Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Typical example of your low comprehension factor indago.
    Another SNIVEL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I worked for city gov't and have attended memorials and work in the preparations memorials for LEOs so don't take my lack of commentary on police deaths as "ignoring".
    Personally I don't see much memorializing of LEOs on the board here. IMO there deaths seem to be used more as political wood here so I choose not to add to that kind of conversation.

But do you mind quoting those on the board that you say have been finding "excuses when cops are shot"?
    Also I wonder why you ...or maybe it's others.... never comment on the times when LEOs are praised in this thread either.
    WTF is a "LEO"? Sounds like a zodiac sign to me.

Let's cut to the chase: I look at shooting a cop like shooting a Marine. While there are those that abuse their authority, most of us are there to serve and protect.

Why don't you try getting your politics out of my Marine Corps AND the police force? That would work like a charm and free us up to do our damned jobs.

Cops are stuck writing tickets to make money for the city/county/state. It's as simple as that. How about they get to go after real criminals? Novel idea?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    WTF is a "LEO"? Sounds like a zodiac sign to me.
    Law Enforcement Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Why don't you try getting your politics out of my Marine Corps AND the police force? That would work like a charm and free us up to do our damned jobs.

"Jes' doin' mah job!"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    Law Enforcement Officer

"Jes' doin' mah job!"
    Miss my earlier post? Cops ain't on my list. I can't stand them. They have a job t do. I an=m and always have been against their excessive use of force. Been a victim of it. But you can't just put the ones they show on TV out for sensationalism.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Another SNIVEL

Love it when the TRUTH bites you, and you call it Snivel. Name calling is just so...Liberal of you. And it allows you to avoid putting yourself in any position where you might Honestly answer.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

7. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

From The Associated Press 29 September 2015:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Touched by the plight of a homeless man forced to walk several hours a day to his job, a Kansas police officer stepped up with a gesture that brought the man to tears. Roeland Park officer Zack Stamper says he was just doing his job last week when he gave Samuel Meixueiro a bicycle to ride to and from the man's work as a liquor store cashier. Stamper threw in a duffel bag to replace Meixuero's suitcase, which had a broken zipper.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

article

9. Thanks Nonnie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Love it when the TRUTH bites you, and you call it Snivel. Name calling is just so...Liberal of you. And it allows you to avoid putting yourself in any position where you might Honestly answer.
    It is difficult to answer to a SNIVEL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Do You Know...There are Far More professional and honorable Peace Officers than there are rogues? I'd gauge it at 98% good. Humans are not 100% good...None of Us!

Why is it only the bad ones get the publicity? Rarely Do the ones that Serve, Protect, and Defend get the Huff-Po headlines. I guess honest serving is not an important topic for liberal rags.

Do You know...every time a Cop straps on his belt, wears his badge and goes to duty, that he is a target? And, that he has a family that hopes he comes home alive after each shift, not knowing what kind of idiot he might face in his 12 hour shift?

Do You Know...that some cultures in this USA teach their kids to disrespect Peace Officers, Firefighters, or any symbol of authority? Even we Coasties get that - and My mission is Search and Rescue! Why do Black urban adults, married or unmarried, Hispancic urban adults, married or unmarried, demonstrate to their offspring defiance of law?

There is the problem↑

In the UK, our media and TV programmes tend to focus on the negative aspects of American police officers. So they tend to be seen as authority crazy, gun tooting law enforcement vigilantes. That's just my view from someone on the outside looking in.

12. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's what they call "Suicide by Cop"! Plain and simple. But of course. The narrow minded only see the cops shooting.
    So let me get this straight, at worst, rather than two officers shoot a guy about 8 times for running at them with a knife big enough to sharpen pencils, why not 1 bullet to the leg?

Or better still, are the police not man enough to tackle a guy by hand? To me, that video just highlights how dreadful that policing incident was handled.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
    So let me get this straight, at worst, rather than two officers shoot a guy about 8 times for running at them with a knife big enough to sharpen pencils, why not 1 bullet to the leg?

Or better still, are the police not man enough to tackle a guy by hand? To me, that video just highlights how dreadful that policing incident was handled.
    Never been under duress, huh? First, cops can't shoot worth sh*t. Shooting a piece of paper ain't the same a real time.

You have NO idea how fast a firefight happens. You ain't just copping a leg. I'm going center mass. You can marginalize their weapon all you want but it will STILL kill others. I could take you out with the pencil and leave the knife home.

You stand there with some whackjob running at you with a weapon, I know what I'm doing. I ain't waiting on no cops to investigate how I got murdered.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Gunny says he would go for center mass, and that's exactly how they are trained - to shoot center and for the most mass. Cops aren't going to shoot for legs or hands. The only time they will go to only disable is if they are using a taser, but they aren't using a taser against a knife.

As for minimizing the size of a weapon - I saw many videos this year alone of ISIS cutting off heads, and rather quickly, with nothing more than small pocket knives. I've also seen stories/videos of people dying from fairly small stab wounds in the torso area that hit vital organs. Not something I would want to take a chance with.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the UK, our media and TV programmes tend to focus on the negative aspects of American police officers. So they tend to be seen as authority crazy, gun tooting law enforcement vigilantes. That's just my view from someone on the outside looking in.
    I think that description is a little over the top but it's not entirely inaccurate. More than one person in this thread has said that most cops are good but it's the bad ones that get the publicity. I don't think most of them are good. I think there are some good ones, there are some bad ones, but most of them are ethically ambiguous. There's a reason these stories gain traction and it's not abused minorities, it's the fact that many people have problems with what the police have become whether they're out beating people or just writing people up for minor offenses knowing full well that the punishment will far outweigh the seriousness of the crime.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Journalist J. David Goodman wrote for the New York Times 29 September 2015:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Adrian Schoolcraft, a New York City police officer who secretly recorded his superiors at his Brooklyn precinct and disclosed the manipulation of crime reports, will receive $600,000 as part of a settlement reached with the city on Tuesday over his arrest and forced hospitalization. The federal suit, which included allegations of a quota system at the Police Department, rampant misconduct in the taking of crime reports and a culture of retaliation against whistle-blowers, was filed in 2010 and had been about to go to trial.

...The settlement does not cover portions of the suit involving Jamaica Hospital and two doctors in its psychiatric ward who treated Officer Schoolcraft against his will. That case is set to go to trial next month.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Journalist J. David Goodman wrote for the New York Times 29 September 2015:
    Adrian Schoolcraft, a New York City police officer who secretly recorded his superiors at his Brooklyn precinct and disclosed the manipulation of crime reports, will receive $600,000 as part of a settlement reached with the city on Tuesday over his arrest and forced hospitalization. The federal suit, which included allegations of a quota system at the Police Department, rampant misconduct in the taking of crime reports and a culture of retaliation against whistle-blowers, was filed in 2010 and had been about to go to trial.

...The settlement does not cover portions of the suit involving Jamaica Hospital and two doctors in its psychiatric ward who treated Officer Schoolcraft against his will. That case is set to go to trial next month.

article
    Give the cut n paste crap a rest and say something. You're as bad as the MSM. All you present is one side.
    Last edited by Gunny; 10-03-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Still waiting for indago to finally admit how much hatred and contempt indago has for cops.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !