Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Religious sources with regard to gays/abortion and I.D. are anti-science and not deserving of equal weight. They are so agenda-driven and bias-filled that they are unreliable. You choose to believe them, that's fine. But they shouldn't be imposed on others nor should others be expected to give them the weight you do. And I don't mean to sound rude to you in saying that. But you commented, so I responded.

And yes, it is null and void, in my estimation.
    Absurd.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Why would I undertake the effort to check unreliable information when there is unbiased information available? Would be a waste of time for me to do, no?
    LMAO. There is no unbiased information available on this topic. There's just information available that you choose to agree with and label "unbiased."
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I already answered that, I think, as did Bubbles
    Neither answer was acceptable. Just closed-minded dismissiveness.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As far as I know, most pedophiles are heterosexual although one of Bubbles' links seems to imply otherwise.
    Which link was that?

Dishonesty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Then both your heart and brains are questionable. Homosexuality is abnormal.

There is nothing legitimate for you to read. Any info on the topic of a gay - pedophile correlation is written by one extreme or the other.

The fact that you choose to deny what is obvious -- that a man who has sex with a boy is a gay pedophile -- is illogical.
    I think it's safe to conclude that there is no smoking gun linking homosexuality and pedophilia. Even the studies done by those biased against homosexuals have to present their findings worded in such a way as to mislead. The "homosexuals comprise 2-3% of the population yet account for 25-40% of molestation victims" is a prime example. If there were truly a correlation, the findings would read "homosexuals are only 2-3% of the population, but they account for 25-40% of pedophiles." If the percentage of pedophiles among the homosexual population were significantly higher than their representaion in the general population, I GUARANTEE that statistic would be presented.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I don't think anyone is saying there are no gay pedophiles. What I would respond to is the effort to link homosexuality and pedophilia in order to justify
    homophobia. There are homosexual pedophiles and heterosexual pedophiles. I don't think one is any better than the other.

As far as I know, most pedophiles are heterosexual although one of Bubbles' links seems to imply otherwise. What I can say is most of the sex abuse cases I got to watch during my appearances in Family Court involved heterosexuals.
    Your pardner in crime has attempted to disassociate pedophilia with homosexuality. I did not attempt to say one leads to the other or vice-versa. Only that one can be bothm a pedophile and a homosexual.

I really don't care whether pedophiles are homosexual or heterosexual. I've seen so-called statistics that are all over he place ... enough to know we'll likely never see an honest set of numbers.

The correlation is that both are sexually aberrant behavior. However, there's a HUGE difference in my mind between what two consenting adults are doing and a sexual predator screwing up the rest of a child's life.

Pedophiles should be shot. I'm surprised maine isn't all over this. I would be more than willing to violate whatever rights they think they have to remove them from society so that there can't even be a single moment's weakness that causes a lifetime of pain.

Not that I have an opinion on the subject .....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Which link was that?

Dishonesty
    The vast majority of pedophiles ARE heterosexual.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    I think it's safe to conclude that there is no smoking gun linking homosexuality and pedophilia. Even the studies done by those biased against homosexuals have to present their findings worded in such a way as to mislead. The "homosexuals comprise 2-3% of the population yet account for 25-40% of molestation victims" is a prime example. If there were truly a correlation, the findings would read "homosexuals are only 2-3% of the population, but they account for 25-40% of pedophiles." If the percentage of pedophiles among the homosexual population were significantly higher than their representaion in the general population, I GUARANTEE that statistic would be presented.
    It has not been my argument that one leads to the other. Only that a person can be both.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    One report:

Another

Op-Ed

Op-Ed using Cited Sources for Data:

General Homosexual Information:

http://www.jefflindsay.com/gays.html
    Hhhmmm...let's look at the first link from WMD. It quotes a Regent University Study. And who are Regent University? Run by Pat Robertson of course...

http://www.regent.edu/general/about_us/

As America's premier graduate school dedicated to combining quality education with biblical teachings, Regent continues to produce Christian leaders who will make a difference, who will change the world

Nope, no agenda there!

This too is a biased site showing the other side of the coin:

http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=1629

The report by Steve Baldwin, entitled "Child Molestation and the Homosexual Movement," was first offered to the law review at Stanford University, which declined to publish it.

Baldwin, a former California State Assemblyman who battled his compatriots over the so-called "gay agenda" in California's public schools, now acts as executive director of the Council on National Policy, a virtual 'who's who' of Religious Right and conservative leaders.

Here is the text of his OPINIONATED piece, which is nothing but an anti-gay rant,

http://www.regent.edu/acad/schlaw/ac...4_2baldwin.PDF

Sure, he uses citations, but there misleading in that they are not specific enough to see the context of what is being said overall, only that he cherrypicked parts of it. And there is nothing, aboslutely nothing, to substantiate his claim the homos are more likely to be molesters than hetros...Christ, I hope you can do better than this Darin.
    Last edited by Grumplestillskin; 01-30-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    The vast majority of pedophiles ARE heterosexual.
    Sheer numbers yes, percentage of population that commits no. Homos as a percentage of their community are FAR MORE LIKELY to commit pedophilia.

Nambla *cough* Nambla

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    were outed and defrocked do you think there would be many left to preach morality to the faithful?
    yes.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Which link was that?

Dishonesty
    Don't attribute your own behaviors to me, cookie. I'm not the one who omits the key statement in a study to manipulate the result.

I defy you to sit in the child abuse/neglect part in your local family court and tell me that pedophiles are largely gay.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    Hhhmmm...let's look at the first link from WMD. It quotes a Regent University Study. And who are Regent University? Run by Pat Robertson of course...

http://www.regent.edu/general/about_us/

As America's premier graduate school dedicated to combining quality education with biblical teachings, Regent continues to produce Christian leaders who will make a difference, who will change the world

Nope, no agenda there!

This too is a biased site showing the other side of the coin:

http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=1629

The report by Steve Baldwin, entitled "Child Molestation and the Homosexual Movement," was first offered to the law review at Stanford University, which declined to publish it.

Baldwin, a former California State Assemblyman who battled his compatriots over the so-called "gay agenda" in California's public schools, now acts as executive director of the Council on National Policy, a virtual 'who's who' of Religious Right and conservative leaders.

Here is the text of his OPINIONATED piece, which is nothing but an anti-gay rant,

http://www.regent.edu/acad/schlaw/ac...4_2baldwin.PDF

Sure, he uses citations, but there misleading in that they are not specific enough to see the context of what is being said overall, only that he cherrypicked parts of it. And there is nothing, aboslutely nothing, to substantiate his claim the homos are more likely to be molesters than hetros...Christ, I hope you can do better than this Darin.

You're honestly beyond help.

Hey - get this - this forum is called "debatepolicey.com"

WAIT A minute...I'm a CHRISTIAN, so you shouldn't believe me, right?

You cannot refute the evidence I presented, so you attack the sourse based on your (gasp) BIAS.

wow.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't attribute your own behaviors to me, cookie. I'm not the one who omits the key statement in a study to manipulate the result.

I defy you to sit in the child abuse/neglect part in your local family court and tell me that pedophiles are largely gay.
    Lol she is still hanging her hat on that study ROTFLMFAO!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You're honestly beyond help.

Hey - get this - this forum is called "debatepolicey.com"

WAIT A minute...I'm a CHRISTIAN, so you shouldn't believe me, right?

You cannot refute the evidence I presented, so you attack the sourse based on your (gasp) BIAS.

wow.
    Yep, Chump's m.o. to a t.

If anything has the slightest stench of religion they dismiss it out of hand and hang their hats on doublespeak links.