Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
That's a very reasonable assumption... makes a lot of sense. But it doesn't mean the local cops can't take a minute to check the number. Are all in Bermuda or off shore? I Did call the number back and got a person right away. The local cops at the least should be trained to advise me about FBI as you have,since they get "so many" calls along that line.
they dropped the ball.
That wasn't very professional of your local cops.. they should have pointed you to the correct LEO instead of trying to get you to hang up and forget about it.

I just used Bermuda as an example because the last scammer that I had dealings with was allegedly based there. He sounded Jamaican to me, but I'm no expert on Caribbean accents. I know the Nigerians are nipples-deep in phone scams, along with the Russkies. It's just safer to scam people from another country because of jurisdictions and getting foreign LEOs to cooperate... we're relatively loaded compared to other countries, so we're naturally the choice target.

The Nigerian cops have a whole lot more important matters to investigate than some American cop wanting him to help track down a couple of internet thugs at a cyber cafe scamming stupid Americans with too much money.