Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I don't know about all that romantic crap, but I would really enjoy a long casual conversation with Gunny and a few of the other vets over a cup of coffee anyplace warm or even in the mountains as long as it isn't freezing. As for waking up and sharing an intimate moment (with or without sex) I would have to say, in no particular order.... Kathianne, Abbey or Sassy.
    Kath will kill you. Might as well forget that crap. She scares ME.

And anytime you want to have a conversation, no problem. You remind me of my grandfather. He was the CSM of the 7th out of Benning. He'd say "Boy, don't piss me off". Otherwise he never said crap. He was EF Hutton. When he talked, you listened. Might save your life. That was one hardass MF-er. He was the only one that could dress me down. He like to call me boy a lot.

He'd say boy, you're whining your ass off ... even been in a Higgins boat? Can't say as I have. Then he'd proceed to call me parts of the female anatomy.

And I'll tell you this, Sergeant Major, I've had some of the weakest heads up the CO's asses E-9s that just put on the stripes. I don't even know who the Hell they were trying to be. You ain't going to get past SgtMaj. I'd follow you into Hell. Just give me the 60 and plenty of ammo.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

And anytime you want to have a conversation, no problem. You remind me of my grandfather. He was the CSM of the 7th out of Benning. He'd say "Boy, don't piss me off". Otherwise he never said crap. He was EF Hutton. When he talked, you listened. Might save your life. That was one hardass MF-er. He was the only one that could dress me down. He like to call me boy a lot.

He'd say boy, you're whining your ass off ... even been in a Higgins boat? Can't say as I have. Then he'd proceed to call me parts of the female anatomy.

And I'll tell you this, Sergeant Major, I've had some of the weakest heads up the CO's asses E-9s that just put on the stripes. I don't even know who the Hell they were trying to be. You ain't going to get past SgtMaj. I'd follow you into Hell. Just give me the 60 and plenty of ammo.
    Sounds like your Grandfather was a very wise man,

I actually have a lot of respect for the old timers like that, they said just what they thought and didn't care what was PCed. Hell people can't believe how I talk to my kids, but I don't believe in sugar coating sheot, when they get in the real world they will meet folks say like TF, yea they sure as hell better know the right way to do things.
    Last edited by Jeff; 03-04-2016 at 09:12 AM.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

5. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Sounds like your Grandfather was a very wise man,

I actually have a lot of respect for the old timers like that, they said just what they thought and didn't care what was PCed. Hell eople can't believe how I talk to my kids, but I don't believe in sugar coating sheot, when they get in the real world they will meet folks say like TF, yea they sure as hell better know the right way to do things.
    That dude was so hard he wore his pants out from the inside. I never had too many heroes. He was one.

CSM is that type. I know my leaders. If you don't command respect, you don't get it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

That dude was so hard he wore his pants out from the inside. I never had too many heroes. He was one.

CSM is that type. I know my leaders. If you don't command respect, you don't get it.
    Not many of them left, I call them the old John Wayne types. A Man's man.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

9. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Any one of those ladies would be a challenge...why else would I choose them?

Odd that you mention a Higgins boat.... rode in one of them a few times but had nothing to do with assaulting beaches. It was my mode of transportation to a remote little island off the coast of Okinawa. Swapped off with a Mike boat every other day. Did that for about 3 months.

and yeah there are some E-9s that are not worth the powder it takes to blow them away. Most of those are post Viet Nam era politicians (or so it seems to me).
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

11. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Not many of them left, I call them the old John Wayne types. A Man's man.
    I remember my grandpa asking me what I was gonna do. Let's see .. me my brother and all 3 of my cousins joined the Corps. We got a squid in the family but don't claim him. And he STILL called me a p*ssy.

13. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Most missed - chloe i really miss chloe--
    also miss logroller, Shadow, Marcus Aurelius, Mr P, Gaffer, Dragonstrike, Jafer, and several others
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-04-2016 at 09:46 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

15. Thanks CSM, Kathianne, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Okay, here goes.

Best defender of Freedom of Speech : @jimnyc - There's been a few times over the years where I would have just banned a problematic poster, but he stuck to his guns and let them blast away.

Most respected : @Abbey - I can't think of one person, conservative or liberal, who didn't respect her wisdom & patience. She's kind of an anchor for all of us around here.

Most brutally honest : @dmp and @Perianne - Both have shared personal situations that took tremendous courage, far more than I possess. I admire that.

Most politically astute : @Kathianne - We don't always agree, but if she gives her opinion, I take note. She's a fountain of information and can back it up in a heartbeat.

Funniest avatar : @Nukeman - I have a weird circuit in my head that thinks his Simpsons avatar is hilarious. Just the way it's drawn, grimacing as some weird shit is about to go down!

Most helpful : @Nukeman & @Trigg - A while back I had a tumor that had me pretty worried. Nukey and Trigg took the CT pictures and consulted with professionals at their work in addition to my Docs. Helped me out bigtime.

Most tenacious : @Drummond - His grim determination to never give up, never surrender reminds me of Churchill. You could not ask for a more dedicated fighter once he commits to battle.

Best Devil's Advocate : @fj1200 - A close second in tenacity, but he has the impressive ability to argue positions contrary to his beliefs very well, just for the hell of it.

Hardest to corner in debate : @fj1200 - Yep, a twofer! Cornering FJ in a debate is almost impossible because he can see the traps deployed and easily skirt them. Not many can do that - it's an admirable talent.

Most respected : @Gunny @CSM @namvet - All of them have my utmost respect, and even though I've probably pissed all of them off. Hearing their POV always makes me take note, especially in military matters.

Sexiest woman on the planet : @NT'sGirl - The most perfect wife a man could ask for. Without question, my better half.

Sexiest legs other than my wife's : @SassyLady - One of the most charming and beautiful woman I've met who is wickedly smart and a joy to chat with on almost any subject.

Best Warrior Poet : @Tyr-Ziu Saxnot - You don't run across a man like this very often. Someone who can deliver poetry about sunsets and swans while kicking your ass is a startling combo. Probably very unfair to the other guy.

Most Awesome Poster : @hjmick - Just because he hates being awesome, but is awesome as a result. Also, a fine taste in dinner selections. In seriousness, though, his sense of humor & posting style slays me.

Smartest : @Little-Acorn - I've read his posts for many years now, and he never fails to deliver impeccable logic in a superbly written post. He's kind of a Victor Davis Hanson around here.

Best Curmudgeon : @aboutime - Also very tenacious and a wealth of info about the Navy, and keeps you on your toes.

Most missed : @Gaffer. RIP, my friend. I miss watching your wicked sense of humor in action around here.

Most interesting : @Balu - When he cares to engage, I enjoy his pictures of Russia and his Russian point of view. It's a rare thing to see.

Most funny : @Jeff @LongTermGuy - I'd love to sit down and have a beer and listen to some of their shenanigans. Not so sure about Jeff's dark secret regarding Granola bars, though. Closet greenie?

Most courteous : @revelarts - I've seen some pretty harsh things thrown at him, but he never fails to be respectful despite that. That's an admirable quality that I don't possess. He's a good man who knows his core.

Most conspiracy - minded : @revelarts - Yep, another twofer! Some of the ideas are pretty funny because they're so out there... but he has dug up a few that made me think. And that makes it worthwhile.

Best LEO Watchdog : @indago - Usually the cops are trying to do the right thing, but he's had a few stories that warrant alarm from everyday civilians like me.

Most baffling : @Christie Brinkley - I can't decide where the loyalty lies. Conservative and Liberal posts that are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I never know what to expect.

Posters that need to post more : @DLT @KitchenKitten99 @Sitarro @logroller - I enjoy reading their posts, but they're mighty scarce these days.

Best new addition to DP : @Russ - It's apparent how you were able to nab Abbey. A great mind, logical and very well spoken and a killer sense of humor. Don't forget to post those Redhead pictures.

Most thoughtful : @Black Diamond - Always seems to come up with another point that eluded most of us - or at least me, anyway - and a great sense of humor as well.

Most likely to tell you where the Bear Shit In The Buckwheat : @Gunny - You never have to guess what The Gunny is thinking. I would expect no less from such a man.

Most gentlemanly : @Elessar - Chivalrous almost to a fault, something I should strive more to be. But once he decides he doesn't like someone, the assault is impressive.

Best Civilian Military Buff : @Voted4Reagan - V4R has impressed me more than a few times of his command of historical military knowledge.

Best Liberal Member : @WiccanLiberal - Already said it, but the nicest Liberal I've ever met. Well spoken and polite, something I'm not accustomed to from that side of the aisle. Much respect.

Most Reviled : @Gnostic Christian Bishop - Jesus loves you, but the rest of us think you're an asshole.

Most Inept Troll : @tailfins - Somewhere along the line you thought you needed attention however you can get it, but your clumsy attempts at trolling are embarrassing. Whatever floats your boat, though.

Biggest Liar : @gabosaurus - I think this has been talked about enough, but I'm trying to be thorough here.

Most mellowed over the years : @glockmail - Used to be hell on wheels and extremely combative... much as I was a few years ago. I enjoy your posts these days.

Best Sleeper : @grannyhawkins - It takes more effort to lay out southern slang than to just type it correctly, but I've seen a few times where you lured someone into your trap and pounced. The sucker never saw it coming.

Most knowledgeable on almost any topic : @sundaydriver - More than a few times I was impressed with the depth of knowledge displayed on a very diverse range of subjects.

DP's Chatty McChatterson : @Perianne - Willing & able to discuss almost any subject at any given moment! A quick mind capable of shifting gears rapidly.

Most Bulletproof : @Noir - Unrepentant atheist and liberal, still is unfailingly pleasant even when being attacked. 2nd only to Rev. Almost as dogged as Drummond. I agree with him almost never, but I like him anyway.

Southern Man Defined : @red state - I get a kick out of your Southern POV, and enjoy reading your posts & your sense of humor. You remind me of a crazy Cajun I knew as a boy who I admired.

I probably missed a couple people here, but I need more coffee.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 03-04-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

17. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm not all that scary, if you act right! Got that?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You're not scary at all, Kathianne.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

20. Thanks LongTermGuy, Voted4Reagan thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

22. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

@NightTrain, your description of Tyr alone, was worth the price of admission.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

24. Thanks Kathianne, NightTrain, Voted4Reagan, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Most Deserved PermaBan - Robert A. Whit

Most Deserving of a future PermaBan - Tailfins
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Okay, here goes.

Best defender of Freedom of Speech : @jimnyc - There's been a few times over the years where I would have just banned a problematic poster, but he stuck to his guns and let them blast away.

Most respected : @Abbey - I can't think of one person, conservative or liberal, who didn't respect her wisdom & patience. She's kind of an anchor for all of us around here.

Most brutally honest : @dmp and @Perianne - Both have shared personal situations that took tremendous courage, far more than I possess. I admire that.

Most politically astute : @Kathianne - We don't always agree, but if she gives her opinion, I take note. She's a fountain of information and can back it up in a heartbeat.

Funniest avatar : @Nukeman - I have a weird circuit in my head that thinks his Simpsons avatar is hilarious. Just the way it's drawn, grimacing as some weird shit is about to go down!

Most helpful : @Nukeman & @Trigg - A while back I had a tumor that had me pretty worried. Nukey and Trigg took the CT pictures and consulted with professionals at their work in addition to my Docs. Helped me out bigtime.

Most tenacious : @Drummond - His grim determination to never give up, never surrender reminds me of Churchill. You could not ask for a more dedicated fighter once he commits to battle.

Best Devil's Advocate : @fj1200 - A close second in tenacity, but he has the impressive ability to argue positions contrary to his beliefs very well, just for the hell of it.

Hardest to corner in debate : @fj1200 - Yep, a twofer! Cornering FJ in a debate is almost impossible because he can see the traps deployed and easily skirt them. Not many can do that - it's an admirable talent.

Most respected : @Gunny @CSM @namvet - All of them have my utmost respect, and even though I've probably pissed all of them off. Hearing their POV always makes me take note, especially in military matters.

Sexiest woman on the planet : @NT'sGirl - The most perfect wife a man could ask for. Without question, my better half.

Sexiest legs other than my wife's : @SassyLady - One of the most charming and beautiful woman I've met who is wickedly smart and a joy to chat with on almost any subject.

Best Warrior Poet : @Tyr-Ziu Saxnot - You don't run across a man like this very often. Someone who can deliver poetry about sunsets and swans while kicking your ass is a startling combo. Probably very unfair to the other guy.

Most Awesome Poster : @hjmick - Just because he hates being awesome, but is awesome as a result. Also, a fine taste in dinner selections. In seriousness, though, his sense of humor & posting style slays me.

Smartest : @Little-Acorn - I've read his posts for many years now, and he never fails to deliver impeccable logic in a superbly written post. He's kind of a Victor Davis Hanson around here.

Best Curmudgeon : @aboutime - Also very tenacious and a wealth of info about the Navy, and keeps you on your toes.

Most missed : @Gaffer. RIP, my friend. I miss watching your wicked sense of humor in action around here.

Most interesting : @Balu - When he cares to engage, I enjoy his pictures of Russia and his Russian point of view. It's a rare thing to see.

Most funny : @Jeff @LongTermGuy - I'd love to sit down and have a beer and listen to some of their shenanigans. Not so sure about Jeff's dark secret regarding Granola bars, though. Closet greenie?

Most courteous : @revelarts - I've seen some pretty harsh things thrown at him, but he never fails to be respectful despite that. That's an admirable quality that I don't possess. He's a good man who knows his core.

Most conspiracy - minded : @revelarts - Yep, another twofer! Some of the ideas are pretty funny because they're so out there... but he has dug up a few that made me think. And that makes it worthwhile.

Best LEO Watchdog : @indago - Usually the cops are trying to do the right thing, but he's had a few stories that warrant alarm from everyday civilians like me.

Most baffling : @Christie Brinkley - I can't decide where the loyalty lies. Conservative and Liberal posts that are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I never know what to expect.

Posters that need to post more : @DLT @KitchenKitten99 @Sitarro @logroller - I enjoy reading their posts, but they're mighty scarce these days.

Best new addition to DP : @Russ - It's apparent how you were able to nab Abbey. A great mind, logical and very well spoken and a killer sense of humor. Don't forget to post those Redhead pictures.

Most thoughtful : @Black Diamond - Always seems to come up with another point that eluded most of us - or at least me, anyway - and a great sense of humor as well.

Most likely to tell you where the Bear Shit In The Buckwheat : @Gunny - You never have to guess what The Gunny is thinking. I would expect no less from such a man.

Most gentlemanly : @Elessar - Chivalrous almost to a fault, something I should strive more to be. But once he decides he doesn't like someone, the assault is impressive.

Best Civilian Military Buff : @Voted4Reagan - V4R has impressed me more than a few times of his command of historical military knowledge.

Best Liberal Member : @WiccanLiberal - Already said it, but the nicest Liberal I've ever met. Well spoken and polite, something I'm not accustomed to from that side of the aisle. Much respect.

Most Reviled : @Gnostic Christian Bishop - Jesus loves you, but the rest of us think you're an asshole.

Most Inept Troll : @tailfins - Somewhere along the line you thought you needed attention however you can get it, but your clumsy attempts at trolling are embarrassing. Whatever floats your boat, though.

Biggest Liar : @gabosaurus - I think this has been talked about enough, but I'm trying to be thorough here.

Most mellowed over the years : @glockmail - Used to be hell on wheels and extremely combative... much as I was a few years ago. I enjoy your posts these days.

Best Sleeper : @grannyhawkins - It takes more effort to lay out southern slang than to just type it correctly, but I've seen a few times where you lured someone into your trap and pounced. The sucker never saw it coming.

Most knowledgeable on almost any topic : @sundaydriver - More than a few times I was impressed with the depth of knowledge displayed on a very diverse range of subjects.

DP's Chatty McChatterson : @Perianne - Willing & able to discuss almost any subject at any given moment! A quick mind capable of shifting gears rapidly.

Most Bulletproof : @Noir - Unrepentant atheist and liberal, still is unfailingly pleasant even when being attacked. 2nd only to Rev. Almost as dogged as Drummond. I agree with him almost never, but I like him anyway.

Southern Man Defined : @red state - I get a kick out of your Southern POV, and enjoy reading your posts & your sense of humor. You remind me of a crazy Cajun I knew as a boy who I admired.

I probably missed a couple people here, but I need more coffee.
    Great list!!!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson