Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red state View Post
    If our leaders let us down.....as some in the War Between the States, we are pretty much "tied". Yes, we can fight to the end but that is to the END not new beginnings. WE need a Washington of GREAT character and whether we get HELLary (God forbid) or Trump (God forbid), we can only strive to SLOW down the inevitable.

As for a bow.....archery is GREAT for hunting but we'll need our GUNS when a 'last stand' is eminent. Speaking of which, if you can send me an Bodock stave (which are more common WEST of the Mississippi) or some 'horse apples' off of it, I make exceptional bows (in my humble opinion) and have plenty of wild turkey feathers and cedar shafts for arrows. Heck, if you'll PM me, I'll show tip you on how to do this easily with only a bushblade....which I also make. I'm too cheap to buy stuff and I've always enjoyed making my own stuff; even made a cross-bow once with my own trigger/saftety mechanism that was better designed than some store-bought ones I've seen.

In short, I hope it doesn't come to sicks & stones but I fear that with the re-election of a ONE-B.O., we've seen our demise. I'd like to be more optimistic but, as a REALIST, I always try to call it as I see it. We can now be called a "PAGAN nation".
    Wood, string and arrow, been killing game and men for thousands of years.
    Best bow wood is Yew or Osage Orange. Has reliability, longevity/durability and speed.
    Bamboo is much faster but much more fragile, maple, hickory and red elm are good.
    In survival arena, making a simple bent stick and stringing it with spliced and twisted tree roots works well iffin ya been taught how to do so and know where to get the raw material..
    My grandfather was Native American taught us such things but I always let my older brother make 'em cause my love was in shooting them. And shooting em better than he ever could-- which burned him up to no damn end!
    Say redstate, I was shooting my very heavy , custom made,Tom Cole bow about two weeks ago. I know with my pulling at 31 inches, anchoring old English at my earlobe , I must have been at about 85 pounds(bow rated at 76 lbs 28 inch)! Still managed to shoot a dozen arrows at that weight before it affected my shooting.
    OLDER BRO COULD ONLY SHOOT IT ONE TIME. LOL
    AFTER THAT, I LET HIM USE MY 65 POUNDER..
    I kept calling him puny ...- --TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What is "bodock" and what region does it grow in? I live in Northern NM currently. Got enough indian reservations around here to kill a clock. If I wanted a bow and arrow I could get them. I want to know how to make them. I'm a chess player and look past the "next battle". I'm hell on wheels with a sword and knives, but they aren't good for hunting. Since I don't own my own lead and sulphur mines, I'm thinking past the firearms.

What people don't look at is if "you lose EVERYTHING" can you survive? As I said somewhere, first asshole gets in my way loses his weapon and his ammo. But if I have to haul the family out and make sure they get dinner, I need to be able to hunt with something more than a k-bar strapped to the end of the stick. Works good in movies. I'm thinking not so much in real life. And there ain't no damned place to fish around here.
    Yeah, I have, LITERALLY 1,000's of self-loaded 30.06 rounds with military powder (when old Slick Willie and Janet tried to cut that avenue off). A bow and the knowledge to make them would indeed come in handy when supply runs short.....and they will. Still, what you have to count on is in others NOT gaining this knowledge, cuz as you said, a kabar tied to a stick does not make the best hunting tool and if EVERYone and their momma could kill game, we'd all SOON be out of game. HA!!! The bad thing is if you were good enough to hunt, grow and forage for a living.....you better damn sure be able to protect it cuz EVERY tom, dick and Sally......and their momma will be after what you've got!!!!!

If you are asking me if I could survive....the answer is YES.....that is (IF) I wanted to under extreme circumstances. If it is bad enough and for whatever reason, I've lost all of my friends, family and hope for a better tomorrow......I'd just as soon go on Home to be with them in the afterlife.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

4. Thanks Perianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red state View Post
    Yeah, I have, LITERALLY 1,000's of self-loaded 30.06 rounds with military powder (when old Slick Willie and Janet tried to cut that avenue off). A bow and the knowledge to make them would indeed come in handy when supply runs short.....and they will. Still, what you have to count on is in others NOT gaining this knowledge, cuz as you said, a kabar tied to a stick does not make the best hunting tool and if EVERYone and their momma could kill game, we'd all SOON be out of game. HA!!! The bad thing is if you were good enough to hunt, grow and forage for a living.....you better damn sure be able to protect it cuz EVERY tom, dick and Sally......and their momma will be after what you've got!!!!!

If you are asking me if I could survive....the answer is YES.....that is (IF) I wanted to under extreme circumstances. If it is bad enough and for whatever reason, I've lost all of my friends, family and hope for a better tomorrow......I'd just as soon go on Home to be with them in the afterlife.
    Not too worried about the "every Tom, Dick and Sally" part. I got THAT one down pat. I was just considering an alternative to a firearm for hunting because a firearm will let every Tom, Dick and Sally know where you are. It also conserves your ammo for when you might need it most.

Might sound a little harsh, but I actually don't hunt. I know how to track and hunt PEOPLE. Just trying to rewire the gears a bit, and simplify the weaponry. Stealth is key. Haven't seen a good silencer for a .308 YET.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Not too worried about the "every Tom, Dick and Sally" part. I got THAT one down pat. I was just considering an alternative to a firearm for hunting because a firearm will let every Tom, Dick and Sally know where you are. It also conserves your ammo for when you might need it most.

Might sound a little harsh, but I actually don't hunt. I know how to track and hunt PEOPLE. Just trying to rewire the gears a bit, and simplify the weaponry. Stealth is key. Haven't seen a good silencer for a .308 YET.
    OOh, so Legolas!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks Elessar, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There no be draft again but if there is women should no be drafted. They should only be in military voluntary.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.

Sun Tzu

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    There no be draft again but if there is women should no be drafted. They should only be in military voluntary.
    If there's not going to be a draft again, then why have people register?

And you can come out of the closet, whoever the f- you are. There's not even a language translator as ignorant as you're speaking.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

If there's not going to be a draft again, then why have people register?

And you can come out of the closet, whoever the f- you are. There's not even a language translator as ignorant as you're speaking.
    Still trying to figure that one out HUH Gunny

Hell I had to register back when I was 18, I have no idea why they want you to register, I figured back then the draft was on it's way back.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I bet someone like you would be found dead defending the interests of the political elite
    Was Churchill part of political elite?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    How about everyone is equally not forced to draft.
    We can all dream of whatever utopias we can conjure up. But war is here to stay. Question is when it comes and we run out of volunteers, should draftees be exclusively male?

14. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Still trying to figure that one out HUH Gunny

Hell I had to register back when I was 18, I have no idea why they want you to register, I figured back then the draft was on it's way back.
    Someone we know using an IP mask and trying his ass off to not give himself away. Problem is, he's trying TOO hard. Obvious as Hell trying to not give himself away. Translators speak in complete sentences. Now, if you got a 2 years old backwards assed, ADD Captain Caveman translator, let me know.
    Last edited by Gunny; 11-05-2015 at 04:08 PM.