Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
It says 12 hours notice right there in black and white. I never had to test your premise because the threat of filing an ethics complaint against my ex-landlord with the Florida Bar seemed to make him back off. The Florida Bar prohibits attorneys from having dealings that would reflect poorly on the legal profession. That landlord falsely accused me of having a cat and tried to charge me a penalty. I had a pet damage remediation company come in and certify there were no signs of a pet having been on the premises.
I'm not saying you were wrong. I've had dealings with the goofiest landlords in the world and only some of them spoke English. Should try an Okinawan landlord on for size. He backed off because he had no grounds. That's quite obvious from what you are saying.

You get caught up in the FL judicial system though and it's all about the $ to them. And landlords usually get away with with their crap. Think about it .. he's a landlord and you're a lowly renter. Most people that rent can't afford the legal fees.

I got into it in Woodbridge, VA with our landlord and he only backed off when I threatened to have Base Housing Authority inspect the dwelling. You get put on BHA's shit list and you're blackballed from any military references to your properties.