Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Des Moines Register-Cruz's Crushing Lead

I don't know about Iowa's being a bellweather, but I do expect some anti-Cruz rhetoric from Trump anytime now:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...lead/77199800/

<section id="module-position-OpZLEJPGz9Q" class="storytopbar-bucket story-headline-module story-story-headline-module" style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 22.4px;">'Big shakeup' in Iowa Poll: Cruz soars to lead

</section><section id="module-position-OpZLEJPoAWE" class="storytopbar-bucket priority-asset-module story-priority-asset-module" style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 22.4px;"></section> Jennifer Jacobs, jejacobs@dmreg.com

5:05 p.m. CST December 12, 2015

Seven weeks from the caucuses, Ted Cruz is crushing it in Iowa.

The anti-establishment congressional agitator has made a rapid ascent into the lead in the GOP presidential race here, with a 21 percentage-point leap that smashes records for upsurges in recent Iowa caucuses history.

Donald Trump, now 10 points below Cruz, was in a pique about not being front-runner even before the Iowa Poll results were announced Saturday evening. He wasted no time in tearing into Cruz — and the poll — during an Iowa stop Friday night.

Ben Carson, another "Washington outsider" candidate, has plunged 15 points from his perch at the front of the pack in October. He's now in third place.

"Big shakeup," said J. Ann Selzer, pollster for The Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics Iowa Poll. "This is a sudden move into a commanding position for Cruz."

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Well that didn't take long:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/11/politi...-iowa-ethanol/

Donald Trump launches first attacks against Ted Cruz

By Theodore Schleifer, CNN

Updated 3:17 PM ET, Sat December 12, 2015 | Video Source: CNN

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I'm sorry, I did not see Trump attacking Cruz. In fact as I watched one of his rally's in Iowa. He refused to attack Cruz. I watched the entire thing.

The media is always trying to start some crap, when there isn't any. I just hope Cruz and Trump don't bite. I like Cruz. I think A Cruz Trump ticket would beat hillary.
    Last edited by PixieStix; 12-12-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I don't know about Iowa's being a bellweather, but I do expect some anti-Cruz rhetoric from Trump anytime now:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...lead/77199800/
    Trump responded with an attack against the Des Moines Register. Apparently that's a very liberal biased rag.