove you have a meth lab in your basement. I will let you know the exact date I will be over to your house. I fully expect to find meth in your house.

2. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

And I love how the left doesn't blame Obama at all for the current state of Iraq. As if pulling hundreds of thousands of troops out had no effect. ISIS controls parts of the country we fought for with life and limb, thanks to Obama. One hell of an affirmative action curve the left is using.

4. Thanks Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I am a cop. I know you have a meth lab in your basement. I will be over to your house in two months and prove you have a meth lab in your basement. I will let you know the exact date I will be over to your house. I fully expect to find meth in your house.
    You're more than welcome to, I don't have a basement.

6. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    And I love how the left doesn't blame Obama at all for the current state of Iraq. As if pulling hundreds of thousands of troops out had no effect. ISIS controls parts of the country we fought for with life and limb, thanks to Obama. One hell of an affirmative action curve the left is using.
    I'm unaware of anything positive that Obama has achieved. He appears to be the usual, "Fine words butter no parsnips" type of guys, but I can only go by the news on this side of the world.

8. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Saddam didn't want weapons inspectors in because he wanted to implant in the Iranians that he had a WMD so Iran wouldn't invade. If he let weapon inspectors in then the cat would be out of the bag and Iran would invade.
    The Iranians were fully aware that he had them. That's because Saddam had already used them against them during their war.

NO WMD were ever found in Iraq. Not one. If anyone, for whatever reason, believes that WMD were found, please post a link.

Emmm...

Nonnie, did you read my post to you? I gave you a map where they were found and diverse, reputable links as well.

Look back in this thread and read up. There are thousands of news articles reporting on the WMDs found in Iraq, I only gave you the barest tip of the iceberg.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Thanks Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    The Iranians were fully aware that he had them. That's because Saddam had already used them against them during their war.

Emmm...

Nonnie, did you read my post to you? I gave you a map where they were found and diverse, reputable links as well.

Look back in this thread and read up. There are thousands of news articles reporting on the WMDs found in Iraq, I only gave you the barest tip of the iceberg.
    Yes, I did read it, I have charcoal, sulfur and potassium nitrate at home but does it mean I have a bomb (gunpowder). Iraq had 1.77t of enriched plutonium. No one found any nuclear bombs.

Experts from the three nations failed to document any existent biological or nuclear weapons and discovered only a few random chemical weapons. The ISG concluded that contrary to what most of the world had believed, Iraq had abandoned attempts to produce WMDs. In his congressional testimony, the head of the ISG, Charles Duelfer, admitted, "We were almost all wrong" on Iraq.

So if no official body found any WMD, then the map of Iraq you posted simply has chickenpox and no more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

It's as I said, isn't it, folks ? The British are totally resistant to any suggestion that WMD's were in Iraq after all, and that some had been found. This is because, certainly in the UK, the news blackout on this was total.

Yes, I did read it, I have charcoal, sulfur and potassium nitrate at home but does it mean I have a bomb (gunpowder). Iraq had 1.77t of enriched plutonium. No one found any nuclear bombs.

Experts from the three nations failed to document any existent biological or nuclear weapons and discovered only a few random chemical weapons. The ISG concluded that contrary to what most of the world had believed, Iraq had abandoned attempts to produce WMDs. In his congressional testimony, the head of the ISG, Charles Duelfer, admitted, "We were almost all wrong" on Iraq.

So if no official body found any WMD, then the map of Iraq you posted simply has chickenpox and no more.
    OK, Nonnie, here are links you'll refuse to believe. The last one, of a 2-page declassification of a wider Intelligence document, I can assure you has been in existence, accessable from the Internet, ever since 2006. I know this because that's when I first saw this myself. It's definitely bona fide, and an American Senator, in late June, 2006, held a press conference to disseminate the news to the world.

The news agencies represented in that conference decided, nearly universally, NOT to proceed with that story.

The news blackout in the US wasn't total. In the UK, it was (after all, in 2006, the Left governed us, as they did throughout that period). Nonetheless, since the Internet is 'world wide', sadly for the censors, this material remains accessable. So -- here it is.

http://www.mrc.org/press-releases/mo...ound-iraq-2003

Since the fall of Baghdad in April 2003 there have been thousands of news stories declaring as fact that there were no weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in Iraq. A typical media example comes from CBSs Ed Bradley, who said on 60 Minutes April 26, no weapons of mass destruction surfaced in Iraq.

However, a partially declassified Army National Ground Intelligence Center report confirms that since 2003 U.S. forces have discovered more than 500 shells of ordinance containing sarin or mustard gas, i.e., WMD. It is now a definitive fact that there were WMDs in Iraq, and that Saddam Hussein lied to the world when he said Iraq had no WMD.

This information was disclosed at a Wednesday, June 21, press conference held by Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA) and Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-PA), chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

To date, some of the top media have refused to report this story. They include:

CBS Evening News
    CBS The Early Show
    ABC World News Tonight
    ABC Good Morning America
    ABC Nightline
    NBC Today
    Los Angeles Times
    USA Today

To date, some of the top media that have downplayed or dismissed the findings include:

CNN: Quoted Democrat Jane Harman, nothing new here, and weapons inspector Charles Duelfer that the ordinance did not constitute an ongoing WMD program.
    NBC Nightly News: One senators new claim that weapons of mass destruction have been found.
    MSNBC Countdown: They are WMD: weapons of minor discomfort.
    New York Times: headline, For Diehards, Search for Saddam Hussein's Unconventional Weapons Isn't Over
    Washington Post: Democrats criticize claim on Iraqi arms.
    Associated Press: probably are so old they couldnt be used as designed
    Knight Ridder Newspapers: no new evidence
    Ironically, the one news agency that reported the facts and quoted from the declassified report was the French Agence France-Press. It noted that the weapons could be sold on the black market and use of these weapons by terrorists or insurgent groups would have implications for coalition forces in Iraq. The possibility of use outside Iraq cannot be ruled out.

Experts agree that the WMD discussed in the report are older weapons, not new ones generated in the late 1990s, but they do nonetheless constitute WMD. As Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said: They are weapons of mass destruction. They are harmful to human beings. And they have been found. Therefore, no one can now honestly claim there were no WMD in Iraq and the media must correct the record.
    From the date of the Press Conference itself ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/06...d-in-iraq.html

The United States has found 500 chemical weapons in Iraq since 2003, and more weapons of mass destruction are likely to be uncovered, two Republican lawmakers said Wednesday.

"We have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, chemical weapons," Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., said in a quickly called press conference late Wednesday afternoon.

Reading from a declassified portion of a report by the National Ground Intelligence Center, a Defense Department intelligence unit, Santorum said: "Since 2003, coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent. Despite many efforts to locate and destroy Iraq's pre-Gulf War chemical munitions, filled and unfilled pre-Gulf War chemical munitions are assessed to still exist."
    And now, the declassified pages which Santorum released (which I first viewed, years ago ..) ..

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/...es/iraqwmd.pdf
    Last edited by Drummond; 09-06-2015 at 08:06 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

13. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yeah. Just unless you're one the unlucky few they target. As long as it doesn't happen to you, right?
    Well, to be fair, the leftists , dems , muslim terrorists and other assorted trash all have their shills spouting crap all over the Internet.
    Hallmark trait with such shills is its not to be worried about if it has not happened to THEM!!!-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

15. Thanks Drummond, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sadly, I believe blogs and opinions are not evidence.

The Chilcot report will put to rest the propaganda from both sides of the table.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pressure cooker bombs are classed as WMD !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Pressure cooker bombs are classed as WMD !!
    Place them strategically within the civilian masses and loaded with high explosives and in some sense they are......-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

While they did have uranium, I'm relatively sure Saddam never had plutonium... that's weapons-grade material and a big no-no.

We can thank Israel for Iraq's lack of nuclear potential... of course they'd still have materials but no way to make use of it.

Remember when the French thought it would be a good idea to build Saddam nuke facilities? Israel didn't think it was a good idea and removed it with F-15s and F-16s.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/3014623.stm

By definition, Chemical Weapons are considered a WMD.

We found over 5,000 of them in Iraq, and a large percentage that went elsewhere - Syria - and undoubtedly many more hidden that were never found. It's hard to locate things buried out in the desert.

Many of our troops who handled the Chemical Weapons were injured from them and were treated for it.

It is common knowledge that there were WMDs present, we removed what we found and it's all documented. I'm puzzled as to how you can read the links I provided you along with the map and still say there weren't any there. But that's your choice if you refuse to accept well documented facts, of course.

If you read the StratFor link I gave you, you'll see what Saddam's game plan was. He did shut down his WMD programs, but failed to give up his stockpiles while the hapless UN inspectors chased them all over the country like some kind of slapstick comedy. He intended to wait out the sanctions, believing them to last no more than 3 years, and then resume when things cooled down. He grievously miscalculated the resolve of the UN members trying to keep a madman in check, who had demonstrated many times his willingness to invade other countries, commit genocide against his own subjects and most alarmingly, using WMDs whenever he felt like it. This is all documented and historical fact.

Anyway... I'll not waste your time and mine if you wish to believe there weren't any WMDs contrary to what the facts are.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

21. Thanks jimnyc, Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Place them strategically within the civilian masses and loaded with high explosives and in some sense they are......-Tyr
    Was the Boston bomber charged with using WMD?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

Anyway... I'll not waste your time and mine if you wish to believe there weren't any WMDs contrary to what the facts are.
    I had read somewhere that the chemicals found were out of shelf life. Those chemical agents found, last anywhere between 2 to 3 years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

There were TONS of chemical weapons that were accounted for by UN inspectors. Then Saddam tossed them out. 3 years later they returned and these chemical weapons were GONE. TONS of them. Even the UN inspectors called them out for this and stated they were in material breach.

I agree, they weren't ever found. TONS <--- that's a LOT.

A lot of other weapons WERE found. I am not going to go searching for links again, as I have a sneaky suspicion they will be denied as actually being WMD's. But hell, it was even announced recently that ISIS found stockpiles of Saddam's chemical weapons. No matter WHAT is posted it's always shrugged off by liberals and they state it's not WMD's, or that it's too old.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

25. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post