Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I have just been notified that my 9th grade daughter has a date on Saturday. Not a "meet up with other kids" thing or a "let's go to homecoming" occasion.
    A real live date where the guy (an 11th grader) comes by to pick her up and take her out for the evening.

I am officially terrified.
    Have to meet dad to date MY daughter. And I do the "official terrifying".

Don't you worry a tad about this .45 I'm cleaning boy. What time you bringing the princess back?
    Last edited by Gunny; 11-07-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Well, that was certainly unexpected.

The parents of the guy who is taking out my daughter tonight called this morning and asked my husband and I over to their home for lunch. So we went over and met them.
    They were quite a proper duo, very (to my husband's pleasure) Republican. The husband works in offshore oil and gas exploration. They were rather suspicious of us, so I allowed my husband to do the majority of the talking.
    They have not yet met our daughter. Which is probably for the best.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Your brave, I didn't let any of my kids start going on single dates until they were 16. Group dates and parents dropping them off at the movies or where ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Your brave, I didn't let any of my kids start going on single dates until they were 16. Group dates and parents dropping them off at the movies or where ever.
    My dad tried that. My ever rebellious sister just went out without telling anyone.

I allowed it starting this year. Providing that we get to meet the guy first. This is actually the first non-group date she has been on.
    I don't feel near as anxious after meeting the guy. He put up a good front, but my husband could tell the poor guy was petrified. Probably had an upsetting prior experience dating some Marine dad's daughter.
    He was very polite and respectful. He has a 10 pm curfew, so I didn't bother asking when they would be back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    My dad tried that. My ever rebellious sister just went out without telling anyone.

I allowed it starting this year. Providing that we get to meet the guy first. This is actually the first non-group date she has been on.
    I don't feel near as anxious after meeting the guy. He put up a good front, but my husband could tell the poor guy was petrified. Probably had an upsetting prior experience dating some Marine dad's daughter.
    He was very polite and respectful. He has a 10 pm curfew, so I didn't bother asking when they would be back.
    Nothing you can do. Raised my daughter as a single parent. The only deal I got was because her period was irregular (and horrible) I got her put on the pill. I ran with that excuse like I was OJ.

Can worry all you want and they're going to do what they're going to do. Just like WE did.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke