Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default I'm Angry! So I'm Voting For Donald Trump.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Thanks Kathianne, gabosaurus, DLT thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

That's awesome.

4. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Doesn't tell an entire story though, and seems more like someone trying to mock those supporting Trump, than someone listening to those who support him and understanding why.

6. Thanks crin63, Jeff, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Doesn't tell an entire story though, and seems more like someone trying to mock those supporting Trump, than someone listening to those who support him and understanding why.
    There's no doubt in my mind that's the case. I have tried to study this Trump in November thing carefully. The best argument I have heard so far presents it as using Trump as the lead pipe that busts up the left and the Democrats. With that opposition eliminated, real conservatives can come back and take back the GOP facing only a weakened Democrat party. However, there are enough angry Trumpsters to get 38% of the GOP, but that won't win a general election.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind that's the case. I have tried to study this Trump in November thing carefully. The best argument I have heard so far presents it as using Trump as the lead pipe that busts up the left and the Democrats. With that opposition eliminated, real conservatives can come back and take back the GOP facing only a weakened Democrat party. However, there are enough angry Trumpsters to get 38% of the GOP, but that won't win a general election.
    And if so, those on this board either haven't been reading, or have comprehension issues. I've made MANY posts on MANY issues, and they hardly sound like that guy. And I know MANY more just like that, including my father & stepmother, who are hardly idiots that some want to make all Trump supporters sound like.

"Trumpsters" - "T-rump" - do you think that matters to Trump's campaign, or is it supposed to somehow bother those who support him?

I have news for you - Cruz has been DOA for quite some time, as have 15 other candidates. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

9. Thanks PixieStix, Jeff, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

And if so, those on this board either haven't been reading, or have comprehension issues. I've made MANY posts on MANY issues, and they hardly sound like that guy. And I know MANY more just like that, including my father & stepmother, who are hardly idiots that some want to make all Trump supporters sound like.

"Trumpsters" - "T-rump" - do you think that matters to Trump's campaign, or is it supposed to somehow bother those who support him?

I have news for you - Cruz has been DOA for quite some time, as have 15 other candidates. Sorry to burst your bubble there.
    TFs is correct on two things: One, Trump DOES represent people angry with DC politics. And two, as of yesterday, Trump would lose badly to Billary right now. And he's done a bang up job stepping on his own crank the last week or so because he doesn't think before he opens his mouth. And setting himself by allowing Chris Matthew -- the disgusting POS -- to interview him was a disaster.

HOWEVER, the only person I see DISPLAYING anger around here is TF. He's all over the damned place with his rhetoric. Gotten REAL old.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks jimnyc, crin63, Jeff, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    TFs is correct on two things: One, Trump DOES represent people angry with DC politics. And two, as of yesterday, Trump would lose badly to Billary right now. And he's done a bang up job stepping on his own crank the last week or so because he doesn't think before he opens his mouth. And setting himself by allowing Chris Matthew -- the disgusting POS -- to interview him was a disaster.

HOWEVER, the only person I see DISPLAYING anger around here is TF. He's all over the damned place with his rhetoric. Gotten REAL old.
    I don't disagree with some things, and KNOW that Trump has his faults... but watch the video, making his supporters out to be retards ain't working, not for me.

Somehow I think TF thinks he is changing minds here and somehow going to get Cruz elected through us.

13. Thanks crin63, PixieStix, Jeff, Elessar, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I don't disagree with some things, and KNOW that Trump has his faults... but watch the video, making his supporters out to be retards ain't working, not for me.

Somehow I think TF thinks he is changing minds here and somehow going to get Cruz elected through us.
    I think calling people retards doesn't work as well. Fact of the matter is though, if you disagree with someone, you think they are wrong. That's just how that is.

What I have to wonder about is how TF thinks he's the "model conservative" when he acts more like a Dem to constantly attacking people who disagree with him. I personally don't even see what the fuss is about because as it stands, the GOP is going to lose the WH, probably Congress, and the Supreme Court. And I think it's too late to fix it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

If you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, you can more than double your money now (maximum bet $850).

https://www.predictit.org/Market/123...ial-nomination

It's not about changing minds HERE. It's about trying different approaches and seeing what might plant seeds of doubt. Think of it as a focus group to see what works and what doesn't. I have no respect or regard whatsoever for most of the membership here. You are one of the few I do respect.
    Last edited by tailfins; 04-01-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think calling people retards doesn't work as well. Fact of the matter is though, if you disagree with someone, you think they are wrong. That's just how that is.

What I have to wonder about is how TF thinks he's the "model conservative" when he acts more like a Dem to constantly attacking people who disagree with him. I personally don't even see what the fuss is about because as it stands, the GOP is going to lose the WH, probably Congress, and the Supreme Court. And I think it's too late to fix it.
    Hell, I don't mind being told I am wrong, or that someone disagrees with me. that's kosher with me. But big difference when you simply disagree, or even passionately disagree - as opposed to trying to make fun of millions of folks, with lame rhetoric.

Beat me with facts and logic, and even if I lose, I can respect the other person. Beat me with insults and rhetoric, I'll laugh and generally reply in kind.

17. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's not about changing minds HERE. It's about trying different approaches and seeing what might plant seeds of doubt. Think of it as a focus group to see what works and what doesn't. I have no respect or regard whatsoever for most of the membership here. You are one of the few I do respect.
    Why not treat folks as individuals, and reply with that person in the manner in which they treat you? If someone is a dick, then be a dick back. If folks are generally respectful with someone, no need to post and more or less tell them they are an idiot, or less intelligent. Doing so won't plant seeds of doubt into anyone, it just irks them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Why not treat folks as individuals, and reply with that person in the manner in which they treat you? If someone is a dick, then be a dick back. If folks are generally respectful with someone, no need to post and more or less tell them they are an idiot, or less intelligent. Doing so won't plant seeds of doubt into anyone, it just irks them.
    Most of the dicks are Trump supporters!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

If you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, you can more than double your money now (maximum bet $850).

https://www.predictit.org/Market/123...ial-nomination

You're about one of the most arrogant pricks I think I've run into in 15 years online. Got news for you Chumly, you ain't smarter than anyone else. And you're backing a guy who's going to lose if wins the nomination as well. Get off your high.

OR, you can get me wound up. I'm fed up with your insults and I'm WAY better at it than you are.

21. Thanks Jeff, Elessar, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

You're about one of the most arrogant pricks I think I've run into in 15 years online. Got news for you Chumly, you ain't smarter than anyone else. And you're backing a guy who's going to lose if wins the nomination as well. Get off your high.

OR, you can get me wound up. I'm fed up with your insults and I'm WAY better at it than you are.
    What are you going to do? Pound your keyboard? You yourself said it's all just text on a screen. I offered to stop by if you wanted to be introduced as a human (not this cranky online waste of time). You showed no interest. How far are you from Big Bib Barbecue?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Most of the dicks are Trump supporters!
    I guess it's all in how you see things. I'm of the belief that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of attacks that I have seen, here at the board, have been from folks going after those who support Trump. Sorry, proof is in the pudding.

24. Thanks Drummond, Jeff thanked this post