Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    Do you think their lawsuit will get anywhere?
    I have no idea. It is unclear what caused the officer to shoot the victim. There is not enough information presented for us to make a judgment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Odd, that almost every criminal that gets shot - their family states they are complete angels who can never do any wrong. No, not any story in general, just many of them. Michale Brown was a little kid who was also lovable and an angel - at least a few minutes before he committed strong armed robbery and then tried to steal a gun and shoot a cop. What an angel.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    I have no idea. It is unclear what caused the officer to shoot the victim. There is not enough information presented for us to make a judgment.
    From the article:
    Frost later wrote in an investigative report that the teen knocked him to the snowy ground and repeatedly punched in the head. "I felt as though I was going to lose consciousness and made the decision to shoot my attacker," Frost wrote in the report supplied to The Associated Press by Guilford family attorney Cynthia Heenan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

From the article:
    I had read the article and did not see what you posted. I still don't see it. But if the victim was fighting with police, then all bets are off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    I had read the article and did not see what you posted. I still don't see it. But if the victim was fighting with police, then all bets are off.
    POSTED

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Do You Know...There are Far More professional and honorable Peace Officers than there are rogues? I'd gauge it at 98% good. Humans are not 100% good...None of Us!

Why is it only the bad ones get the publicity? Rarely Do the ones that Serve, Protect, and Defend get the Huff-Po headlines. I guess honest serving is not an important topic for liberal rags.

Do You know...every time a Cop straps on his belt, wears his badge and goes to duty, that he is a target? And, that he has a family that hopes he comes home alive after each shift, not knowing what kind of idiot he might face in his 12 hour shift?

Do You Know...that some cultures in this USA teach their kids to disrespect Peace Officers, Firefighters, or any symbol of authority? Even we Coasties get that - and My mission is Search and Rescue! Why do Black urban adults, married or unmarried, Hispancic urban adults, married or unmarried, demonstrate to their offspring defiance of law?

There is the problem↑
    The cop-haters don't know and don't care. They also don't know that they are being used (useful idiots) by the radical left to further the leftist agenda.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Lots of folks "posting a video"

Lots of folks "cut n pasting"

And what do we get from you...

Grow up!
    You get
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    The cop-haters don't know and don't care. They also don't know that they are being used (useful idiots) by the radical left to further the leftist agenda.

the problem is Police defenders take every comment on a bad police incident or a bad police policy as evidence of HATERED or dislike or ALL police.
    No matter HOW MANY times to clearly point out that most police i most areas have good in intent and are honorable and should be honored for volunteering to do a crappy job.

many defend POLICE as a group and seem reluctant to admit and investigated or even discuss the BAD APPLES or the BAD Polices or the BAD groups of cops hidden among the good ones.

it's ALL blanket knee jerk defense and calls to -stop talking about bad police because the police are good!-

this use to really bother me but I have THEORY now why people do this.
    No offense to any here but I think it's just a matter of lazy or short hand thinking. thinking that crosses over to other groups as well.
    It's just EASIER for people to think about people in groups. so they do.

think about police
    Police =GOOD.
    so when someone says a SPECIFIC cop is bad it short circuits a basic BELIEF.
    it's hard to actually work though the details of dealing with the 2-15% of bad police ruining people's lives on a regular basis if you imagine that POLICE = GOOD.

i'd guess similar thinking goes with:
    U.S. soldiers/military =GOOD
    Democrats = BAD
    America = GOOD
    Iran = BAD
    fill in the blanks yourself
    Muslims = ?
    Illegals = ?
    Mexicans = ?
    Blacks = ?
    Roman Catholics =?
    Republican = ?
    Christians =?
    Native Americans = ?
    Oil Companies = ?
    Politicians = ?

The last one there is Politicians.

Now i suspect that if there were a thread about politicians that listed their crimes few would be upset unless its focus was partisan.
    we all Accept that politicians commit crimes and do wrong from time to time. They are human..just like police right?
    But we all know that many politicians especially at the local and state levels are sincere and want to do a good job as well.
    but we don't get our Draws in Wad if someone points out a criminal acts of SPECIFIC politicians or even nest of bad politicians working together to make money on some project or something.
    it's just part of being vigilant citizens and HOLDING officials accountable.

that ALL I ever and I suspect Indigo intends here.
    Open honest Accountability.

If that translate into some people's mind to "hate of all police", or a liberal agenda well your wrong. and i'm sorry you don't get it.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

11. Thanks indago thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You get
    Oh, I see you got a response from Kimberly A. Crawford and S. Lamar Sims, Esq., writing to them about their stupid report and giving YOUR interpretation — "waving a gun at cops" — insisting that YOURS is the correct one. Why am I NOT surprised...

But thank you for posting it here for all to see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Woman see cop using what appears to her to be excessive force starts to film it then the cops takes her phone stomps on it and "touches" her a few times.

"If he's done nothing wrong" why was he mad? right?
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-18-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

14. Thanks indago thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

(just so it doesn't get lost in the other thread)

Former good Cop (he was fired for exposing bad police) tells what he experienced with quotas. And suggest better ways to detect and deter crime.
    he also mentions the police practice of arresting people for P.O.P.s
    that's the crime of Pissing Off the Police.

<object class="restrain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="385" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJLh3KlUHS4?version=3&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfc fcf&feature=player_embedded" id="yui-gen0" style="clear: both;"></object>
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-18-2015 at 01:04 PM.

16. Thanks indago thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Oh, I see you got a response from Kimberly A. Crawford and S. Lamar Sims, Esq., writing to them about their stupid report and giving YOUR interpretation — "waving a gun at cops" — insisting that YOURS is the correct one. Why am I NOT surprised...

But thank you for posting it here for all to see.
    I'm just hoping I die a quicker death than this thread. This is like being a cancer victim.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Well, police brutality has reached a new low...

From The Associated Press 19 October 2015:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    OFFICER ACCUSED OF BITING MAN'S TESTICLE NO LONGER ON FORCE
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

article

19. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Soon we'll be longing for the good ol' days when the cops just bang you on the head with a truncheon...

21. Thanks revelarts thanked this post