Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Trump is the frontrunner and he is anti-establishment. All those named have an incentive to denounce Trump.

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    They have all those same drives on other issues too right but Do they all disagree with everything trump says Tyr?
    no.
    But this particularly bad idea everyone has a serious problem with.
    so yeah it should be looked at pretty close before swallowed.

what does Dick Chenney have to gain Tyr?
    is he running too? is he PC?
    Charles Krauthammer?
    You're more intelligent than that.
    The rub of this is that while saying Trump is full of it, (which I agree with), they fail to acknowledge the reasons the 'plan' is attractive to many, (even 45% of Democrats.) At this late date, it amazes though not surprises me that the political class is so clueless.

People are not 'afraid' they are angry that the threat isn't being addressed seriously. They've been showing this in the polls and also by their votes over and over. They want action-they'll take anyone who SAYS action will be taken, even if put out with little thought.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

They have all those same drives on other issues too right but Do they all disagree with everything trump says Tyr?
    no.
    But this particularly bad idea everyone has a serious problem with.
    so yeah it should be looked at pretty close before swallowed.

what does Dick Chenney have to gain Tyr?
    is he running too? is he PC?
    Charles Krauthammer?
    You're more intelligent than that.
    Said as you ignore the over 20 million Americans that agree with Trump on most of his statements and an even higher number of Americans that support him!

I'd say-- come on now , you are smarter than that...
    Discounting millions and millions while citing a couple high profile names(to impress) . And Cheney is a Bush guy! Do you think he supporting the younger Bush might be a factor in his condemnation!??-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

6. Thanks Drummond, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The rub of this is that while saying Trump is full of it, (which I agree with), they fail to acknowledge the reasons the 'plan' is attractive to many, (even 45% of Democrats.) At this late date, it amazes though not surprises me that the political class is so clueless.

People are not 'afraid' they are angry that the threat isn't being addressed seriously. They've been showing this in the polls and also by their votes over and over. They want action-they'll take anyone who SAYS action will be taken, even if put out with little thought.
    Human nature.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Said as you ignore the over 20 million Americans that agree with Trump on most of his statements and an even higher number of Americans that support him!
    I'd say-- come on now , you are smarter than that...
    Discounting millions and millions while citing a couple high profile names(to impress) . And Cheney is a Bush guy! Do you think he supporting the younger Bush might be a factor in his condemnation!??-Tyr
    A lot of people followed Obama as well. Doesn't make them right.
    Just like a Bizzaro Obama theDonald says things that push the right buttons for many. But people are reacting out of "anger" and "deep respect" for islam IN GNERAL. Which is not the specific enemy. It's factions WITHEN it that have to be the narrow target gov't wise.
    But people's "anger" and "deep respect" make it hard not to be lazy and try and separate the chaff from the wheat when it comes to terrorism.

Now after i make a comment like that often folks rush in and say I'm missing the BIGGER picture of Shria etc.
    NO, that's an aspect of islam but it not always linked to terrorism or violence. .Those Muslim's in Dearborne Michigan haven't killed anyone. (but each others to my knowledge) But they are using their numbers to effect the local laws... But even there the local council has managed to keep Sharia out. In the U.S. they are like the communist, or fascist politicians and promoters. Do we ban them? or do we defeat it at the polls? Do we make communism illegal to speak of in public. Look, yes these ideologies are dangerous. and those with neg political agenda should be watched but the tools you use to deal with bad corrosive peaceful political movements are different than those you use to stop terror attacks. Part one is we promote and MAINTAIN OUR OWN and Religion and Constitution and believe they are right and strong enough to withstand the minority threat.

We just don't piss on everyone with a habib.
    And we should't make the problem appear WORSE than it really is.
    Less than 100 deaths in the U.S. since 911 from muslim terrorist. That HAS TO BE acknowledged as REAL. To do otherwise and to pretend that every muslim is a potential 911 is just plain stupid.
    sorry it just is.

people are upset with those that don't acknowledge the good police but somehow ..because of "anger" and "deep respect"... don't want to remember of all the Muslims that are working next to them, in the military, on the police force, at day cares, working in kitchens, heck i use to have an old Mercedes and my Mercedes repair shop owner was muslim. maybe he put a bomb in my car right? you can't be to sure right? I only think that because i'm "angry" and out of "deep respect" of course.

before we wonder if my car repairman is a terrorist should we have MORE info than he's muslim?
    does "anger" at and "deep respect" of muslim terror mean people are justified in promoting BAD knee jerk "solutions".
    or effectively having a political riot because they

conservatives often comment on how Liberals act on their FEELINGS unhinged from reality. Well in this case whose running on overheated irrational emotions?
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-12-2015 at 12:52 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Lindsey Graham
    .@Realdonaldtrump has gone from making absurd comments to being downright dangerous with his bombastic rhetoric.

He’s putting at risk the lives of interpreters, American supporters, diplomats, & the troops in the region by making these bigoted comments

Dick Cheney
    "I think this whole notion that somehow we can just say no more Muslims, just ban a whole religion goes against everything we stand for and believe in," Cheney told Hewitt. "I mean, religious freedom's been a very important part of our history and where we came from."

If Lindsey Graham and Dick Cheney say Trump is extreme you know there's a problem.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told the Washington Examiner that the United States must combat terrorism "but not at the expense of our American values."

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican, said Trump's proposal was "not conservatism." Republicans also warned that if Trump is the nominee, his stance could hurt in a general election against Democrat Hillary Clinton.

"Donald Trump is Hillary Clinton's Christmas gift wrapped up under a tree," Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina said on Twitter.

"Unfortunately, Trump is leaning into the kind of fear of progress that very well could help him win the nomination," Huma Abedin, a top aide to Clinton, said in a fundraising email declaring her own Muslim faith.

The reaction from abroad was largely one of outrage. French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said on Twitter, "Mr Trump, like others, is feeding hatred and misinformation."

A spokeswoman for British Prime Minister David Cameron called Trump's comments "divisive, unhelpful and quite simply wrong." A group started a petition to revoke Trump's honorary degree from Robert Gordon University in Scotland.

A spokesman for United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon rejected Trump's comments, and Muslims in Pakistan and Indonesia also denounced him.

Read more at Reutershttp://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-defense-idUSKBN0TR1KY20151208#3bCQl03yywzmmXHK.99

Bernie Sanders
    Every candidate for president needs to do the right thing & condemn @Realdonaldtrump's statement.
    The U.S. is a strong nation when we stand together. We are weak when we allow racism and xenophobia to divide us. cc: @realDonaldTrump

Jeb Bush
    Donald Trump is unhinged. His "policy" proposals are not serious

CHRIS CHRISTIE: Again, this is the kind of thing that people say when they have no experience and don’t know what they’re talking about. We do not need to endorse that type of activity, nor should we. What we need to do is to increase our intelligence capabilities and activity both around the world and in the homeland.

Carson
    Everyone visiting our country should register and be monitored during their stay as is done in many countries. We do not and would not advocate being selective on one’s religion.
    Didn't like the other thread same topic so you thought you'd start another> Or is it that as usual, you think you have something more important to say than the rest of us?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

What a bunch of hooey.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~